Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden GAINS™ FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most meatheads over due protein servings and realistically piss most of it out... I don't even use full servings of golden finish but still get stellar results.. saves greenbacks too

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
      most meatheads over due protein servings and realistically piss most of it out... I don't even use full servings of golden finish but still get stellar results.. saves greenbacks too
      diggin the new webby!
      A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by mblehm View Post
        Seems great, but protein content seems real low, and servings per price ratio seems small too.

At my weight, and size I usually try to get the products with the highest amount of protein/serving ratio.

Seems like a great product, but I just don't think I can use it.
        My thoughts exactly including protein content. I was expecting the price per servings cheaper too for a CL product. Sadly, many people are going to judge the product based solely on the grams of protein. I still ordered 3 tubs to give it a try.

On the plus, I am liking the Fruits and Veggie complex and oats among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyh View Post
          On the plus, I am liking the Fruits and Veggie complex and oats among other things.
          Yea the focus is on quality for sure... we wouldn't settle for anything average / anything less.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyh View Post
            My thoughts exactly including protein content. I was expecting the price per servings cheaper too for a CL product. Sadly, many people are going to judge the product based solely on the grams of protein. I still ordered 3 tubs to give it a try.

yeah, this is not a "protein" supplement. its a meal supplement. also the protein sources used are top notch and very expensive.
            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
            Purple Psyko
            Gold Feast
            Blue Gene
            Blue Growth
            REDuction AM/PM Shots
            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
            Orange TRIad
            White Flood (5 Flavors)
            Black Hole
            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
            Green Bulge
            White Blood 2
            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
            Blue Up
            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

i like the acai berry in it; ive been using acai caps past few weeks, and they're cool i guess... lots of hype on the berry lately, and it apparantly is the bomb in terms of antioxidants.. so thats neat

Comment

Originally posted by mblehm View Post
                Seems great, but protein content seems real low, and servings per price ratio seems small too.

At my weight, and size I usually try to get the products with the highest amount of protein/serving ratio.

Seems like a great product, but I just don't think I can use it.
                Felt the same way when I switched from 50 grams of ON Whey PWO to 20 grams of GF PWO. Still have received better results off GF while making sure I eat a whole meal within an hour after the shake. I would give GGS a try and forget about the megadosing on protein. I have found that ON just gave me GI distress while GF didn't. I always wondered how much protein I actually absorbed while taking the 50 grams.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher a View Post
                  . I always wondered how much protein I actually absorbed while taking the 50 grams.

im sure you could figure out while using some crazy mathematical equation and fancy scientific research equipment that costs thousands/millions..

... it's easier for a company to tell you to overdose a product so you piss out most of it and buy more of it as you rapidly waste it. it's actually a very ingenius marketing move IMO

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                    i like the acai berry in it; ive been using acai caps past few weeks, and they're cool i guess... lots of hype on the berry lately, and it apparantly is the bomb in terms of antioxidants.. so thats neat
                    absolutely, packed full of anti oxidants
                    Originally posted by christopher a View Post
                    Felt the same way when I switched from 50 grams of ON Whey PWO to 20 grams of GF PWO. Still have received better results off GF while making sure I eat a whole meal within an hour after the shake. I would give GGS a try and forget about the megadosing on protein. I have found that ON just gave me GI distress while GF didn't. I always wondered how much protein I actually absorbed while taking the 50 grams.
                    absolutely

Out Now:
                    Purple Psyko
                    Gold Feast
                    Blue Gene
                    Blue Growth
                    REDuction AM/PM Shots
                    Orange TRIad
                    White Flood (5 Flavors)
                    Black Hole
                    Green Bulge
                    White Blood 2
                    Blue Up
                    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Comment

How good is the taste? I guess that might be hard to answer...
                      diblasidr on bb.com

Comment

Originally posted by poopies View Post
                        Hopefully should know shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by poopies View Post
                          I'm confident you'll like it

Comment

Originally posted by FameGirl
                            FAME GIRL REVIEWS GOLDEN GAINS BY CONTROLLED LABS

Packaging: 9/10 Simple, stylish, yet attention grabbing. No bogus label claims.

Smell: 9/10 You know what it smells like? Dried fruit, and it has a golden color (hence the name) that I've never seen in a protein powder. Upon first glance, I'm excited, yet, I don't know what to expect! Smells like a fruit blend, for sure.

Mixability: 7.5/10 It doesn't mix as flawlessly as some others, but I think this is due to the carb complex. It was a little gritty toward the bottom, but if you follow the ratio- 1 scoop to 12oz of cold water, you will be okay. Any less, and you might not get it to mix well. I'm not surprised with this consistency being all the different fruit and veggie powders + the oat flour in here. I don't mind it at all, but I could see why some people might.

Profile: 10/10 I think this profile is awesome! With a perfect 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein, it's a great post-workout choice. I like that there are some many great fruits and veggies, even some of the super fruits! I've never seen a complex like it! It even has some flaxseed oil powder and sunflower oil powder too for your healthy fats. Definitely a unique blend. 310mg of calcium, and anyone who has even taken a bio course knows how important calcium is for muscle function.

Taste: 8.5/10 WOW definitely unique, unlike any other powder I've had before. It's definitely fruity, and I can taste the apple. My initial reaction was, "well, it's fruity, but I don't taste the 'pie' part of it". Then I was able to distinguish the taste of the oat flour, which did taste very much like a soft pie crust. Now, it didn't taste exactly like a blended up piece of apple pie, but I have never blended a piece of apple pie! I can absolutely see why it had this name. Also, it's not the absolute best tasting protein I have ever had, but it's uniqueness and profile alone give me the feeling this will grow on me even more. It's so different than any other protein or recovery supplement I have had in the past, that it almost deserves a category of it's own, I can't really compare it to anything!

Overall: 9/10 I definitely want to add this to my mix. I love the carb/protein ration and I love love love that there are lots of fruits and veggies in here. Oat flour was a good choice too, as opposed to purely waxy maize or tons of useless stuff. Unique definitely, and it's a drastic change from other flavors but I love it!

I'd like to thank everyone at Controlled Labs for consistently producing no BS products that live up to their claims. I would also like to thanks CL for including me in this phenomenal experience and trusting my reputation enough to include me. I hope I have met your expectations as far as feedback goes thus far. Great job on another quality product. You guys are really making your way up the ranks in the sports nutrition industry and it's for good reason.

Comment

solid review

Out Now:
                              Purple Psyko
                              Gold Feast
                              Blue Gene
                              Blue Growth
                              REDuction AM/PM Shots
                              Orange TRIad
                              White Flood (5 Flavors)
                              Black Hole
                              Green Bulge
                              White Blood 2
                              Blue Up
                              Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                              CLAmore (Elements Line)

Comment

am I supposded to log/review the free tub i got from bb.com thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X