Weight Gainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Gainers

Sup guys. Haven't bought a weight gainer in about 7 months (Cytogainer) and was thinking of going for another run of one, probably N Large II.

I'm just mainly concerned about the amount of fat I'll be gaining from taking N Large. I know some degree of fat gain is expected, but I'm just worried I'll gain too much fat. N Large is more of an option then buying straight chicken, steaks, ect for calories for the sheer economic value of N Large II.

Now my main question is this. If I go through a cycle of N Large II, I'm getting an extra 600 cals while on it. Once I get off I'm short those 600 cals. Am I going to drop back down again in weight since I'm going to be missing those extra 600 a day?

One more question concerning the fat gain. Throwing in extra cardio to burn the fat off will just act negatively to my weight gain since I'd be burning off more calories correct? And lastly, would the use of something such a L-Carnitine to help strip off some of the fat act negatively to the lean weight gain? I know the body isn't very effective at building mass and burning fat simultaneously, I'm just worried about the extra unlean pounds that might build up. Any input or suggestions would be great. Thanks alot guys.

50lb bag of steel cut oats + 10lb bag of whey powder = best weight gainer

Comment

That's one big ass bag of oats lol

Comment

yeah, it's a beautiful thing!

Comment

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/steelcutoats50lb.aspx

http://www.bobsredmill.com/search.ph...=search&page=1

(second sells by 25lb bags)

Comment

Has anyone tried up your mass by MHP?

Comment

Originally posted by bigal1129 View Post
              Has anyone tried up your mass by MHP?
              I've only tried Cytogainer & the one by BSN once. Just make sure the fat & Sugar content is LOW.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCosby View Post
                Sup guys. Haven't bought a weight gainer in about 7 months (Cytogainer) and was thinking of going for another run of one, probably N Large II.

I'm just mainly concerned about the amount of fat I'll be gaining from taking N Large. I know some degree of fat gain is expected, but I'm just worried I'll gain too much fat. N Large is more of an option then buying straight chicken, steaks, ect for calories for the sheer economic value of N Large II.

Now my main question is this. If I go through a cycle of N Large II, I'm getting an extra 600 cals while on it. Once I get off I'm short those 600 cals. Am I going to drop back down again in weight since I'm going to be missing those extra 600 a day?

One more question concerning the fat gain. Throwing in extra cardio to burn the fat off will just act negatively to my weight gain since I'd be burning off more calories correct? And lastly, would the use of something such a L-Carnitine to help strip off some of the fat act negatively to the lean weight gain? I know the body isn't very effective at building mass and burning fat simultaneously, I'm just worried about the extra unlean pounds that might build up. Any input or suggestions would be great. Thanks alot guys.
                I personally think weight gainers are waste of money. I have all my clients get their calories from more 'home made' items. A homemade easy weight gainer you can make -

-2 tablespoon peanut butter (~200 calories)
                -8 ounces milk (~150 cal)
                -1 or 2 scoops protein (100-200 cals)
                -ice

mix in blender, and you have a ~500 cal shake right there that taste a lot better than whats out there and only takes about 30 seconds to make. If you want more cals you can add in an oil like enova oil, its a 'healthy' fat, and is essentially tasteless mixed with protein, adds 120 cals per tablespoon. You could add more peanut butter, add in some oats / oat flour, and you have a cheaper, better tasting shake than a premade weight gainer, though I hear Gaspari Nutrition's Real Mass taste pretty good.

In my experience, people gain excessive fat with excessive carbohydrate intake rather than excessive fat or protein intake. A good bulking split of macro's I recommend is 35/35/30, focusing on healthy fats such as from nuts, avacado, enova oil, olive oil, fish, etc.

Yes your weight will drop if you cut out the weight gainer - you drop calories below maintainance, you lose weight.

If you are bulking, I recommend no cardio at all. If you opt to do it, make sure its more sprinting / high intensity type cardio to work those type II fibers.
                Last edited by Trans_Isomer; 06-14-2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trans_Isomer View Post
                  I personally think weight gainers are waste of money. I have all my clients get their calories from more 'home made' items. A homemade easy weight gainer you can make -

-2 tablespoon peanut butter (~200 calories)
                  -8 ounces milk (~150 cal)
                  -1 or 2 scoops protein (100-200 cals)
                  -ice

mix in blender, and you have a ~500 cal shake right there that taste a lot better than whats out there and only takes about 30 seconds to make. If you want more cals you can add in an oil like enova oil, its a 'healthy' fat, and is essentially tasteless mixed with protein, adds 120 cals per tablespoon. You could add more peanut butter, add in some oats / oat flour, and you have a cheaper, better tasting shake than a premade weight gainer, though I hear Gaspari Nutrition's Real Mass taste pretty good.

In my experience, people gain excessive fat with excessive carbohydrate intake rather than excessive fat or protein intake. A good bulking split of macro's I recommend is 35/35/30, focusing on healthy fats such as from nuts, avacado, enova oil, olive oil, fish, etc.

Yes your weight will drop if you cut out the weight gainer - you drop calories below maintainance, you lose weight.

If you are bulking, I recommend no cardio at all. If you opt to do it, make sure its more sprinting / high intensity type cardio to work those type II fibers.
                  This is how i pretty much do it these days. With some added oats. Cant beat it. Although i do wanna buy a tub of golden gains... i went through my samples FAST! lol

Comment

Working...
                  X