Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Blue Gene / Blue Up Log

Day 1:

I started my two month Blue Gene / Blue Up (Stim) today (05/23/2009). Today is a non-workout day, but I was too excited getting the boxes this morning not to jump right in. I definitely felt a burst of energy from the Yohimbe in the Blue-Up. No other experiences yet as I'm not at the gym, nor is it enough time to log any of the "long term" effects.

Long story short, I went from 430 to 248 pounds and I've been lifting since December 08. I have had really solid noobie gains since then through just whey protein + white flood. I've been taking creatine (Green Mag), started the Green Mag about two weeks ago. I chose Blue Gene/Blue up due to users feedback and the fact that it will not give me any odd sides (I enjoy my long term health).

Current Stack:

CL Orange Triad
    CL White Flood
    CL Green Magnitude
    CL Blue Gene
    CL Blue Up

Whey Protein
    Fish Oil
    Xtend

Goal:

My goal is to up my calories to maintenance or 2-3 hundred under maintenance with 1-2 cheat meals a week. I am hoping through hard work I'll be able to add as much muscle as possible while still shedding body fat and at the end of the cycle seeing the numbers go down on the scale. I know this is a relatively hard thing to do (add muscle / lose weight). I drink close to 2 gallons of water a day, eat 5 small meals a day and I do a ton of yard work/house work for extra cardio. I am positive through my supplementation/training/diet I can achieve this goal.

I work 40 hours a week as an investigator and I'm in master level classes after work 2 days a week. Also, have a two year old. I am only able to get into the gym 4 times a week, so, I am going to make the most of it.

Monday - Biceps/Shoulders + 25 mins cardio (3 exercises for each muscle group, 4 sets at 10 reps a piece)
    Wednesday- Legs/Upper Back/Abs + 25 mins cardio (3 exercises for each muscle group, 4 sets at 10 reps a piece)
    Friday - Chest/Triceps + 25 mins cardio (3 exercises for each muscle group, 4 sets at 10 reps a piece)
    Sunday - Abs/Lower back and an hour of cardio.

During the second month I am going to start on a cycle of slim xtreme and lean xtreme. I know it's all about how hard I push myself in the gym and my diet. I am just hoping the supplementation gives me that extra 10-15 percent.

I am open to all ideas and any suggestions. There will be some days I just won't have time for cardio and I might not be able to make all the Sundays. Good thing is those days I can do exercises at my house for those muscle groups. I've never been at a normal weight...never been jacked...I figure why not start now :-).

Cheers,
    Ryan

I look forward to seeing how this goes for you, and how it compares to my experience.
    We'll see how this goes...

Comment

Day 2:

I was able to get to the gym today and do lower back/abs/cardio. This is kind of a cheese day to really post numbers and reps. Won't get into to much detail with this day.

Lower Back:

* Hyperextensions
      * Superman
      * Dumbbell Lift

Abs:

* Ab Crunch Machine
      * Barbell Side Bend (First time doing these, tougher than I thought)
      * Hanging Leg Raise

Cardio:

15 minute warm up on bike, then did the treadmill at intervals. Intervals were 3 minute jog at 7.0 mph and a 3 minute cooldown at 4.5 mph.

The cardio was pretty impressive as normally at the end I feel pretty worn down, I was able to complete the cardio relatively easy and then go move some furniture from one house to another. I took the Blue Gene an hour before heading to the gym and I took the blue up first thing in the morning. I am feeling pretty good right now and have a few hours of painting and moving things in my new house. Again, I apologize for the lack of detail on my Sundays, but...my other days will have better numbers. So far, so good. Hope everyone has a good memorial day.

Ryan
      Last edited by RyKane; 05-24-2009, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Day 3:

Not much to report on this wonderful memorial day. No gym as it was closed. Blue gene sure did help me get the protein to my mouth today...tomorrow and the day after will be bigger steps in this log. Hope everyone had a good memorial day.

Ryan

Comment

Day 4:

Took Blue Up first thing in the morning and then took Blue Gene about 75 minutes before my workout. Today was shoulders/triceps.

Workout:

* Hammers:
          Set 1 - 10x30
          Set 2 - 10x30
          Set 3 - 10x35
          Set 4 - 8x40

* Concentration Curls:

Set 1 - 10x20
          Set 2 - 10x20
          Set 3 - 10x25
          Set 4 - 8x25

* Barbell Curl
          Set 1 - 10x60
          Set 2 - 10x60
          Set 3 - 10x70
          Set 4 - 7x80 (Couldn't get to 8)

* DB Shoulder Press:

Set 1 - 10x40
          Set 2 - 10x40
          Set 3 - 10x45
          Set 4 - 8x50

* Front Shoulder Raise:
          Set 1 - 10x20
          Set 2 - 10x20
          Set 3 - 10x25
          Set 4 - 6x25 (Shoulder just couldn't handle 30 yet)

* Machine Press:
          Set 1 - 10x105
          Set 2 - 10x105
          Set 3 - 10x120
          Set 4 - 8x135

* Cardio:

Ended with 20 minutes on the treadmill, 5 minute warmup at 4 mph, 12 minute jog at 7 mph and warmdown of 3 minutes at 4 mph.

This was a super good workout for myself. Had PB's in Machine Press and Barbell Curl. Don't forget the numbers are not impressive, but I am still relatively new. My arms felt like they wanted to rip out of my skin and I was able to get some extra reps in and gut some reps out. My diet has been relatively on key, I've gone a little over calories some days and it could be cleaner...I have been way way hungrier the past week. Have maintained 190-210 grams of protein a day. Tried hoodia for the past 2 days and it didn't help with my appetite. So far, so good. I can't wait to see what the end of two months looks like.

Ryan
          Last edited by RyKane; 05-26-2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Day 5:

I felt really good today. I had a really great workout last night and I was not beyond sore, very good feeling. I felt as if I could have gone to the gym today and give it almost a 100 percent. I went for a jog near my house and felt pretty good.

Today is an off day, so, not much more to report than that. Tomorrow is legs/back.

Ryan

Comment

Day 6:

Unfortunately, life as a parent can get in the way of the gym some days. I will have to push my back/leg day to tomorrow and push my Saturday workout to later in the day. Fiancee was on call and was called in, leaving me the lone watcher of said toddler. The gym I do go to has child care, but it consists of putting the child in front of a TV with no supervision.

Still feeling really good. I plan on posting a Week 1 results tomorrow along with my Day 7 log.

Ryan

Comment

Day 7 + 8:

Sorry for putting two days into one, has been a hectic two days.

Day 7 ended up being a day dedicated to Cardio and some core exercises. Ran 5 miles and felt pretty darn good during the run and after the run. No soreness when I woke up.

Day 8:

This is the day that I really pushed it. It was Chest and Triceps in the gym and I had a buddy to workout with, normally it's by myself. We did super sets and we both wanted to push ourselves beyond where we normally are at.

Workout:

* Bench Press:

Set 1 - 12x135
                Set 2 - 12x155
                Set 3 - 10x175
                Set 4 - 6x195

* Chest Flys:

Set 1 - 10x75
                Set 2 - 10x90
                Set 3 - 10x105
                Set 4 - 8x105

* Dips:

Set 1 - 15
                Set 2 - 12
                Set 3 - 12
                Set 4 - 10 (Barely!)

* Skull Crushers:

Set 1 - 10x60
                Set 2 - 10x70
                Set 3 - 10x70
                Set 4 - 6x80

* Cable Tricep Extension:

Set 1 - 10x60
                Set 2 - 10x70
                Set 3 - 10x70
                Set 4 - 6x80

This was really a killer workout for me. I pushed myself pretty far in terms of amount of reps and weight. I felt pretty good during my workouts and I was definitely ready for the next set, I was definitely exhausted during the Dips though. Some of the weight might look low, but we stress the best form we can possibly have to avoid injury and maximize the muscles we are trying to work. No cardio at the gym, cardio was using the push mower to get the lawn done and other labor around the yard.

I am interested to see how sore I am tomorrow...so far, so good.

There is not much to report being one week in other than I have noticed a bit more endurance and my recovery has been solid. My libido has been up a little bit the past two days...no negative sides. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Ryan

Comment

You can read about my final results and what I posted on bb.com. I did have to stop taking the blue up due to the Yohimbe.

Cheers,
                  Ryan

Comment

Working...
                  X