XenoWang's GG + GM Log!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey big guy! Glad to see you somewhere outside of ABC

For all those who don't know- JTH is one huge motha so be on the look out for him. He's truly a tank.

As for competition photos... haha, if you're interested in seeing how ridiculously famished and Ethiopian I look, then clackity clack bitches!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/upenbb/my_photos

The bottom three albums (contest XV) are where you'll find my skinny ass.

Starved looking and still shitty abs- isn't that great?

Sadly, the guy who took 1st place overall (to my right in the photos) can't even begin to compare to the guys who took it in previous years. This show was pretty disappointing. My skeletal frame didn't help either!

My quad definition seemed to be really washed out and I can tell now that my back seemed to have lost a ton of thickness from all the dieting. Sadness. Alas, tis bulking season and I plan on adding some quality mass. I'm sure back thickness will return in time, but this time around I'm really going to concentrate on annihilating my shoulders and chest. Hopefully the bis/tris will follow. Calves and abs will be a priority as well... I gotta get some frickin' mass on these abs!
    Last edited by XenoWang; 11-13-2006, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Dude what are you talking about? You looked awesome. A hell of a lot better than a lot of those people. I liked your chest separation and your lats looked awesome. And I know its all about the journey and blah blah blah, placing doesnt matter and such, but what in the HELL was this joker doing there --> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/upenbb...e2.jpg&.src=ph
      http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/upenbb...e2.jpg&.src=ph
      He has to have at least 10+% bodyfat.
      Anyway, how are the measurements coming? You feeling the creatine yet?

Comment

Haha- the guy you pointed out was a 37 year old master's degree (or was it phd...) student. Yeah, I have no idea what he was doing there either

Anyways, I'm definitely feeling a bit fuller in recent days, but am only up 6-7 lbs from contest weight. Some of it is water and fat for sure, but my glycogen stores are definitely up. I haven't gotten into the full swing of things yet, but am going to be working chest tomorrow and hopefully we'll see some of that GG + GM start to kick in. I'm not expecting anything crazy, but am DEFINITELY excited to start lifting heavier again.

Just a question for creatine responders- do you notice a real difference in explosive power and endurance when using creatine? I still don't know what I"m looking for as I'm a traditional mono responder. Feedback is appreciated

Anyways, I'm hoping to have a good training week. Tomorrow is chest/abs, wednesday is off, Thursday is legs, Friday is shoulders/arms, Saturday is back/abs. Right now I'm only keeping it to 4 training days out of the week, but will see if I can put in a fifth training day. I plan on doing HIIT cardio on Sunday and perhaps one low-moderate intensity cardio session after one of my lifting sessions, but that depends on how lazy I'm feeling

Oh, and being the huge supplement whore that I am, I just ordered Designer Supplements' Glucophase and Melting Point today. I know I was only planning on using the GXR but I couldn't pass up the MP- it was on sale at nutraplanet for 20 bucks!! I'll be stacking this with CL Sesaglow at moderately low doses (4 MP + 2 Sesaglow) a day in order to keep fat gains at a minimum. I'm ultra excited at this approach- I think the cycling of calories, manipulation of the cardio variable (add in some LI cardio if I need it- I don't usually do this), not using high GI carbs, and the DS + CL stack is really going to take me far for this bulk. I also plan on using the P/RR/S training method in a couple of weeks once I get back into everything full force. It's either that or DC, but I feel at this point PRRS will be best. DAAMN can't you tell I'm excited?!!?

Here's to the most successful bulk yet!

Comment

Hey man,

I'm glad you have everything planned out. Your stack sounds pretty good, but I don't know about the MP+Glucophase. I thought you were bulking??? As far as I know, doesn't MP suppress your appetite? I just use Green tea extract + cardio, and maybe some sesamin to keep the fat off, but IMO I think the cutting supps like MP you should save until later. Just my .02

I respond to creatine. i'll tell you it's not a big difference in power and endurance, but you should feel it over the next couple weeks. You'll notice you can lift more weight for more reps, and you don't tire as easily through your sets. But again, it's not such a pronounced change, but you'll feel it.

Keep up the good work

Comment

I am bulking, but like I said, I want to stretch it out for as long as possible. In the past I haven't been able to bulk past 12-14 weeks without getting too fat. I know that more regular cardio and better calorie control will ultimately decide how lean I stay, but I want to see how the GXR and MP will help as well. Regardless, I think an R-ALA product should be used year round just for its overall benefits in glucose absorption and increased insulin sensitivity, which are beneficial for anybody. It's also a potent antioxidant, but I'm sure you already knew that

As for the MP + sesamin, again, just another tool to minimize fat gain. Believe me when I say I'm not a hard gainer, though I wouldn't call myself an endomorph. In any case, if I actually have trouble gaining weight over a few weeks, I'll just increase the calories and that's always cool with me Also, I'm going to be dosing the MP at only 3-4 a day and the sesamin at 2 a day. If this hinders me, I can always lower it. When I cut I'll simply increase the dosage a little, lower calories, increase calories, etc. Probably use EC + green tea a bit later if it's to be an extended cut.
            Last edited by XenoWang; 11-14-2006, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by XenoWang
              I am bulking, but like I said, I want to stretch it out for as long as possible. In the past I haven't been able to bulk past 12-14 weeks without getting too fat. I know that more regular cardio and better calorie control will ultimately decide how lean I stay, but I want to see how the GXR and MP will help as well. Regardless, I think an R-ALA product should be used year round just for its overall benefits in glucose absorption and increased insulin sensitivity, which are beneficial for anybody. It's also a potent antioxidant, but I'm sure you already knew that

As for the MP + sesamin, again, just another tool to minimize fat gain. Believe me when I say I'm not a hard gainer, though I wouldn't call myself an endomorph. In any case, if I actually have trouble gaining weight over a few weeks, I'll just increase the calories and that's always cool with me Also, I'm going to be dosing the MP at only 3-4 a day and the sesamin at 2 a day. If this hinders me, I can always lower it. When I cut I'll simply increase the dosage a little, lower calories, increase calories, etc. Probably use EC + green tea a bit later if it's to be an extended cut.
              Rock n roll. Sounds like you've done your homework. Good luck again, I'll be following along!

Comment

Day 5

Today was chest and abs. First time I've done barbell bench in ages and while my strength is still down, I expect it to shoot up fairly quickly over the next month. Other than that, it was a pretty standard chest day with decent volume (15 sets). I'm eager to see where P/RR/S can take me after I get back to a "baseline" strength level.

I also recently had an incredible revelation. Well, not really so much a revelation, but a realization, and that is I've been a lazy bastard about abs for these past 3 years. Even when I have a designated spot for abs in my workouts, I tended to half ass it. No more. I've cried about having shitty abs even when relatively lean. Well chalk that up to not actually training them enough! I plan on doing abs twice a week, 30 min at the end of those lifting sessions, and no half assing. I want a plate of armor on my midsection this time around. No excuses this time...

As for GG + GM, nothing terribly noticeable yet, but again, it's only the fifth day and I'm still trying to get my strength back up in general. I'll only start worrying if nothing's happening by the second or third week For what it's worth, I had a decent pump going on (nothing outrageous) and was looking pretty full, though I attribute some of that to increased carb intake. Ohhh yes, I just had a big bowl of oats and whey.... I love that shit.

Comment

Quads/Hams/Calves today

Went pretty moderate today with 185 on squats- it's been 2.5-3 weeks since I last touched any leg exercises so I just need to get my body reacclimated with it all. I can definitely tell that I'll be doing the "prison walk" tomorrow. The pain is always worst the day after my first leg workout in a while so I probably won't want to move much tomorrow, haha... I'm gonna try to man up and train anyways, especially since I'm switching gears and instead of the originally planned PRRS program I was going to start, I'm going to be doing some DC training with my training partner and I want to try to start a cycle tomorrow just to fit it in before Thanksgiving break. Hopefully we're gonna blast ourselves to hell and back these next few weeks, especially considering he won't be here next semester

Never fear though- a couple of the biggest guys here are currently doing DC and with any luck, they'll let a comparative dwarf hop on with them since I'm already pretty friendly with them

Calories are highest they've been in a long time today and all clean. Ahhh, good times.

Nothing crazy to report with the GM + GG since yes yes, booooring, but I'm still getting that strength back. You guys probably shouldn't even bother looking here until 2-3 weeks from now, hah. In any case, thirst is noticeably higher, so there's gotta be some osmotic activity going on, amirite?!?

Other notables: started DS Glucophase and Melting Point. Still waiting on that supposed NP special for Sesaglow, heh. Initially I was wary of the idea of only lifting 3 times a week but now I'm fully on board because of the increased intensity and frequency (I've always been a fan of high volume, typical single/double body part per day routines but I've been doing it the majority of the time I've been lifting and I have a feeling the change will do me a world of good). Hitting each body part with the increased frequency will hopefully yield some good gains, plus the plan lets me get in more cardio, which is great. I'll be doing 3 days lifting, 2 cardio days a week, and chill for the other two. I'll add another cardio day if I need to just to stay leaner. I'm in no rush to gain, as long as those gains are quality

Comment

Quick input...
                    Strength is definitely on the rise, slowly but surely. Had my second DC workout today for biceps, forearms, quads, hams, calves... Bis were hella pumped from the rest-pausing and strict form but the killer was the quad blasting. My quads and hams are still ultra sore from my leg workout on Thursday and doing leg press today was NOT FUN. Hurt like a bitch, but I did it. I expect that once my legs become readapted to the training, recovery will be significantly quicker and I'll be seeing some crazy workouts.

Aside from that, I just popped a couple GXR and MP and am ready to eat my first out of two Thanksgiving dinners tonight- just waiting for my sweet potato and marshmallow casserole to finish in the oven so I can bring it down to my friends' room

Comment

DC Workout Numero Dos

Still figuring out the kinks in the program, need to lay out a complete A1, A2, A3, and so on for B, split but so far I'm likin' it!

Had chest/shoulders/tris/back today and shit was hit hard. While I'm currently not pushing as much weight as I used to (which will change), the fact that I'm really concentrating on the negatives this time around with good form is definitely making up for the relatively lower weight. Intense ass sets all around- of course, this is a necessity since there is only one working set for each group

Tried rack chins for the first time today and I am liking them a lot. Really isolated the lats and felt a full stretch. Then I did RDLs afterwards, which went pretty well. I can move 315 for 6-8 with straps when I'm fresh but only hit 275x5 today. This was at the very end of my workout though and my forearms were fried as all get out. I'll be putting my "back thickness" sets after my chest sets so I'm fresher for the heavy weight.

Overall everything was quite pumped and as far as GM + GG go, I feel like my tris and shoulders definitely felt pumped for longer than they usually are. I usually lose the pump 5 minutes after the last working set for that group but this time around it stayed well past 10 minutes. Obviously I'm not talking "skin-bursting pumps" but they definitely felt engorged and well-worked.

I'm happy

Comment

Overall everything was quite pumped and as far as GM + GG go, I feel like my tris and shoulders definitely felt pumped for longer than they usually are. I usually lose the pump 5 minutes after the last working set for that group but this time around it stayed well past 10 minutes. Obviously I'm not talking "skin-bursting pumps" but they definitely felt engorged and well-worked.

I'm happy
                        What are you doing as far as stretching ?

How much water are you drinking during your workout ?

Comment

I drank half a gallon during that workout, which contained around 12g of Xtend and 1 scoop of GG (took 2 scoops prior with the GM).

As far as stretching, doing the ones commonly recommended by DC advocates (fly stretch for chest, delt stretch with body pulling away from a barbell behind me, DB extension stretch for tris, hang stretch for back). Chest stretch was by far the most painful and hardest to do for me (always has been). I could only hit 40 seconds while I was aiming for 60. Part of the problem is that I'm a pretty bad "delt pusher" when it comes to pressing (trying to fix this) so my delts were burning like crazy during the chest stretch and eventually gave out. Hang stretch was pretty crappy at the end too, but that's mainly because my forearms were shot to hell by then. Shouldn't be as much of a problem if I put the back exercises earlier. I'll use straps for the hang stretch if need be as well.

Comment

Worst... squat day.... ever...

My lower back was still quite sore from deadlifts on Tuesday so my squats suffered majorly today. I performed better on squats 3 weeks out from my contest than I did today!! Oy....

Well, just means I need to make sure I place my deadlift workouts quite far from my back squat workouts.

Feeling pretty fat today too.... most likely a combination of the Thanksgiving dinner last night (literally the 5th binge this month since the contest, AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!) and possible water retention from the MP. I'm going to be ultra on track for the next few weeks damn it

Comment

I usually lose the pump 5 minutes after the last working set for that group but this time around it stayed well past 10 minutes.
                              I get a deep / insane pump from GlycerGROW that lasts WAYY more than 10 minutes (with extreme stretching), so it sounds like it hasn't fully kicked in yet... the best is yet to come.

Comment

Damn good leg/bi/forearm workout today- leg press was exceptionally strong. Combine that with a widowmaker set at the end and sissy squat stretch and I was stumbling a little bit for a few seconds

In any case, I think I'm actually going to discontinue this log for now and simply give a general review at the end of this tub of GM. Nothing to cause me to go "omgwtfbbq" yet but I've become a bit more practical and realistic in my views of creatine. Some may experience significant strength gains but as for me, I'll leave that up to the diet and training. If creatine can offer even marginal benefits, I'll take it.

I think after GM I'll give DS Xceed a whirl- don't hurt me CL dudes

Comment

Working...
                                X