New User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User

I found out about the products on bodybuilding.com and really like the reviews and how affordable the products are.

I am currently taking a whey protein shake 2x a day and am also taking AST multi-vitaman

I am currently 208 lbs and would like to cut down to 190 and am currently lifting 4 days a week. I also do 30 mins of cardio each weight day (before) to warm up and stretch.

Monday-Chest/Tri's
    Tuesday-Legs
    Wednesday-Back/Bi's
    Thursday-Off (60 mins of Cardio)
    Friday-Shoulders/Traps
    Saturday-off (Cardio)
    Sunday-OFF

I have read the Green Magnitude can be taken before or after the workout. What would you all suggest. Also, I am thinking about white flood or purple wrath to go with the Green Mag. If I get white flood, should I take both white flood and green mag before a workout?

Could someone also explain exactly what Purple Wrath is?

Originally posted by wn1998 View Post
    I found out about the products on bodybuilding.com and really like the reviews and how affordable the products are.

I am currently taking a whey protein shake 2x a day and am also taking AST multi-vitaman

I am currently 208 lbs and would like to cut down to 190 and am currently lifting 4 days a week. I also do 30 mins of cardio each weight day (before) to warm up and stretch.

Monday-Chest/Tri's
    Tuesday-Legs
    Wednesday-Back/Bi's
    Thursday-Off (60 mins of Cardio)
    Friday-Shoulders/Traps
    Saturday-off (Cardio)
    Sunday-OFF

I have read the Green Magnitude can be taken before or after the workout. What would you all suggest. Also, I am thinking about white flood or purple wrath to go with the Green Mag. If I get white flood, should I take both white flood and green mag before a workout?

Could someone also explain exactly what Purple Wrath is?
    welcome aboard

green magnitude is best preworkout mixed with white flood in the same shake.

purple wraath is an essential amino acid product taken intraworkout that helps with recovery and endurance
    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
    Purple Psyko
    Gold Feast
    Blue Gene
    Blue Growth
    REDuction AM/PM Shots
    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
    Orange TRIad
    White Flood (5 Flavors)
    Black Hole
    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
    Green Bulge
    White Blood 2
    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
    Blue Up
    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

You can take WF and GM preworkout. GM about 1hr pre. I like to play with my WF timing due to it hits me sooner than others. PW is an EAA + goodies blend that will aid in recovery and increase your endurance. I would change your split up a bit. Here is the one I use off and on.

Chest/bi's
      Legs
      Shoulders/tri's
      Back/traps.

Welcome to CL. You will not be disappointed.
      Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

I agree w/ all of the other timing suggestions. GM is probably better preworkout vs. post, PW is excellent; just a little before, most during, a little after (dont forget to get adequate protein). you MIGHT consider glycergrow as well. I have had favorable results with it so far (about 3 weeks in, i do have more energy and a noticeable pump). White Flood is a great preworkout drink, but i would try to sample before you buy the tub just in case you are a nonresponder. I have not heard of anyone having that problem with WF, but better to be safe than sorry. I had a sweet tub of Superpump 250 that did 0 for me. Make sure you have a good multivitamin (orange triad is a good choice, i'd say that regardless of the forum) and by all means take fish oil. Avoid prohormones/steroids unless you have a physician prescribe them (probably not happening). The last thing you want to screw up is your androgen hormone physiology.

As far as your workout split goes, I would do legs 2x/week. If there is one muscle group to work more than once a week, your legs have to be it. I know that may not sound like much fun, but highest amount of growth hormone release because they are the biggest muscles. growth hormone = size, seeing as it is the most anabolic hormone in the body (insulin = #2, so eat after the workout). Gotta get your squats and deadlifts in. I would recommend avoiding single muscle motion machines (leg curls, leg extensions) until you have done at least 2 compound leg movements. You could also do a total body at the end of the week, with various muscle groups during the week. That seems to work well for me. Get good cardio, eat right, sleep a lot, and dont panic if you dont see a result in 2 days. It takes dedication, and is very worthwhile.

I hope this helps, PM me if you have any more questions and good luck

Comment

Great information guys! I am waiting for my free samples (want to make sure I can handle the taste before I buy) and I am excited.

I think I am going to go with GM and Purple Wrath. Do you guys take both on non-training days or even just cardio days? If so, should I change anything about the timing on non training and or cardio days?

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs View Post
            welcome aboard

green magnitude is best preworkout mixed with white flood in the same shake.

purple wraath is an essential amino acid product taken intraworkout that helps with recovery and endurance

Hi Controlled Labs,

Do you recommend having GM with WF as preworkout over GM and PW as an intraworkout?

As I was thinking of having WF and GG as preworkout (30mins-40mins pre) and GM and PW as a sipping intraworkout with protein and complex carbs as post.

Thanks
            Current Stack:
            CL-GM,WF,GG,PW,OT, ON 100% Whey

BB.com Bodyspace

Comment

hey its almost 2009 and i wanna clear my mind up
              no more mistakes no more wasting money
              im gonna just take PW intra workout and eat really good
              ill let you guys know how it goes

Comment

Drewdrewdrew get in alot of sweet potatoes oatmeal grits egg whites tuna chicken breast

keep your vegetables as raw as possible if had to then steam only

cause theres alot of sHiet bout free radicals and everything kk just my 2 cents PZZ

Comment

as far as supplementation, what works for me is as follows:

OT, Fish Oil at noon and midnight/bed
                  GG (2 scoops), GM (1 scoop), WF (1 scoop) 30-45 PreWO
                  PW (1 scoop), WF (1 scoop), GG (1 scoop) intraworkout
                  If I don't work out, 1 scoop of GM in the morning
                  Presleep - White Blood, OT, Fish Oil

Protein - I make a big shake (150g protein) in the morning, split it over the day for ~6 hours. I make sure to use some oatmeal in the shake for energy. I try to eat a lean meat w/ brown rice or salad for dinner. 1g/lb of protein is a good recommendation to build, maybe 1.2-1.5 if you are nuts about bulking. All those calories have to go somewhere, so don't go overboard. Make sure you get at least 1 gallon of water a day (excluding what you mix your supplements in). Some people will tell you that your kidneys will rot if you take in all that protein, and that isn't true unless you have less than ideal renal function to begin with. If your kidneys are working at less than ideal capacity, go see your doctor before you take any supplements.

I also take Uni-Liver by Universal throught the day if I am dieting/cutting to prevent catabolism. Probably works.

This seems to work pretty well for me, your needs/budget may vary.
                  Hope this helps, I am not trying to be the worlds foremost expert on stuff, just offering advice. If anyone has anything to add/comment on, by all means please provide input.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by frshlkjuce View Post
                    as far as supplementation, what works for me is as follows:

OT, Fish Oil at noon and midnight/bed
                    GG (2 scoops), GM (1 scoop), WF (1 scoop) 30-45 PreWO
                    PW (1 scoop), WF (1 scoop), GG (1 scoop) intraworkout
                    If I don't work out, 1 scoop of GM in the morning
                    Presleep - White Blood, OT, Fish Oil

Protein - I make a big shake (150g protein) in the morning, split it over the day for ~6 hours. I make sure to use some oatmeal in the shake for energy. I try to eat a lean meat w/ brown rice or salad for dinner. 1g/lb of protein is a good recommendation to build, maybe 1.2-1.5 if you are nuts about bulking. All those calories have to go somewhere, so don't go overboard. Make sure you get at least 1 gallon of water a day (excluding what you mix your supplements in). Some people will tell you that your kidneys will rot if you take in all that protein, and that isn't true unless you have less than ideal renal function to begin with. If your kidneys are working at less than ideal capacity, go see your doctor before you take any supplements.

I also take Uni-Liver by Universal throught the day if I am dieting/cutting to prevent catabolism. Probably works.

This seems to work pretty well for me, your needs/budget may vary.
                    Hope this helps, I am not trying to be the worlds foremost expert on stuff, just offering advice. If anyone has anything to add/comment on, by all means please provide input.

Good luck!
                    frshlkjuce, can I ask why you dont have White Blood on your non workout days?

THANKS
                    Current Stack:

BB.com Bodyspace

Comment

Originally posted by drewdrewdrew View Post
                      Hi Controlled Labs,

Do you recommend having GM with WF as preworkout over GM and PW as an intraworkout?

As I was thinking of having WF and GG as preworkout (30mins-40mins pre) and GM and PW as a sipping intraworkout with protein and complex carbs as post.

Thanks
                      wf/gm pre and pw intra.

gg would be pre as well
                      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                      Purple Psyko
                      Gold Feast
                      Blue Gene
                      Blue Growth
                      REDuction AM/PM Shots
                      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                      Orange TRIad
                      White Flood (5 Flavors)
                      Black Hole
                      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                      Green Bulge
                      White Blood 2
                      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                      Blue Up
                      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

great, thankyou!
                        Current Stack:

BB.com Bodyspace

Comment

Originally posted by drewdrewdrew View Post
                          frshlkjuce, can I ask why you dont have White Blood on your non workout days?

THANKS
                          Sorry I was not clear about that, I take it nightly. It has seemed to help with my sleep. Not sure about nutrient transport or vascularity, its only been ~1 week.

Comment

Originally posted by frshlkjuce View Post
                            Sorry I was not clear about that, I take it nightly. It has seemed to help with my sleep. Not sure about nutrient transport or vascularity, its only been ~1 week.
                            thx u

Current Stack:

BB.com Bodyspace

Comment

Working...
                            X