Egg white bioavailability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg white bioavailability

There has been several threads on bb.com about the bioavailability of egg whites raw vs. cooked. And it seems there is not favorable testimony about either. What is your take on it? Do you get the same amount of protein in raw as cooked?
    Do or do not. There is no try!

As far as volume the quantity is the same. As far as your body's ability to absorb the protein if there is a difference it's ever so slight. I wouldn't even worry about it. As it is, at around 4grams of protein in 1 large egg white you'd need to eat a dozen for it to make much impact. I try to add egg whites and a yolk here and there as much as I can. Egg Beaters have done great for me so far. Your better off using egg whites as an addition to your protein intake such as, egg whites in your shakes, mixed in tuna, with some breakfast or just a healthy snack. Here's some more info on egg whites that may help you out.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/d...products/112/2

Also, credit to another site for the following:
    Egg White Protein is derived from chicken egg whites. It is processed by removing the yolk and then converting the egg white product in powdered form. Many individuals love this product because it allows them to intake more eggs than their body usually allows. Egg White protein gauges very high on the protein efficiency rating (P.E.R) a 3.9 out of 4.0.

Egg White Protein provides an excellent combination and profile of amino acids. Egg White Protein also possesses a high level of sulfur which is essential to various hormonal pathways within the body. This increased production of anabolic hormones leads to increased muscle mass.

Comment

Thanks
      Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

This sounds harsh, but it's really good tea when mixed with egg white or pasteurized juice and ice and stir. It ends up tasting like orange smoothie for some reason.
        excessive sweating

Comment

Working...
        X