No announcement yet.

XenoWang's GG + GM Log!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imo you'd be better off spending your money on steaks and oats, lol.

Comment

Oh no worries, there's plenty of money that goes to that too. I've just become a total supplement whore as of late- reading the supplement board at bb.com is NOT good for my wallet and I haven't even made any big purchases yet!

On a side note, my first day on GG + GM begins today. I'll try to keep the log as consistent as possible. Realistically speaking I won't be all like "omgwtf this is amazing" even of my strength shoots up during the first week because:
      a) I don't expect results from supplements to kick in that quickly and this is the fourth run of creatine I'm going on, the previous three (mono, CEE, kre-alk) had no tangible effects. Thus, I'm a bit skeptical but hopeful.
      b) The increase in calories will undoubtedly result in some strength gains (or re-gains rather) in the coming weeks, so yeah...

In retrospect I think I should start the stack in a few weeks time, but I'm impatient, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by XenoWang
        Oh no worries, there's plenty of money that goes to that too. I've just become a total supplement whore as of late- reading the supplement board at bb.com is NOT good for my wallet and I haven't even made any big purchases yet!

On a side note, my first day on GG + GM begins today. I'll try to keep the log as consistent as possible. Realistically speaking I won't be all like "omgwtf this is amazing" even of my strength shoots up during the first week because:
        a) I don't expect results from supplements to kick in that quickly and this is the fourth run of creatine I'm going on, the previous three (mono, CEE, kre-alk) had no tangible effects. Thus, I'm a bit skeptical but hopeful.
        b) The increase in calories will undoubtedly result in some strength gains (or re-gains rather) in the coming weeks, so yeah...

In retrospect I think I should start the stack in a few weeks time, but I'm impatient, heh.
        Can't wait to hear your feedback, both initial and long-term.

Comment

Hey, if CL can make me a believer in creatine, then I will be a very happy man. Plus, you guys get more business

Comment

Looking foreward to it!

On a side note, I would go with the Xfactor stacked with something like Powerfull or Activate. I'm hesitant to recommend JW or Restore, especially for someone our age (under 25). ALRI is a good company, but those particular products do a lot of hormonal changes in your body, and personally I"m always weary of that. But I've had good progress and gains with Arachadonic acid, stacked with a mild test booster such as Blue up or Activate could be a pretty killer stack.

Comment

Yeah, I'm definitely weary of anything that modulates hormones to the extent that JW seems to. I'm definitely gonna try X-Factor some time in the near future, that's for sure. I'm not sure I'm sold on the ecydesterone thing yet. If anything I'll stack X-Factor with Activate. X-Factor + Activate + E-Bol sounds pretty killer too, but I think in that case you'd run into an issue of diminishing returns so I might try E-Bol separately some other time.

Comment

Day 1:
                Initial impressions: GM tastes great, GG not so much. I'll look forward to having GM pre-workout for sure. Effects on workout? Too early to tell obviously. Seemed to have a good pump and muscle hardness going on today, but I attribute that mainly to my increase in carbs in recent days rather than the GG+GM. I do, however, seem to have noticed an increase in thirst with the GG.

I think it's unfortunate that there is a big variable changing as I begin this stack, mainly my diet. I would've liked to see what GM + GG would've done for me during my pre-contest diet but alas, it was not to be.

In any case, I'm sure I'll have more accurate assessments in a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by XenoWang
                  Day 1:
                  Initial impressions: GM tastes great, GG not so much. I'll look forward to having GM pre-workout for sure. Effects on workout? Too early to tell obviously. Seemed to have a good pump and muscle hardness going on today, but I attribute that mainly to my increase in carbs in recent days rather than the GG+GM. I do, however, seem to have noticed an increase in thirst with the GG.

I think it's unfortunate that there is a big variable changing as I begin this stack, mainly my diet. I would've liked to see what GM + GG would've done for me during my pre-contest diet but alas, it was not to be.

In any case, I'm sure I'll have more accurate assessments in a week or two.

With GG, make sure you up your intake of water, at least 1.5gl a day. You'll start pissing like a racehorse first, but that will taper off eventually; that leads me to bold point #2. You'll really start to see/feel/notice the effects of GG after a few weeks, so give it a bit of time
                  A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Water intake shouldn't be a problem- I average 2 gallons a day as it is.

Hopefully the GM + GG start kicking in full gear by the time Thanksgiving comes around so that all that anabolic turkey will make me look beastly and my brother will be like "omgwtfbbq."

Comment

Xeno,

Ive seen some posts where you talk about a MRP/weight gainer, but without malto in it.

Have you heard of Core-MRP?
                      http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/core/mrp.html

The primary carb source is an Oat-barley blend.
                      Just tried a free sample, tastes good too.

Comment

wow bro really nice build
                        imsubscribed !!!!

Comment

Thoughts before day 2 workout.

Don't expect anything spectacular, I just ate an ungodly amount of food in Chinatown. It was dimsum chaos and I swear it rivaled my Tuesday and Wednesday night binges. I'm gonna have to do some cardio and go pretty low cal the next week to make up for some of the damage I caused my body this week, I swear....

Downing 32 oz of water with the GM and GG right before this workout (I'm heading to now) made me just feel ill since I'm still digesting all this food (and my last bite was almost two hours ago!). Then I need to rush to a group meeting for a final project I'm working on for a class! Oh the fun never ends.

I promise this kind of eating stops today. I'll even try to keep it under control during Thanksgiving, but there are no guarantees there. But honestly, there's no point in throwing away months of dieting with all this crazy eating....

RR- thanks for the link man!! I think I'm gonna pick some of this stuff up along with Prolab Lean Mass in the near future.
                          Last edited by XenoWang; 11-11-2006, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Day 2:
                            Like I said, I was REALLY full from my dimsum madness this afternoon. I wasn't feeling great at all for my workout- bloated, full of grease and water.... Made it very hard to drink much water at all during my short workout, though I still noticed increased thirst from the GM+GG. Back workout was nothing spectacular, though row strength seems to be returning. My real benchmark for back is deadlifts, which I hope to hit full force next week, though that may change depending on how sore my quads/hams end up being after my leg workout next week. My first leg workout after some time off is always the worst. Anyways, pull-ups felt unfortunately heavy, which sucks since I attribute much of my back width to pull ups. I think they'll come up in the following weeks though. I'm definitely not going to be working out on such a ridiculously full stomach from now on. Like I said, the eating madness stops now... I've already noticed some considerable fat gain from this week, which sucks a nut. Oh well, all the more reason to keep things ultra clean from now on. Just need to muster the willpower to keep it under control for Thanksgiving....

Another thought: It seems that in certain situations, a switch goes off in my head and I start to eat everything in front of me when I'm bulking. Ok, contest night was sort of understandable, but did I really have to subject myself to all you can eat sushi and the dim sum this afternoon? No. I think cheating (which I am usually VERY VERY good with) has its place, but should never be brought to the point of being stuffed. Not only is it terrible nutritionally, but it tends to screw with the rest of my diet as well, since I can be very bloated/stuffed for hours on end and by the time I need to eat again, it holds me back. I should make sure that next time I go out and have a cheat meal, it's at a very expensive place so I can't overeat
                            Last edited by XenoWang; 11-11-2006, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Day 3

Today and tomorrow are rest days, though I'll try to get some cardio in tomorrow. That being said, I should offer some background info for this log.

I started lifting a week before I turned 17 so that brings me a little more than 3 years lifting. I wouldn't classify myself as a bodybuilder, much less a serious one, during that first year though. I amassed a lot of knowledge in the beginning but alas, didn't truly understand a lot of the game in terms of nutrition. I dirty bulked like hell, going from a skinny-fat 125-130 to 162 in a matter of months. Then came a very long cut (4-5 months) where I reached 145. Afterwards, I seemed to hover between 155-170 depending on if I was bulking or cutting. Unfortunately, I tend to go a bit overboard on calories (even clean) while bulking so I jump in weight very quick but have to take a while to diet down and not be such a fatass... As a result, I'd say my net muscle gains over the past three years definitely could've been better if I knew what I was doing.

Just recently I did my first competition at about 140 lbs.... coming down from 175 lbs. Like all my dieting cycles, I made mistakes that prevented me from getting as lean as I could've, but it was certainly the leanest I've ever been in my entire life, so that's a plus. I don't regret the mistakes I've made though- they only help me learn what my body responds best to. I'm starting to get the feeling that while I am not overly carb sensitive, overdoing them (like around 400g a day on my last bulk.... unnecessary) is just a recipe for fat gain. At the same time, I don't think I tolerate high fat very well either. Thus, my main aim for this bulk will be to have a PCF ratio of 45/35/20 with all sources being very very clean (skinless chicken breast, whey protein, ground turkey breast, occasionally steak, all carbs from oatmeal and occasionally sweet potatoes and rice when I want something different, plenty of vegetables, natural peanut butter, olive oil, fish oil, avocados). Also, unlike previous bulks, I'll be lowering calories on non-workout days, trying to incorporate some regular cardio, and not having any high GI carbs post-workout. I used to use dextrose/maltodextrin PWO but I think my body doesn't really care either way and since keeping fat gain to a minimum is a priority during this bulk, I won't be using any high GI carbs. I aim to gain about .5 lbs a week so that I can keep this bulk going on as long as possible. There will be a short 4 week cutting cycle in February in preparation for March's spring break but afterwards it's full-on bulk season until the summer.

Now on to the stuff everybody always likes to see- supplementation:
                              Staples:
                              Whey
                              Multi-vitamin
                              Fish oil
                              Scivation Xtend (I don't plan on using too much on a hypercaloric diet, limiting to 10-20g a day)

The above will be sticking with me no matter what. In the past I've used 3 types of creatine (mono, CEE, kre-alk) and none really gave me great results. I'm hoping GM + GG will change that.

I also plan on adding Designer Supplement's Glucophase XR to the regular supplementation regimen in order to maximize glucose utilization.

After giving GM + GG a good 12 weeks or so, I plan on trying Molecular Nutrition X-Factor.

Well, that's all for now. Ta ta.

Comment

Hey Xeno!
                                Its me jth16 from abcbodybuilding.com! I saw your name on the post and I was like, well I doubt there is two... And I was right
                                Anyway, good luck with your bulk! I can't wait to see how it goes. I will be buying some controlled labs products for my next bulk, and hopefully get some free cutting supplements if they accept my application

Where are those competition pics?

Comment

Working...
                                X