No announcement yet.

My HST + Blue Gene Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your direct answer, and I agree about recovery - awesome - the only thing that stays sore sometimes is legs, but only sometimes.
    We'll see how this goes...

Comment

Feeling pretty good today. I took BG right before my workout today instead of a hour and I think the effects hit me much better again. I should've tried this about a month ago lol. Final update this Friday

Comment

FINAL UPDATE

Today was my last workout for this HST cycle. Everything went fantastic and I'm looking forward to taking a week off.

Almost 2 month recap
        -Strength - PRs in squat, bench, incline bench, cleans, and deads.
        -Weight gain - weighed in at 127.5 which is about a 7 lb gain. Some fat gains but it comes with the territory.
        Blue Gene recap
        -Energy/focus - 8/10 It was a little hit or miss. Some days were great and others were so so. I will say that it was a nice steady increase in energy. It felt "clean" and controlled with no crash.
        -DOMS - 10/10 This is where BG really shines. I had very little DOMS through the 2 month periods. Recovery was fantastic while on BG.
        -Libido - 7/10 I hit a peak after a few weeks in then it tapered off back into normal levels.

Picture Progress

The top picture was where I started and the bottom one was taken today preworkout. No post workout pumps and I tired to keep the lighting the same. I can see a small difference but I know getting big is a marathon not a sprint. I've had a little fat gain as you can see but it comes with the territory plus I wasn't on top of my cardio.

Keep in mind that this was not a sponsored log. I paid for both bottles of Blue Gene with my own money and there was absolutely no incentive for posting this log. Thanks you to anyone that followed along and for the support. Also thanks to Controlled Labs for making a quality product.

Comment

Nice log man! and decent gains in 2 months time. How did you like the HST program you ran. I've experimented with a handful of programs over the last few months and I'm kind of thinking about HST myself.

Comment

Great job, bud! Thanks for the log!
            We'll see how this goes...

Comment

Originally posted by ericpad View Post
              Nice log man! and decent gains in 2 months time. How did you like the HST program you ran. I've experimented with a handful of programs over the last few months and I'm kind of thinking about HST myself.
              I really like HST and plan on running another cycle shortly. Using sub-max weights is something you have to get used to but if you truly believe in the principals of HST it won't bother you. I also found that using 2 workouts (A and B) helps to keep the weight feeling heavy "enough".

Comment

Nice log bro. Keep up the hard work!

Comment

I know I completed this log but here is just a FYI for other BG users.

A couple of weeks ago I took a week off. During that time I took a break from all supplements. When I started back up again this week I still had a few servings of BG left so I figured why not use them. All I have to say is WOW the energy and pumps came back in full force. My advice for anyone running 2 months of BG is take a short break in the middle and start up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterfrankiej View Post
                    I know I completed this log but here is just a FYI for other BG users.

A couple of weeks ago I took a week off. During that time I took a break from all supplements. When I started back up again this week I still had a few servings of BG left so I figured why not use them. All I have to say is WOW the energy and pumps came back in full force. My advice for anyone running 2 months of BG is take a short break in the middle and start up again.
                    I take a week off after 2 bottles. Works great for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X