Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fame Girl Reviews Controlled Labs Golden Gains

FAME GIRL REVIEWS GOLDEN GAINS BY CONTROLLED LABS

Packaging: 9/10 Simple, stylish, yet attention grabbing. No bogus label claims.

Smell: 9/10 You know what it smells like? Dried fruit, and it has a golden color (hence the name) that I've never seen in a protein powder. Upon first glance, I'm excited, yet, I don't know what to expect! Smells like a fruit blend, for sure.

Mixability: 7.5/10 It doesn't mix as flawlessly as some others, but I think this is due to the carb complex. It was a little gritty toward the bottom, but if you follow the ratio- 1 scoop to 12oz of cold water, you will be okay. Any less, and you might not get it to mix well. I'm not surprised with this consistency being all the different fruit and veggie powders + the oat flour in here. I don't mind it at all, but I could see why some people might.

Profile: 10/10 I think this profile is awesome! With a perfect 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein, it's a great post-workout choice. I like that there are some many great fruits and veggies, even some of the super fruits! I've never seen a complex like it! It even has some flaxseed oil powder and sunflower oil powder too for your healthy fats. Definitely a unique blend. 310mg of calcium, and anyone who has even taken a bio course knows how important calcium is for muscle function.

Taste: 8.5/10 WOW definitely unique, unlike any other powder I've had before. It's definitely fruity, and I can taste the apple. My initial reaction was, "well, it's fruity, but I don't taste the 'pie' part of it". Then I was able to distinguish the taste of the oat flour, which did taste very much like a soft pie crust. Now, it didn't taste exactly like a blended up piece of apple pie, but I have never blended a piece of apple pie! I can absolutely see why it had this name. Also, it's not the absolute best tasting protein I have ever had, but it's uniqueness and profile alone give me the feeling this will grow on me even more. It's so different than any other protein or recovery supplement I have had in the past, that it almost deserves a category of it's own, I can't really compare it to anything!

Overall: 9/10 I definitely want to add this to my mix. I love the carb/protein ration and I love love love that there are lots of fruits and veggies in here. Oat flour was a good choice too, as opposed to purely waxy maize or tons of useless stuff. Unique definitely, and it's a drastic change from other flavors but I love it!

*Initially posted on bb.com forums, but thought it should be here too!*

i agree with your review, but iwould put taste lower. hopefully it grows on me, since i got a free tub + bought 6 more..lol

Comment

Still waiting on my tub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes crying.
      Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Score !!

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
          i agree with your review, but iwould put taste lower. hopefully it grows on me, since i got a free tub + bought 6 more..lol
          I like it even more now, I can see this flavor growing on me!

Comment

Working...
          X