X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Training & Planning

Heylo ppl

When you train do you ...

A) Plan out your sessions before you get to the gym and go from what is written?

or

B) Just make it up as you go along sticking to the stuff that works for you?

Reason for asking is what works best for people.

Look forward to your replies!
    "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldnt."

I usually plan it out but don't write it out. Unless, it's a new exercise and I'll probably forget what I wanted to try when I get there, than I write it out. I should probably write it out so I can keep track of my gains.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

I always like the saying "Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance." Planned written out routines imo.

Comment

I think your right as soon as you mentioned that this came to mind...

"Fail to prepare, and prepare to fail!" :P

Im just working on writing out my training routines and organising my diet/stack right now. I feel like im going back to square one but Im happy that I am.

"I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldnt."

Comment

My best gains def happened when I started writing down my workouts routines, improvements, diet,etc. Especially for those who are prone to being overweight and those to underweight(really me!), its great to write down what you're eating, calorie intake, protein intake,etc.
          "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
          CFD

Comment

I plan everything and write it down. That doesn't mean that I always follow the plan exactly. Sometimes I feel like something will fit in with the day while I'm training, so I just add it. It's the same with diet.
            We'll see how this goes...

Comment

I am pretty sure research backs this up, and it's something I can personally vouch for, is that if you write down every aspect of training you hope to accomplish, you will ensure optimal progressions.. same thing goes for accurately recording what you do

I've noticied this now, as I haven't been writing workouts down often, since I don't have access to weights -- I go to a track and do conditioning and bodyweight work

but in the spring when i was lifting 3-4x a week, i would sit down every sunday (recovery day) and plan out all the specifics of workouts for the upcoming week -- this would ensure I was able to align everything in the set/rep range I desired and super sets/combo sets/ etc. that I wanted to do -- luckily I had access to an empty weight room so I could do anything/everything I wanted when I wanted really

Same thing goes for your life basically, if you write down goals, regardless of their focus (relationships, career, sport, etc.) as long as you have some specific + broad, short term + long term goals, you're more likely to achieve them and/or anything in my opinion, and again I believe there is a significant/tremedous amount of research to back this up in sport (training) as well as life

Comment

The purpose of lifting weights is to get stronger/bigger/etc. How do you know you are making consistent progress if you don't write out your plan and document what you did? You would have to memorize the amount of weight and reps for every excercise for every bodypart in order to really see where you are progressing and where you aren't. When you see you aren't making progress in an area you need to change what you are doing. Plus it helps motivate me to see that I am making progress every time I hit the weights.

Comment

Have 11 years of training logs. So definitely like to plan and record.
                  Down to weight, sets, reps and rest time.
                  Its why I find it difficult to fathom the whole 'instinctive training' some profess to follow.
                  kane@controlledlabs.com
                  Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                  Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                  www.controlledlabs.com
                  www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

I plan it out and take a training log to the gym. I like to track my progress.

Comment

Workout Journal

I get my routines from various websites or magazines so I keep a workout journal and write everything down, new or old routine, everything is writing before I head to the gym.

Also, just recently started keeping an online journal as I've lost old workout journals in the past..I know. My bad.
                      - A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
                      - On the quest for increased knowledge.

~CL4Life~

Comment

Originally posted by Zebediah8
                        Hey guys today we discuss the topic of plan about your exercise/So you can Run & then run some more, and when you finish then run a bit more. Run up stadium stairs or run up the flights of stairs in a high-rise building in your area. Running up stairs does not impact the heel of your foot so much and is very good for improvent of your health and fitness/
                        Thats a lot of running! Football player??
                        sigpicDarren Conroy
                        Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
                        ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
                        dconroy6@gmail.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
                        http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135778441

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
                        http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Comment

you have to plan and analyze everything. This is of course a challenge for most. The best results come when you look at your body as an organic being, taking into consideration not just the physical stress of training and recovery but also the physical and mental stress of life. All of this will impact how your body adapts to exercise.

that being said, the only cookie cutter programs I've followed (outside of my time as an athlete training under a coach) where the sheiko CMS-PREP and smolov routines. I've enjoyed programming my own training even before I was a strength and conditioning coach and knew much about anything
                          --lllll--------lllll--
                          IRON MIND

Comment

Originally posted by FeMind View Post
                            you have to plan and analyze everything. This is of course a challenge for most. The best results come when you look at your body as an organic being, taking into consideration not just the physical stress of training and recovery but also the physical and mental stress of life. All of this will impact how your body adapts to exercise.

that being said, the only cookie cutter programs I've followed (outside of my time as an athlete training under a coach) where the sheiko CMS-PREP and smolov routines. I've enjoyed programming my own training even before I was a strength and conditioning coach and knew much about anything
                            Well said!!
                            sigpicDarren Conroy
                            Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
                            ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
                            dconroy6@gmail.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
                            http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135778441

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
                            http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Comment

In this era people more like to stay healthy. There are many health trainer and personal trainer for provide prefect details about stay healthy. Here I get such nice and useful information about health training. This info is very useful to me for stay healthy and maintain body.
                              personal trainer New York City

Comment

Working...
                              X