Post workout carbs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post workout carbs???

ok, all i have right now is my whey protein and glutamine for post workout and i try and eat something with carbs as soon as i get the chance but sometimes i dont get any carbs :/

i wanna know if i can just dump a tablespoon or 2 of regular sugar in my shake and get my post work out carbs like that...?
    Currently Stacking: Nothing! All i have left is GlycerGrow...hoping to get some new stuff ASAP

you should look into dextrose, waxy maize starch, or even bulk steel cut oats to add... I've used them all with good results. I would recommend WMS or oats before dextrose, but dextrose prolly has the best taste/texture - WMS doesn't mix all that great, but works wonders, and oats you have to get used to swallow down, even if its blended into a powder (can be weird at first)

Comment

well i have some quaker oats the plain ones that come in the cylinder thingy but i dont think there steel cut....would they still do the job?
      Currently Stacking: Nothing! All i have left is GlycerGrow...hoping to get some new stuff ASAP

Comment

I eat a banana post workout with my shake.

Comment

any oats will work -- steel cuts just are a personal fav

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny View Post
            well i have some quaker oats the plain ones that come in the cylinder thingy but i dont think there steel cut....would they still do the job?
            All oats are great with your shake. I buy bix boxes of quakers oats from costco.

Comment

waxy maize or oats FTW

Comment

Optimum makes a Oats & Whey shake that's actually drinkable. The only downside is pretty much the oat bits that hang around inside the shaker, which are easily washed out anyway.

Comment

prolly alot cheaper to buy whey + oats seperate...

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                    prolly alot cheaper to buy whey + oats seperate...
                    definably is. I think thats a stupid product to make....

Comment

people will buy it tho.. whether its for convience or simply cos they're unaware of cheaper/more efficient alternatives..

Comment

Working...
                      X