Your protein choice (Timbah wolf invited) =]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your protein choice (Timbah wolf invited) =]

Heylo guys, im just about to re-order my protein and im thinking of changing from my current CNP Pro Mass to another protein powder.

What protein powders have you used and rate high ?

I know Timbahwolf uses Muscle milk atleast last time I checked he did :P, I think I may try that as he is my hero.

But I just wonderd is there a reason why he doesnt use Monster Milk, because to be fair he is quite a beast in a good way.

http://www.bodysourceonline.co.uk/Cy...er_MIlk_2.2lbs

Id love to hear what you guys think and your opinions of the protein supplaments out there.

I recently ordered some CL supps but for some reason the delivery is taking the p*** (from bodysourceonline) that stack is...

Orange Triad
    Blue UP
    Purple Wraath
    (protein at the moment would be CNP Pro Mass, but as you can see mentioned above looking for a new one to try)

Thanks. Kam
    "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldnt."

my recommendation : wait for something good you like to be on sale, and buy alot of it.

I like muscle milk, so when it is on sale, I buy like mad. I've got a dozen or so tubs open, and its nice to vary flavors and i enjoy the product.

I also highly recommend ON whey, scivation whey, and possibly extreme formations whey (ive got a 10lb bag form a sale, buy wont get to it for awhile) -- they all sale 10pound bags of pure whey, which is great for more of a pure protein shake (muscle milk has more additives than straight whey) the formations whey bag looks cheap, and non resealable, so that is a huge negative IMO but maybe it tastes great?!

golden finish is great postworkout -- i got a sale on xtreme formations relentless, which is similiar in results to golden finish (i guess, only used relentless for a few weeks now) but it tastes much more bland and blah...golden finish is delicious postworkout when your about to die, relentless not so much.

and finally I love ultra peptide 2.0 before bed.. whenever thats on sale i've bought up alot.. at one point i think i had near 30pounds of it...sadly, its slowly been dwindling

in summary, buy everything when it is on sale --- especially thigns you use daily all the time -- vitamins, protein, fish oil mainly for me. while you dont need 12 bottles of orange triad at the moment, and spending 100+ on a ton of vitamins might seem dumb.. it is nice when youve got enough vitamins to last you 1+years at an discounted price per bottle... i apply the same for groceries too, except 75% of my diet is fresh produce/meat ..but the random things like oats, olive oil, etc. i use alot I buy in the largest servings possible and when on sale (i once bought like 15 natural peanut butters at acme cos they were on sale, the old lady behind me in line was very puzzeled and talked to me about it the whole time haha)
    Last edited by jiritt0; 03-09-2009, 08:28 PM.

Comment

hehe thanks JD il go away and look into the supplaments youve mentioned above. Quite a few supplament retailers around me discount when you buy more than one, for instance if you get 2 tubs its alittle bit cheaper if you buy 3 its alittle more etc. etc. duno if its like that where you live.

Sorry to ask but for somone whos just getting into bodybuilding, I mean ive been training for around 2 years now with weights and am only just starting to get my nutrition plan sorted and supplaments.

What stack would you recomend, I arnt looking to turn pro just feel good and look good (and be strong )

To give you an idea of what im working with.

Im 6'1 , 80kg . 10% body fat. My goal is to increase muscle size and target weight would be somwhere around 90kg, while still keeping my cut.

Apoligies again if this is in the wrong place and sorry for not researching it furthur just seem to be abit lost in all the diffrent supplaments out there! :P

Thanks in advance
      Last edited by Kamm; 03-10-2009, 02:27 AM.
      "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldnt."

Comment

Save $20 when you spend $99 or more on eligible Optimum Nutrition, BSN, and Cytosport products sold by Amazon.com. Use the following promotional code when you check out: MAR9ONBS. Offer valid through March 31, 2009

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000344571

place multiple orders to get full benefits. for like 160~175 $ you could get two 10pound bags of whey and 2 small tubs of muscle milk/syntha-6 (also a dec protein i didnt mention previously)

it sounds like your a hard gainer and would benefit more from muscle milk and weight gainer protein shakes ... you can make your own alot cheaper buy getting a 10lb bag of whey and throwing in steel cut oats to shakes you make (also great postworkout carb source)... check link below for a 50pound bag of oats (great deal, will last you a looonnng time)
        http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/steelcutoats50lb.aspx

outside of protein you should take a multivitamin every day - orange triad is my top one, in the pst Ive used NOW Adam and enjoyed it as well (a little cheaper, OT isn't on sale often)

fish oil is good for general health

and purple wraath (an amino acid product) + a creatine product will significantly enhance your training results and recovery

thats the basics I say
        Last edited by jiritt0; 03-10-2009, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the very informative reply! Just trying to take it all in you know

Im going to try Muscle Milk and at the moment im having a real hard time getting hold of Controlled Labs products here in the UK. I ordererd some from one website and its been over a month now. (they have ridiculously bad customer service too)

As for creatine im not a huge fan, I havent used it so I cant comment too much but bodybuilders ive spoken too say they use it occasionally but its mainly water retention the mass they put on.

I dont know that much about creatine hense my attitude to not trying it. If you get a couple minutes would you mind helping me out with some bullet point info about creatine?

I know about the chemical changes I believe, about ATP and why creatine plays a strong role in strength and stamina, atleast I hope I do :P

Comment

water is the most important/abused performance enhancing drug (if you get technical -- i remember this from my NSCA study videos on sports nutrition, haha) -- look at all of CL products, they recommend drinking a galloon + a day, for a good reason

IMO layman summary of creatine - it causes muscles to hold onto water, which increases performance.. and it also works chemically at increasing ATP turnover...

the fliip side of creatine is when you get sick and your puking and all the other nasty things that go down... typically you dont eat/drink much, you get dehydrated, and become extremely weak

creatine is very beneficial very your recovery and results, but at the same time you by no means need it.. creatine is produced naturally from a variety of foods, mainly meat (steak)

creatine isn't limited to bodybuilding -- i have no aspirations of turning into anything remotely close to a bodybuilder (besides getting bigger + leaner), but i still use creatine for the same aspects (recovery + results)

goodluck with that MIA order.. I'd be real pissed if I were you!

Comment

Muscle Gauge Nutrition is my new choice. They sell 25 and 50 pound bags on ebay for incredibly cheap prices. All of the reviews on bb.com and other sources say its an extremely solid product and tastes great.

Oh, and it's made in the same facilities as All the Whey.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=mgn...armrs=1&_from=

Comment

I use the Allmax Isoflex, 5 pound tub has a lot of servings, very expensive none the less.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 95zj View Post
                  Muscle Gauge Nutrition is my new choice. They sell 25 and 50 pound bags on ebay for incredibly cheap prices. All of the reviews on bb.com and other sources say its an extremely solid product and tastes great.

Oh, and it's made in the same facilities as All the Whey.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=mgn...armrs=1&_from=
                  That's an insane amount of protein.. i like it!

Comment

getting samples from MGN: according to the ebay store just email info@musclegauge.com and ask

Comment

I just ordered a 5 lb. tub of their chocolate mint flavor, I'll let you guys know how it tastes.

Comment

I like Muscle Milk at bedtime. I use multiple flavors of Kaizen whey. It's a good quality protein that only $20 for 32 serv. The flavors are great and has added enzymes and ingredient list is short(to me is good=less garbage in it). Also, you cant go wrong with BSN Syntha6 either..really good tasting stuff also.
                        Live Life/Workout Hard!!
                        :mo

CL Supps In Service:
                        ORANGE OXIMEGA
                        WHITE FLOOD
                        GREEN MAG
                        PURPLE WRATH

Comment

Working...
                        X