• Show
Clear All

• Training twice a day?

Morning: Chest
    Evening: Legs

or

Morning: Back
    Evening: Calves

Would training twice a day be a good idea to increase training frequency? Or is it more beneficial to let the body focus on rebuilding one area at a time?

Whatchall think?

Originally posted by adrian andras View Post

Morning: Chest
    Evening: Legs

or

Morning: Back
    Evening: Calves

Would training twice a day be a good idea to increase training frequency? Or is it more beneficial to let the body focus on rebuilding one area at a time?

Whatchall think?
    For the last few months of 2008 I was doing something similar.. was training 12 times per week...and 14 times per week in October. I'm a big believer in hitting each bodypart twice per week usually. Usually one heavy and one volume.
    Currently I'm experimenting with hitting chest back and delts twice in the same day. Heavy in the AM and volume/ light in the PM.
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
      For the last few months of 2008 I was doing something similar.. was training 12 times per week...and 14 times per week in October. I'm a big believer in hitting each bodypart twice per week usually. Usually one heavy and one volume.
      Currently I'm experimenting with hitting chest back and delts twice in the same day. Heavy in the AM and volume/ light in the PM.
      Keep us posted!

Comment

depends on your goals and fitness level really..

i strive to hit each body part each workout, while incorporating movement as I can -- occasionaly im too sore or time limited to do such, but its an ideal i shoot for. Its more of a sport performance workout and the broad "functionality" rather than developing muscle size

my question to you is this: How often in life do you go through a day and use only your shoudlers? or chest? or how often in sport do you play an entire game using only your legs, in a linear fashion?

just a thought..

Comment

Working...
        X