egg whites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egg whites

i have been using egg whites international and enjoyed adding it into my shakes..now that im almost out, and want more egg protein, i want the cheapest/best route..

curious what others thoughts are on egg white powder, liquid, or egg protein in general..

I use egg beaters or the generic equivalent at my local store.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
      i have been using egg whites international and enjoyed adding it into my shakes..now that im almost out, and want more egg protein, i want the cheapest/best route..

curious what others thoughts are on egg white powder, liquid, or egg protein in general..
      I like to mix my musclemilk with cartoned egg whites and water to increase the protein without increasing the carbs and fat.
      Years ago before there were many decent tasting protein supps on the market.. late 90's.... I use to bring a carton with me to the gym for my post workout shake.
      kane@controlledlabs.com
      Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
      Looks for the ads, coming soon!
      www.controlledlabs.com
      www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

I have mine with a bit of skim milk
        Current Stack:
        CL-GM,WF,GG,PW,OT, ON 100% Whey

BB.com Bodyspace

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
          I use egg beaters or the generic equivalent at my local store.
          is it okay to drink this stuff out of the carton? any risk of salmonella?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras View Post
            I dont think...

I pump the liquid egg whites str into protein shakes (from egg whites international)

update w/ some mathematicals

okay, hit up the local giant yesterday -- got 100% egg whites on sale for 4$ for pound.

That means, 1 gallon is 8 pounds of them, and at 4.50$ (original price) it costs 36$ total for a gallon so four gallons of them would be 144$

when theyre on sale for 4$ a pound a gallon costs 32$ and 4 gallons costs 128$ total

Egg whites international costs 130$ for 4 gallons w/ free shipping -- or 38$ if you buy 1 gallon at a time

so basically, i could save 2$ by getting 4gallons/32 one pound containers from giant, when its on sale for 4$ (which who knows how often that is..)

I may just stick to EWI...

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras View Post
              I have been doing it for a year now and no illness r/t it. I do believed they are pasteurized but I could be wrong.
              Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

my math was way off... i erroed in that the giant tub is 2lbs not 1lb...

so, 4 gallons of egg whites from giant is 72$, at their normal 4.50$ price, while 4lb from EWI is 130$

wowzers...

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                  I have been doing it for a year now and no illness r/t it. I do believed they are pasteurized but I could be wrong.
                  They are pasteurized so no chance of salmonella.
                  kane@controlledlabs.com
                  Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                  Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                  www.controlledlabs.com
                  www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
                    They are pasteurized so no chance of salmonella.
                    What he said ^^^

Comment

If you are going to beat the egg whites, safety yellow to white. White, who is not fat for each of them will not whip properly. It is usually not a problem, with the remaining bits of egg white.
                      excessive sweating

Comment

Working...
                      X