gm + wf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gm + wf

Just started on GM yesterday. I will start on WF in January. Using the NROL workout, currently in hypertrophy I.

6'0, 170lbs

Supplements

GM (30 min prior to workout)
    WF (30 min prior to workout starting in January)
    Muscle Milk (post workout)
    Serious Mass (1/2 serving before bed ~625 calories)
    NOW Adam Vitamin (Changing to AST 32x in January)
    Optimum Nutrition Salmon Oil

I've been doing weights for about a year but up until about September or so I was just following different plans, never really going hard or building numbers.

Day 1 was yesterday and I started off with the half scoop of GM. I was a little shy on sleep, but still hit some new highs in DB incline, rows, and lats. Had a little more energy than normal.

Day 2 - Today was a great day. In the program we alternate between 5x5, 3x15, 4x10 on different days. Today was 4x10 and I was full of energy. I was able to do the same weight that I was doing on 5x5's for squat, deadlift shrug, & bulgarian split squats. Now I don't do any crazy weight (Squat 155 was todays high and deadlift 135), many days i'm just not full of energy and don't push myself to the max. Today I felt great and was able to do a lot more.

So far this is going great after 2 days. Tomorrow is off day and then Thursday back to upper body on 4x10's. I'm looking forward to seeing how that goes.

Eric
    Last edited by ericryd; 12-09-2008, 04:26 PM.

Been away for a few days, but I completed days 3 which was the same program as Monday, but 4x10 sets vs 3x15. I felt real strong in some areas but slacked in others. DB incline had a little more weight and more reps, same with rows.

I struggled on DB shoulder press today, just didn't have the strength, not sure why. High pulls and close grip bench went very well too.

Regardless of the weights, i've felt energy and stronger going and coming back from the gym. So far so good, looking forward to next week.

Comment

Nice !

Comment

Haven't had too much time to post updates...However,

New highs were once again hit over the past week on both the 5x5 day and 4x10 day on all exercises (DB incline, rows, db press, lat pulldown, highpull, close grip bench). I've really felt a big difference in the gym as of late. Just more energy and where I thought I would get stuck, i've been able to go another 2-3 reps.

Nothing but great feedback so far...really excited to start WF next week too!

Comment

Sweet!
          laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

So today started the next phase of our training...Hypertrophy II from NROL. With this, I started WF today.

We did 6x3 of bent over under hand grip rows, bench, wide grap rows, incline db bench with palms facing each other, and dips.

The WF for sure made a difference. I felt more energetic even with more sets of heavier weights. As it was the first day of the program I didn't push myself as hard as I could have, but I felt stronger for sure. I'm tracking all of my lifts and will update as I continue to reach new highs.

I'm a CL believer

Comment

Today was a great day in the gym. The WF gave me a big kick in the butt, definitely got the stim out of it. It was legs day, so I got through 5x6 of snatch grip Deadlift, dynamic lunge, & step-up's. Hit a new high on deadlift, actually went 40 lbs over what I normally do for the final 4 sets. I felt real strong on lunges when normally I feel weak and just want to quit.

Day 2 of WF is a big success. Looking forward to friday for my next workout.

Comment

Today was day 3 on WF/GM combo. It also marked the first day I did a full serving of WF...and wow. I think its a bit much for me still. My heartrate jumped and stayed up high during the workout and is still elevated 2 hours later. I was a bit dizzy after each set and very jittery. Monday i'm going to back it down a bit until I get used to it more.

As for the workout, I felt a ton of energy and real strong. Chin-ups, barbell shoulder press, wide grip lats, chek press, & towel hammer curls. Great workout, definitely the strongest i've felt in the gym. Next week will be a better meter to compare against this week.

Will keep updating...

Comment

Down boy! Take it slow.
                  laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Working...
                  X