Green Bulge - side effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Bulge - side effect?

I bought 3 bottles on wheycheap the other day and started taking the recommened dose on Monday. During my first chest workout - I experienced an extreme headache starting from the back of my head. Same thing happened yesterday during my arm workout. It also happend again when I was getting um busy with the wife...terrible feeling and lasts for about 5minutes.

anyone else experience this? I am drinking about a gallon of water a day and that is the only change my supplements this week.

Originally posted by AGS625 View Post
    I bought 3 bottles on wheycheap the other day and started taking the recommened dose on Monday. During my first chest workout - I experienced an extreme headache starting from the back of my head. Same thing happened yesterday during my arm workout. It also happend again when I was getting um busy with the wife...terrible feeling and lasts for about 5minutes.

anyone else experience this? I am drinking about a gallon of water a day and that is the only change my supplements this week.
    I seriously doubt that it's related to supplements, sounds training related. If it is supplement related, it could be due to a stimulant product... or energy drink.

However, since it sounds pretty severe I have no choice but to tell you to discontinue the supplement / clear it with your doc.
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 04-01-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

That sounds like more of a tension headache. Could you have stressed your upper neck on a chest exercise - this is very possible... I wouldn't think headaches would really happen with straight creatine unless you were really dehydrated at the same time. I would try it on an off day with a lot of water to see how you respond.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
        I seriously doubt that it's related to supplements, sounds training related. If it is supplement related, it could be due to a stimulant product... or energy drink.

However, since it sounds pretty severe I have no choice but to tell you to discontinue the supplement / clear it with your doc.
        Thanks...today is my off day and took the GB again but haven't done anything to exsert myself and no pain. So yes I possibly could have done something while lifting...which would stink.
        Last edited by AGS625; 04-01-2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

That exact same thing happened to me a few years back when I was benching...It happens sometimes when you strain your neck too much unfortunately...It was my first time taking a preworkout NO supp and I pushed way too hard, but it def wasnt the GB that caused it...I was stubborn and tried training through it, but the slightest lifting would bring the pain right back...Taking a few weeks off was the only thing that made it go away...Brutal I know..

Comment

Hope you figure it out, man. Let us know how it goes.

If you got any other questions, feel free to ask

Comment

Weightlifter's cephalgia?

I recently had similar symptoms after doing 60 sets of squats 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately for over a week anytime I exerted it returned. And yes, it does occur during sex apparently.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/k332jqg2631g552v/
              kane@controlledlabs.com
              Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
              Looks for the ads, coming soon!
              www.controlledlabs.com
              www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf View Post

I recently had similar symptoms after doing 60 sets of squats 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately for over a week anytime I exerted it returned. And yes, it does occur during sex apparently.

How many reps per set?! lol

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                  How many reps per set?! lol
                  I did the 60 sets in 60 min. So was just doing reps of 5 with just 1 plate aside.
                  Did reps of 5 for the first 50 sets. And then figured I had it in me to do more so started doing 6's then 8's. finally did 10 and then 30 on the very last set. That's when the headache came.
                  kane@controlledlabs.com
                  www.controlledlabs.com

Comment

good find
                    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                    Purple Psyko
                    Gold Feast
                    Blue Gene
                    Blue Growth
                    REDuction AM/PM Shots
                    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                    Orange TRIad
                    White Flood (5 Flavors)
                    Black Hole
                    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                    Green Bulge
                    White Blood 2
                    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                    Blue Up
                    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Who woulda thought one bulge would effect another Bulge..

Comment

I did the 60 sets in 60 min. So was just doing reps of 5 with just 1 plate aside.
                        Did reps of 5 for the first 50 sets. And then figured I had it in me to do more so started doing 6's then 8's. finally did 10 and then 30 on the very last set. That's when the headache came.
                        thats intense... crazy pumps I bet!

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                          thats intense... crazy pumps I bet!
                          Yep. I usually take a nap in the afternoon but find it difficult after these workouts. Legs aren't sore but feel uncomfortably pumped?
                          Did it again yesterday. Did 350 total reps but this time cut the time by almost 20 min.
                          kane@controlledlabs.com
                          www.controlledlabs.com

Comment

Yep. I usually take a nap in the afternoon but find it difficult after these workouts. Legs aren't sore but feel uncomfortably pumped?
                            Did it again yesterday. Did 350 total reps but this time cut the time by almost 20 min.
                            that should be a new method of lifting called "max hypertrophy"....

or it more than likely may be endurance not hypertrophy (?)

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
                              Who woulda thought one bulge would effect another Bulge..
                              white blood does that fo me
                              REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                              Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                              Purple Psyko
                              Gold Feast
                              Blue Gene
                              Blue Growth
                              REDuction AM/PM Shots
                              REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                              Orange TRIad
                              White Flood (5 Flavors)