My HST + Blue Gene Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My HST + Blue Gene Log

First, a little bit of info. I'll try to keep everything short since I know some people out there (myself included) don't like to read novel long posts.

-Previous Lifting Experience
    Sept 08 at a skinny weight of 115 was when I first started lifting. With less then a year of lifting I still consider myself to be a total newb. From Sept-Dec 08 I did Rippe's SS with a dirty bulk basically eating everything in sight. I managed to get all the way to 140 but as expected with a good amount of fat gains. After SS I did my first Hypertrophy-specific training cycle which went horribly bad. I got sick many times throughout the cycle and did some stupid things on my end as well (trying to keto bulk and going to early morning workouts with not enough to eat). I ended up going down to my current weight of 125.

-Current Plans and Goals
    Now after taking 2 weeks off I'm going to be seriously bulking to at least 140. Again I'll be doing HST but this time my diet and supplement regimen are going to be in check. Obviously I don't expect to get to 140 in 2 months but one HST cycle fits perfectly into 2 months of using blue gene so I figured a log would be a good idea.

-HST Workout and moderate cardio
    M,W,F alternating A/B 1x15, 2x10, 3x5
    Workout A
    Squat
    Bench
    Chins
    Press
    Cleans (5x3 progressing each workout SS stye)
    Workout B
    Front Squat
    Incline Bench
    Rows
    Dips
    Deads

-Diet
    2250-2500 Cals
    Aiming for 40/40/20

-Supplements
    Fish Oil
    Orange Triad
    Trueprotein blend of whey protein concentrate + 4.5 grams of creatine mono for post workout. I'll also be adding in some Gatorade powder. (I have tried GreenMag before and liked it but mono fits into my budget better)
    Trueprotein Milk Protein Isolate for before bed.
    Blue Gene

-Current Stats
    Height: 5'3" it sucks being short.
    Weight: 120-125
    Here are some pics of my skinny self

First workout starts today. Any comments, questions, or criticism positive and negative is welcome. I will up date later today.

Welcome to CL. Looking forward to following along.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Just got done with my workout and it went fantastic. 5 tabs a hour before like directed and it feels really good to be back in the "gym" (I workout at home).

I feel like it's way to early to be judging Blue Gene so take the next comments with a grain of salt. I will say that my energy level was way up and strangely enough I felt like I got more and better pumps then usual. Keep in mind I'm not using any preworkout stims/NO or intra workout products. I also got a tingling sensation on some parts of my body which I wasn't expecting since Blue Gene doesn't contain beta alanine. Again all of this could be placebo. I'm going to give it atleast a good week to really judge Blue Gene. Next update Wednesday.

Comment

A quick update from my workout yesterday. I took Blue Gene around 5:30 but some stuff came up and I wasn't able to workout till 9:30. Even with the long delay everything went well.

Energy/Focus - 7
        Pumps - 7 I'm still surprised that I'm getting better than usual pumps with just Blue Gene.
        DOMS - 1 practically none

Next update on Friday.

Comment

Another good workout today. I decided to workout in the morning since I've got a lot of things going on later today.

-Energy/Focus - 7. I'm loving the non-stim energy of Blue Gene.
          -Pumps - 6. Not as great as last time but still better than usual.
          -DOMS - 3. Had a little bit today but I'll see how fast I recovery this weekend. Usually if I'm sore it takes a full 24 hours to subside so how I feel tomorrow morning will be a good test.
          -Strength - 8. I did 1x15 90lb squat today which is 5lbs less than my 1x15 max from my last hst cycle and it was EASY. I truly believe I can contribute the strength increase to a combination of good diet, the basic supplements, and Blue Gene to top it all off.

So far so good. I'll get one the scale at the end of next week to see where I am weight wise. Thanks to anyone taking a look.

Comment

Had a great workout yesterday. I'll be honest I was very very very skeptical about Blue Gene but I can't say anything bad about it. I bought it for the non stim energy and increased recovery. If it did those 2 things I would've been happy but I'm pleasently surprised that it's lived up to all the claims I've read.

I blasted my calves yesterday and there is hardly any soreness. The libido increase also hit me which my gf can attest to. I've had nagging shoulder pain but Blue Gene stacked with OT has made a significant pain decrease. I'm glad I'll be running a full 2 month cycle.

Comment

GL Man. I love BG. I'll never workout without it. BG has given me even more thick full muscle. I've had many ask me "what are you taking"?. Keep up the hard work!
              Last edited by conda; 04-07-2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the support Anaconda. I've noticed looking "fuller" too. I thought it might have been a combination of creatine water retention and placebo but it must be the BG.

Next update coming tomorrow.

Comment

Another good workout today.
                  -Energy/Focus - 10 I can't say enough about this. I would buy BG again just for the energy.
                  -Pumps - 8 Quads and calves had awesome pumps today.
                  -DOMS - 2 I had a little today and yesterday but less than usual.

I'll be glad to be finished with 1x15s on Friday. 15 rep squats and deadlifts are killer.
                  Here is a screen shot of my workout incase anyone is interested.

Comment

Nice work man. Just wait till your second bottle of BG... wooohoo!

Comment

Thanks again Anaconda. Yea it's only been 2 weeks and I feel I'm making pretty good progress. I got on the scale this morning with nothing in me and weighed in at 122 some of which is probably water weight from the creatine. Nothing crazy but progress is progress.

Just finished my last 1x15 workout. I'm soo glad to not have to do 15rep deadlifts anymore. I front squat and incline bench were hard when I first figured out my maxes and today I had no problems. Good diet + good supplements + good/consistent training = progress.

Comment

It's all about progress . You are on the right track! Hard Work = Results.

Comment

This should be awesome !

Comment

Update from the weekend and yesterdays workout.

My diet went down the tubes because of Easter weekend but you've got to live a little and I'm right back on track.

-Energy/Focus - 10 I'm surprised it hasn't tappered off at all since I've started using BG.
                            -Pumps - 9 I had bicep pumps from just doing chins.
                            -DOMS - 0 Woke up this morning with NONE.
                            I asked my gf if I looked any different last night and she replyed "You look more fit" so I must be doing something right I'm going to try to get some updated pictures by the end of this week.

Comment

A decent workout today. I started working out a little later than I wanted to (about 2 hours after taking BG) so it might have had an effect.

Front squat was a little harder than I was expecting but everything else was fine. I had some DOMS today but nothing out of the ordinary. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X