Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterbury Method

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...terbury_method

I'm really considering this program. I'm currently doing one of his programs from a mens health issue and its no where near this one (intensity level).

I read the supps he recommends for this program, however I really dont have the $$ to buy any more atm.

So heres what I got:

One-A-Day Mens (going to buy orange triad soon)
    Fish Oil (standard 1g dose, 3x's a day)
    Cytosport Complete Whey and/or Scivation Whey
    Green MAG
    All the great foods of this world

So... big question here, do I really need those supps with this program? Anyone do this program yet? I love Waterbury's programs, but I dont want to just jump into something with my head in another place.

Thanks in advance guys

the Diritto method

top shelf exercises to do:

clean - jerk - push press - snatch
    (all variations of each included)

2nd shelf exercises to do:

squats - deadlifts - bent over rows - shoulder press - bench press
    (include all variations of them equally, don't do solely back squat, variate it with overhead squats, front squats, split leg squats, etc. -- same applies for all)

3rd shelf:

lunges, step ups, pushups, dips, pullups, chinups, dives
    (same as before, all variations of each)

least important shelf:

isolation exercises (arm curls, calf raises...etc)

most important factors:

consisntency + intensity.

Helpful hint: incorporate movement into workouts as much as often. It's fun, the body enjoys moving around, and makes a boring exercise more interesting (ex. I know its a weak exercise, but try doing DB curls as you walk back and forth 20yds -- then try it while walking backward) o yea, it's typically alot harder too. try jump jacks forward and backward.. if thats all good, try them laterally

anyways, do that for a year and your on your way to greatness.

ideally includea good active dyanmic warmup (general and specific) to prevent injury, enhance performance, and reduce soreness/stiffness (as well as provide a mini workout if you do it hard enough)

and then do some static stretches postworkout as a nice cool down while working on increasing flexibility even more

as for supplements --there supplements, keep that in mind. they arent the answer, their some help, some support.

my essentials and basics:
    protein
    amino acids
    multi
    fish oil
    creatine

and i like to keep caffeine pills on stock -- you can get a big bottle of 100 servings of 200mg for like 5bucks... much better than buying a redbull /coffee randomly when you need a boost.

/word; book out soon

Comment

T-nation has some cool workout articles

Comment

Ok well thanks for the info/help Diritto I know supps are supps. I mainly rely on whole foods.

Here's my routine at the moment. Its one of Waterbury's (his Huge in a Hurry article) from the Nov 2008 Mens Health Issue. I like it a lot, but for some reason it doesnt seem like enough compared to the routine I was on previously... I feel good doing it, but when I'm done im kinda asking myself "was that it?" lol

However, this program does promise to make you bigger, leaner, and stronger in less time using his 5 new muscle rules:

1. Lift big to grow big
        2. Lift fast to get big
        3. Quit when your ahead
        4. Don't sweat the small sets
        5. Think big to grow big
        (of course he explains them )

MONDAY:
        Bench Press - 5 x 5
        Chin Up - 5 x 5
        Deadlift - 5 x 5

Do 25 total reps of each exercise, using a weight I can lift 4 to 6 times before my speed slows or my form changes. Rest About 60secs between sets.

TUESDAY:
        Cardio/Rest

WEDNESDAY:
        DB single-arm shoulder press - 4 x 10
        DB single-arm row - 4 x 10
        DB lunge or step up - 4 x 10

Do 40 total reps of each exercise with each arm or each leg, using a weight I can lift 10 to 12 times before my speed slows down or my form changes. Rest about 45secs between sets.

THURSDAY:
        Cardio/Rest

FRIDAY:
        BB bent-over row - 5 x 3
        Dip - 5 x 3
        Squat - 5 x 3

Do 15 total reps of each exercise, using a weight I can lift 2 to 3 times before my speed slows down or my form changes. Rest about 90secs between sets.

So yay or nay on this program? Like I stated before I really like Waterbury's programs and his book/articles and so on. He definably knows his stuff! I feel good with this routine like I said above, I just feel like im leaving something out. I guess I just need to get used to it....

Comment

Working...
        X