Best Post Supp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Post Supp.

Hello All........ What Is The Best Prod To Take Post Wk Out? A Lot Of People Like Gb, Green Mag. Isnt That Too Much Creatine Post? ....still Wondering @ White Blood And Good Sleep..?... My Current Sups Are On Whey , Creatine Mono Post....multi

IMO, ideally the best post workout is a combo of whey, mid/high glycemic carb, L-glutamine and hope it taste good. Yeah high glycemic to help with glycogen stores. I use dymatize whey post drink with a sugar source of some kind rather it be dextrose or whatever I have on hand. The good thing about GM is it works great pre and I have never used it post. I think it would be overkill, JMO. Mono post if any. I have started sleeping better at night since the addition of WB. Take all info with a grain of salt and find out what works best for you. Remember, it is your body not mine so, it will all work a little different.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by RRT
      Hello All........ What Is The Best Prod To Take Post Wk Out? A Lot Of People Like Gb, Green Mag. Isnt That Too Much Creatine Post? ....still Wondering @ White Blood And Good Sleep..?... My Current Sups Are On Whey , Creatine Mono Post....multi
      you dont need a full dose of both unless you are 250 or more pounds. you can go with a half dose of each or a full dose of either one.
      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
      Purple Psyko
      Gold Feast
      Blue Gene
      Blue Growth
      REDuction AM/PM Shots
      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
      Orange TRIad
      White Flood (5 Flavors)
      Black Hole
      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
      Green Bulge
      White Blood 2
      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
      Blue Up
      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Thanx All For Input...

Comment

Too many caps, it makes it hard to read. As long as you arent taking in more than like 6-8g a day, you should be fine, but I like 2.5g creatine before and 2.5g after, I got good results from it.
          "Usually when people think they are holding a lot of water, they are just holding a lot of fat." -Mr. Aries

Yellow Neuphoria! (Complete)
          http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post13021541
          -or-
          http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...ead.php?t=1780

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
            IMO, ideally the best post workout is a combo of whey, mid/high glycemic carb, L-glutamine and hope it taste good. Yeah high glycemic to help with glycogen stores. I use dymatize whey post drink with a sugar source of some kind rather it be dextrose or whatever I have on hand. The good thing about GM is it works great pre and I have never used it post. I think it would be overkill, JMO. Mono post if any. I have started sleeping better at night since the addition of WB. Take all info with a grain of salt and find out what works best for you. Remember, it is your body not mine so, it will all work a little different.
            Great advice! A protein blend (Casein+whey) and maltodextrin along with EAA's shortly after!

Comment

RR, I'm interested in knowing why you'd have casein post-workout. Shouldn't a whole meal shortly after your PWO shake suffice?

Comment

Originally posted by XenoWang
                RR, I'm interested in knowing why you'd have casein post-workout. Shouldn't a whole meal shortly after your PWO shake suffice?
                Personally, I prefer a blend post-workout. This assures me that after the 20 minutes it takes for whey to digest and feed your muscles, there will be a slow feeding afterwards of casein. That's why I like a blend of both for post-workout. Research shows that when you consume casein, you will reach a peak in blood amino acids and protein synthesis between three to four hours. It also has a powerful effect at preventing muscle breakdown. So, after the whey is done feeding your muscles, the casein will be able to sustain amino levels and help with recovery for up to 7 hours after, the most important time for muscle recovery is 7-12 hours after initial breakdown.

Tabatha Elliott, PhD, researcher for the study comparing casein and whey for the University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), explains: "Whey and casein proteins are made up of varying amounts of the same amino acids," she says. "Our research shows there's no clear difference in the overall amount of muscle protein synthesis between the whey and casein proteins."

Elliott explains that casein may be just as good as whey for pre- or post-workout protein supplementation. "This could mean more protein supplement options available for bodybuilders," she notes.

Comment

Right, the problem here is that casein will slow whey absorption a bit (whether it's significant or not I'm not sure). And yes, I'm aware of the benefits of casein, but like I said before, shouldn't a whole food meal soon after your shake suffice to keep amino acid levels high? You should be eating every 2-3 hours anyways (like all good bodybuilders ) so I'd imagine sustained amino levels shouldn't be an issue.

But hey, whatever works for you, right? I used to be a little dogmatic in terms of post-workout nutrition or whatnot but since then have decided that at the end of the day, splitting hairs isn't necessary. But I don't think the whey/casein thing is a small issue for PWO. Thoughts?

Comment

I Was Thinking Of Adding Some Muscle Milk Post This Is A Casin.. It Will Help W/ Sustained Protein Delivery While Asleep.... Also Im Having Trouble Getting In Enough Calories So I Thought This Might Help..

Comment

Why are you having trouble getting enough calories? How much is "enough" for you and how is your daily diet routine looking?

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                        Great advice! A protein blend (Casein+whey) and maltodextrin along with EAA's shortly after!
                        I would keep the Free Form EAA's pre / during... and I don't think malto is necessary at all.... but opinions and results will vary (along with budgets). I am a big fan of the classic milk + whey combo when bulking, including post-workout.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                          I would keep the Free Form EAA's pre / during... and I don't think malto is necessary at all.... but opinions and results will vary (along with budgets). I am a big fan of the classic milk + whey combo when bulking, including post-workout.
                          Tastes better and cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                            double ditto . . . and adding some oats to that is also good
                            Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Xeno....hello.... Ok Im 41 6ft 1 194, Have Lost 20 Lbs. Dont Want To Loose More Just Some Belly Fat. Looking To Gain Serious Muscle Mass(hope I Can At My Age).. I Work 12 Hr Shifts In Icu(hospital)..my Diet Is Clean, But I Feel Im Not Eating Enough... Have Been Working Out Hard At Nite After Wk For @5 Months Basic Exercises, But I Feel I Should Now Be Gaining Muscle Wt. To Date 0 Wt Increase..still At 194. Current Sups Are On Whey ( I Drink @ 2-3 Shakes Pr Day) Creatine Mono, ( Prob Going To Start Green Mag/wb When Finished). Post Wk Out I Usually Eat Some Carbs, Cottage Cheese, On Shake, Etc Something Like That..... Also Poss. Think Im Falling Short On Protein Intake...1 To 1 Ratio... Thats Why I Thought @ Muscle Milk Before Bed...for Protein And Recovery......suggestions ?

Comment

Working...
                              X