Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if I can't eat a meal every 3 hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if I can't eat a meal every 3 hours?

I was able to keep a consistent 3 hour interval before I started track here at college, but now I can't. Between track practices and my class schedule, I'm stuck eating at odd intervals now. Here's my day:

7:30am - banana
    8am-8:45am - lifting
    9am - meal
    11am-12pm - class
    12:30pm - meal
    3pm - track practice
    4:30pm - meal
    6pm-8:45pm - class
    9pm - meal
    11pm - cottage cheese and nuts

I feel like I'm going too long between meals around practice and lab. I won't get anything to eat for 4-5 hour during those times. Is this ok? Should I eat a smaller meal and then have a banana or something small to snack on, a bigger meal at the times I'm eating, or what? I want to lose body fat and maintain muscle mass, at least right now.
    Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
    Couples who squat together stay together.

No one has any input?
    Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
    Couples who squat together stay together.

Comment

What about snacks etc.. ?

That actually doesn't look bad at all....

Comment

Eating every 3 hours

It is definately harder to do than people think. Especially if you are on the go. I have a couple of suggestions. Try to prepare meals ahead of time and bring them with you. You may need to get a small cooler and carry around a couple of meals with you. Depending on your schedule, you can probably leave it in the car so you don't have to carry it with you. But if you can sit it in a room or locker that would be great.

If you don't have a microwave to heat up your chicken etc, you could go with cold protein sources such as tuna and eggs. you can hard boil the eggs and make egg salad or mix them with the tuna.

Protein shakes are probably the most convenient. You can by RTD Protein shakes and take a couple with you. The Ready To Drinks become expensive though. Buying a tub of protein powder or the Meal Replacement Packs are great. You can take them with you in your bag and just add some water to them and shake it up. I take one shaker with my protein in it,and another empty ziplock baggie or old supplement bottle with my next serving in it, and toss them in my bag. That is two meals right there.

Protein bars are good and convenient also, but you cannot rely on them for the best nutrition. Some are high in calories and sugars. If you are trying to cut down on them, you may want to stick with the meal replacements.

I would also add a nighttime protein shake with casein protein to your (or in place of) your cottage cheese. A good extended release protein powder would be great because you are not eating any protein from the evening until after you train. Your body will become catabolic very quickly without protein in your system. If you decide to go with a protein powder, look for some such as Met-Rx Ultramyosyn Whey , Isobolic by Nutrabolics , or Probolic-Sr by MHP. These all contain a blend of extended release proteins that would be ideal for any of your meals. It doesn't look like you are getting enough protein. Check 'em out.

Just some thoughts.
        Last edited by Jrapp; 11-01-2006, 06:16 PM.

Comment

theres a douchebag that eats chicken everyday in my 11am class.

IMO
          if your that hardcore, you prolly should be able to budget your time better so your meals are more convient day in day out. sure, sometimes you may get behind and need to squeeze on in when available (like during class) but overall you shouldnt have to.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
            theres a douchebag that eats chicken everyday in my 11am class.

IMO
            if your that hardcore, you prolly should be able to budget your time better so your meals are more convient day in day out. sure, sometimes you may get behind and need to squeeze on in when available (like during class) but overall you shouldnt have to.
            ROFL. I THINK THAT'S ME.. IS THAT CLASS CHEMISTRY LECTURE?

Comment

no sports psychology. the professor got pissed and told him not to eat during class last friday. it was funny.

n to top it off, he claims to be a competitive bodybuilder, but hes like 5'5" 150 (aka hes a twig)

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                no sports psychology. the professor got pissed and told him not to eat during class last friday. it was funny.

n to top it off, he claims to be a competitive bodybuilder, but hes like 5'5" 150 (aka hes a twig)

rofl.. omg.. i'm 212lbs 5'10... but.. i jumped from 202 - 212 in a week.. how the fuck.. wtf..!@??

Comment

Working...
                X