No announcement yet.

I missed my creatine dose for 3 days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed my creatine dose for 3 days...

...and apparently it had an effect, because when i trained the next day my strength went down (# of reps on a few exercises went down by one or two).

Now maybe i was just tired that day. So what do you think? Do you think 3 days of missing the creatine would have that much of an effect?

Sorry if this seems trivial and unimportant.

Maybe your # of reps went down due to poor sleep that night, or 2 night sbefore.. or maybe you didnt have as many carbs, or protein, or fat that day, or the dya before.. or maybe you could of gotten the same # of reps you just didnt try hard enough...

missing a day, a week of creatine is not the end of the world, and your life will go on. its a dietary supplement. your nutrition and actual training program is much more important than any supplements ever could be.

Comment

^This is true.

But i take very accurate records of all my lifts, and i usually never see any of my lifts go down.

And i am not really asking this question because of what just happened with my one workout here, but rather, i am interested in how long creatine takes to saturate a muscle and then how much time you have to be off creatine before your muscle phosphocreatine levels become desaturated and then go back down to their base level.

I know from studies that once the muscle creatine level is saturated, that it then takes around 30 days off of creatine to have the muscle creatine levels go back to their base level. So the fact that going off of it for only 3 days might have had an effect on how much i could lift is surprising to me.

Comment

Are you using Green MAG or BULGE?

The Magnesium creatine chelate has been shown to imrpove strength after a few days, so this could be why you slumped.

I find it hard to believe your creatine levels went down so fast though. It could be attributed to other factors.

Comment

Again, I do not believe creatine is the prime suspect for your performance being off par.

Missing one or two reps could be attritbuted to a ton of things - many tangible, most not. Perhaps the last workout you got hyped up alot, had a favorite song playing and this time you were busy looking at the fitness model in spandex pants doing tricep kickbacks while a weak song was playing... maybe you just didnt try hard enough this week... maybe your hands were gripped slightly differently so the movement felt harder/awkward w/o you even consciouly knowing it... maybe you had gas this time from beans you had for lunch and the other time you didnt.. maybe it was gas but you just felt bloated.. maybe you were too busy looking at your guns in the mirror and the intensity of the workout dropped..

...it could go on and on...

I personally only use creatine 3x a week preworkout...plus the minisecule amount of CM in peptide 2.0 I drink before bed every night...been doing this for a long while now, and my results/progress never suffer.

maybe the day before the previous workout you had steak for dinner which caused an increase in your natural creatine production and this time you didnt?

Comment

Working...
          X