Bulking diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulking diet

I'm a guy, 6'1", 30 years old, and I am looking to put on mass, strength, and power. I would like to get to between 210 to 225lbs. and I have a long way to go since I have dropped down to 150lbs. because of a knee injury. I will be on the 5x5 program with cardio on the off days. Here is my bulk diet:

Wanted to also give you a look at my bulking meal plan I have so far and ask what improvements I need to make to it.

Meal 1: 8 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, banana

Meal 2: 6oz. cooked ground beef or turkey, slice of fat free cheese, green veggies OR protein shake made of 2 scoops whey and 1 cup grounded oats with a handful of almonds

Meal 3: 2 cans of tuna, green veggies, apple, 1 tbsp. olive oil

Meal 4 (preworkout): Shake made of 2 scoops whey and either 1 cup ground oats or palatinose OR a chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat bread

Meal 5 (postworkout): Shake made of 2 scoops whey and 80 grams of dextrose

Meal 6: 6oz. cooked chicken breast, green veggies, 1 tbsp. olive oil

Meal 7: 50 grams casein protein with 2 tbsp. natural peanut butter

I think it may be too low on carbs and too high in fat but want to ask you to see.
    "My pain is self chosen."-Mad Season
    "When it's game time, it's pain time baby."-Terry Tate

With a couple minor tweaks I could cut on that diet...damn

I imagine at 150lbs you could probably bulk on that. Looks pretty clean to me. If you're not used to that much protein you might wanna add more fruit and green veggies or you'll be passing bricks till your body gets used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mers
      With a couple minor tweaks I could cut on that diet...damn

I imagine at 150lbs you could probably bulk on that. Looks pretty clean to me. If you're not used to that much protein you might wanna add more fruit and green veggies or you'll be passing bricks till your body gets used to it.
      I'll add more veggies and fruit to it. What other things should I add to it if it looks more like a cutting diet than a bulk one?
      "My pain is self chosen."-Mad Season
      "When it's game time, it's pain time baby."-Terry Tate

Comment

Originally posted by glb
        I'll add more veggies and fruit to it. What other things should I add to it if it looks more like a cutting diet than a bulk one?
        No that's fine as is for 150lber with some extra veggies and fruit. Maybe try some of the mass gainer supps from one of the general supplements threads. I'm close to 140lbs heavier than you. That's why I could cut on it. I'm an easy gainer if I don't keep the diet in check I pack on weight easily sadly it's not always muscle if I don't keep it clean.

Comment

your bulking diet looks shoddy. try these: eat a shit load of food withour regarding how much bodyfat you put on as long as your adding significant muscle and getting a hell of alot stronger. try a gallon of whole milk every 1-2 days. then when you hit your size/strength goals, spend a few weeks doing tempo runs/ football conditioning to get shredded. don't buy into the steady state cardio craze it makes you small and weak if implemented properly. hybrid conditioning at a high intensity with short rest intervals is the way to go to preserve muscle and shed excess fat.

just realized the original post is crazy old haha
          --lllll--------lllll--
          IRON MIND

Comment

Working...
          X