Something is wrong with my left bicep :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something is wrong with my left bicep :(

I was doing WIDE lat pulls a couple monthes ago and in mid motion of the pull I got this kind of "crunch" in my left bicep/front delt tie in. It fealt weird, but it didnt actually hurt. It is hard to explain, like cartilige crunching or something.

Ever since then anytime I try to do a wide lat pull/chin/pull up I get that crunch so I quit doing them. Close grips do not seem to bother it though. I also get that crunch when I do incline bench press.

Ever since then I occasionally get a very dull burning sensation in that little bi/delt tie in crease. Sometime while working out, sometime while doing nothing strenuous. I dont know If I fucked something up or if I just need to lay off it for a while. I tried to just avoid to exercised that gave that "crunching" in my bi, but now I'm avoiding pretty much all Pull exercises.

I also have something else going on my left bi, When I do curls with my hand supinated my bi makes this little pop/crunch at the Bottom on my bicep. This one also does not actually feel painful, it just feels awkward. My lower bicep where it pops never bothers me in anyway except for when I do curls. I can do hammer curls just fine though.

Can any of you vets tell me what might be going on with my bi? Obviously stopping the exercises that cause the popping/crunching is the first step. I dont know if I've fucked something up that rest wont fix.

Can I get any advise other than "take time off, if it doesnt get better, go see a doctor" ? Because I has no insurance and MRIs are spensive.

Originally posted by adrian andras View Post
    Can I get any advise other than "take time off, if it doesnt get better, go see a doctor" ? Because I has no insurance and MRIs are spensive.

heres my advice: go see a doctor immediately, and take time off afterward.

MRIs are expensive, but interestingly enough, you only get one arm. If you permenantly F it up now, your F'ed for life. ...like, imagine not being able to hold your baby kid in your hand years from now because your bicep/arm has been shot to hell and completely ruined..
    Last edited by jiritt0; 03-28-2009, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
      you only get one arm.
      O'rly?

My regular physician has no idea what it is. How do I find someone who can help? Should I look up a "bone & joint" clinic or something? What kind of expert should I seek?

Comment

I would say some kind of sports doctor. When I tore my tricep I went to my physical therapist. She was able to do an ultrasound to find the tear and help me from there.
        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
          I would say some kind of sports doctor. When I tore my tricep I went to my physical therapist. She was able to do an ultrasound to find the tear and help me from there.
          right on

theres PT and AT (Athletic training) organizations, find the closeest person and contact STAT

Comment

Working...
          X