Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My HST + Blue Gene Log

I'm feeling really burnt out today. Kinda like on a physical and mental plateau. Today's workout didn't go well at all. I got more sleep and upped calories but it hasn't helped. I've got one more week to go and instead of trying to keep adding weight I'm going to stay where I'm at and do Max-Stim.

Take a few days off to recoup.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

So, I've got a question for you - how long into taking BG did you notice changes that you think were due to that rather than your routine? I'm curious, as I'm starting my third week of BG now and would be interested in being able to compare. By the way, good job on your gains, and don't worry about the plateau - take a break to get your head back in the game and go for it!
    We'll see how this goes...

I ran a 5k this weekend for an alzheimers fund raiser. I know I should've taken a break but it was for a good cause and it ended up being a lot of fun. This is my last workout week then I'm taking a week or so off. I'll be doing some moderate cardio while finishing up the 2 months of BG.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBrass01 View Post
    So, I've got a question for you - how long into taking BG did you notice changes that you think were due to that rather than your routine? I'm curious, as I'm starting my third week of BG now and would be interested in being able to compare. By the way, good job on your gains, and don't worry about the plateau - take a break to get your head back in the game and go for it!
    I had noticable effects after about 1-3 weeks. The energy and pumps is kinda hit or miss. One workout will be great and the next not so much. On the other hand I can't say enough about reduced DOMS. I've had workouts where I thought the next day I'd be in serious pain but I woke up with hardly any.

On physical body composition I looked and felt fuller after the same 1-3 weeks but it could all be placebo. Also you're doing great in your log, keep it up.

Workout update coming later today and picture updates coming Friday.

Great workout today. I'm feeling much better than last week. Instead of taking BG a hour preworkout I took it right before and I actually think the effects are better. I've got some very good pumps going on as I type this. For anyone out there using BG, experiment with timing and see if you see different results.

Even after the hilly 5k yesterday I had little DOMS BG is worth the money just for the recovery.

Thanks for your direct answer, and I agree about recovery - awesome - the only thing that stays sore sometimes is legs, but only sometimes.

Feeling pretty good today. I took BG right before my workout today instead of a hour and I think the effects hit me much better again. I should've tried this about a month ago lol. Final update this Friday

FINAL UPDATE

Today was my last workout for this HST cycle. Everything went fantastic and I'm looking forward to taking a week off.

Almost 2 month recap
    -Strength - PRs in squat, bench, incline bench, cleans, and deads.
    -Weight gain - weighed in at 127.5 which is about a 7 lb gain. Some fat gains but it comes with the territory.
    Blue Gene recap
    -Energy/focus - 8/10 It was a little hit or miss. Some days were great and others were so so. I will say that it was a nice steady increase in energy. It felt "clean" and controlled with no crash.
    -DOMS - 10/10 This is where BG really shines. I had very little DOMS through the 2 month periods. Recovery was fantastic while on BG.
    -Libido - 7/10 I hit a peak after a few weeks in then it tapered off back into normal levels.

Picture Progress

The top picture was where I started and the bottom one was taken today preworkout. No post workout pumps and I tired to keep the lighting the same. I can see a small difference but I know getting big is a marathon not a sprint. I've had a little fat gain as you can see but it comes with the territory plus I wasn't on top of my cardio.

Keep in mind that this was not a sponsored log. I paid for both bottles of Blue Gene with my own money and there was absolutely no incentive for posting this log. Thanks you to anyone that followed along and for the support. Also thanks to Controlled Labs for making a quality product.

Nice log man! and decent gains in 2 months time. How did you like the HST program you ran. I've experimented with a handful of programs over the last few months and I'm kind of thinking about HST myself.

Great job, bud! Thanks for the log!

Quote Originally Posted by ericpad View Post
    Nice log man! and decent gains in 2 months time. How did you like the HST program you ran. I've experimented with a handful of programs over the last few months and I'm kind of thinking about HST myself.
    I really like HST and plan on running another cycle shortly. Using sub-max weights is something you have to get used to but if you truly believe in the principals of HST it won't bother you. I also found that using 2 workouts (A and B) helps to keep the weight feeling heavy "enough".

Nice log bro. Keep up the hard work!

I know I completed this log but here is just a FYI for other BG users.

A couple of weeks ago I took a week off. During that time I took a break from all supplements. When I started back up again this week I still had a few servings of BG left so I figured why not use them. All I have to say is WOW the energy and pumps came back in full force. My advice for anyone running 2 months of BG is take a short break in the middle and start up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterfrankiej View Post
    I know I completed this log but here is just a FYI for other BG users.

A couple of weeks ago I took a week off. During that time I took a break from all supplements. When I started back up again this week I still had a few servings of BG left so I figured why not use them. All I have to say is WOW the energy and pumps came back in full force. My advice for anyone running 2 months of BG is take a short break in the middle and start up again.
    I take a week off after 2 bottles. Works great for me.

Thread Information