Hey guys. I've been training like this for the past two months:
    Monday: Chest/Tri
    Tues:Back/Bi
    Wed:Shoulders/Legs
    Thurs:Rest
    Fri:Chest/Tri
    Sat:Back/Bi
    Sunday:Rest

Found this routine on another site, can't specifically remember which. I saw some people saying this was working for them.

I train usually 40 minutes a day, and do abs 4 times per week. Not really looking for a strength-geared routine, I'm looking for a lean bulk(who isn't?). After seeing other workouts and 9 out of 10 are 3-4 times a week I was like wtf I gotta find out if this is wrong. You guys think I could get away with training each bodypart twice a week? Any input would help a ton, thanks guys, and any suggeted routines would be great!

it would be impossible for anyone to classify it as overtrainign without knowing you/your symptoms. google over training for a symptom checklist and see if anyt apply to you, if alot do, your overtrainign.

IMO even if its not overtrainign, it is a very weak program design.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
      IMO even if its not overtrainign, it is a very weak program design.
      Well said (as usual) !!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCosby View Post
        You guys think I could get away with training each bodypart twice a week?
        Yes, but I'd do something LIKE this:

Upper
        Lower
        OFF
        Upper
        Lower
        OFF
        OFF

Within, that... this EXAMPLE can be tweaked:

Upper volume
        Lower
        OFF
        Upper
        Lower volume
        OFF
        OFF

Need cardio... this EXAMPLE can be tweaked:

Upper + cardio
        Lower
        OFF
        Upper + cardio
        Lower
        OFF + cardio
        OFF
        Last edited by pu12en12g; 03-29-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys! I've researched the symptoms of overtraining before, and most of them are common things that usually occur. I do have a cold and occassionally get headaches like the symptoms say, but who the hell doesn't get headaches? I don't have the major symptoms like lack of motivation, weight loss, appetite loss, or decreased performance.
          Thanks for the input, I'm definetely gonna try to change this routine up.

Comment

Hey guys. I've been training like this for the past two months:
            Monday: Chest/Tri
            Tues:Back/Bi
            Wed:Shoulders/Legs
            Thurs:Rest
            Fri:Chest/Tri
            Sat:Back/Bi
            Sunday:Rest

Found this routine on another site, can't specifically remember which. I saw some people saying this was working for them.

I train usually 40 minutes a day, and do abs 4 times per week. Not really looking for a strength-geared routine, I'm looking for a lean bulk(who isn't?). After seeing other workouts and 9 out of 10 are 3-4 times a week I was like wtf I gotta find out if this is wrong. You guys think I could get away with training each bodypart twice a week? Any input would help a ton, thanks guys, and any suggeted routines would be great!
            Just wondering...the following monday would then be legs/ delts?

Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
            Well said (as usual) !!
            Word.
            kane@controlledlabs.com
            Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
            Looks for the ads, coming soon!
            www.controlledlabs.com
            www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Thanks guys! I've researched the symptoms of overtraining before, and most of them are common things that usually occur. I do have a cold and occassionally get headaches like the symptoms say, but who the hell doesn't get headaches? I don't have the major symptoms like lack of motivation, weight loss, appetite loss, or decreased performance.
              Thanks for the input, I'm definetely gonna try to change this routine up.

i think the main thing for overtraining are:

1 - lack of energy, if your overtrained youll feel dead tired routinely, when exercise should improve your energy levels

2 - inability to sleep, overtraining makes getting quality nights sleep very hard (for me at least)

3 - poor recovery, if your constantly sore and barely pushing things like you know you can, its never good.

4 - mood swings, if you go from way up to crashing down to back way up over and over again, and your mood is typically steady, its not good... or if your the opposite (usually moody and steady for a period, not good)

theres alot more in depth info on overtraining, I dont have it memorized, if you want more let me know and when I have time (moved over the weekend) I can dig up text books/class work and see if I can throw up a detailed chart/info and what not

Comment

K thanks man. Didnt really have any of the major symptoms of overtraining that I found of the web. Thanks for the help though guys.

Comment

It will catch up to you sooner or later, in a month or two. A good way to doing a upper/lower 4-day split is to have one heavy day, and one lighter day of weights to avoid overreaching.

Comment

If you lay awake in bed at night, wondering if you can mentally feel your delts physically growing after a long hard workout, you may be overtraining.

Comment

I really do still believe that overtraining is waaay too often over attributed as it were.
                      kane@controlledlabs.com
                      Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                      Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                      www.controlledlabs.com
                      www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Working...
                      X