Kane - Training help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kane - Training help required

Heylo my question is regarding the following training methods. (correct me if im wrong at any stage)

Strength Training & Volume Training - I understand everyone is diffrent and the best thing is to see what works for yourself but what ratio would you advise for training, in regards to how many weeks of each?

I used to train doing 3-4 weeks of each back to back. 3 weeks strength 3 weeks volume.

Im assuming volume is training for the "pump".

Any help on this would be appreciated.

My goals are to increase muscle mass aswell as achieving great strength, functionality, flexibility and conditiong.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Anyone can reply to this with there opinions and views more the merrier!
    "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldnt."

Personally I don't think I've ever trained for strength alone.
    So while I have utmost respect for Bill Starr's 5x5 or Rippletoe's Starting Strength program and prescribed a similar program for male and female clients with great success I have never followed either for myself.
    I've preferred to mix the two in the same week if not the same workouts such as in a heavy/ volume and upper/ lower split.
    Periodizing between the two I'm sure would work but again, just have never tried it myself.
    My suggestion is when training for volume, you don't necessarily need to even do more than 10 reps as much as limiting your rest times to 1 min or less. Whereas for a strength program rest times will remain 3 minutes and above.
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Thankyou very much for your reply, I guess I asumed you did strength on its own as looking at your training log you lift really heavy! hehe Inspiring stuff.

I might try 1 week of each instead of 3-4 week splits.

Thanks again =]

Kam
      "I do it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldnt."

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
        I've preferred to mix the two in the same week if not the same workouts such as in a heavy/ volume and upper/ lower split.
        Amen to this !!

Comment

Im not that experienced at volume training so I thiink il try smash in a couple of sole volume sessions before i try mix the two into the same day.

I am listening to your advice ^^ just wont rush into trying to imitate you guys whove been doing it along time!

Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated

Kam

Comment

Working...
          X