Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f***

Holy shit... another tragedy.

"NANAIMO, B.C (CP) -- A man is dead after a bar attack in Nanaimo.
    Emergency crews were called to the Grizzle Bar just after 2 a.m.

Police say Michael Brophy of Gabriola Island was assaulted by a group of men inside the bar half an hour before emergency crews arrived.
    The 20-year-old was left unconscious after the fight and taken outside by bar staff.
    Brophy was taken to local hospital and then to Victoria for treatment, but died Saturday afternoon.
    The investigation continues and police are asking witnesses to come forward.
    (BN)"

I hear from friends that he did nothing more than move a ball on a pool table and got the shit beaten out of him by two brothers who recently turned themselves in. Not sure who else was involved, but apparently the notorious bouncers at this bar were involved as well. I'm taken away by this bullshit. I can't believe it. Why do people do this? I've never seen this kid NOT smiling. Did I mention that he had become so braindead that while he was in the helicopter, they had apparently decided that they would undoubtedly have to "pull the plug" on him.

As if things couldn't be any worse, he just graduated from a culinary program at the local college. Thinking back on our highschool days (he was in multiple classes of mine each year), he was most notibly in lots of my cooking classes. I remember slinging balls of dough across the room at each other, pissing off the cooking teacher and copying off eachothers' homework in our other classes... this kid was a good guy. lol. Good memories for sure.

They used to call him the gentle giant. He was a little bit of a strange guy, really tall so he literally stood out in a crowd. But I could never see why anyone would become violent towards him. I couldn't harm this young man if I had tried, he's too nice. RIP Michael. *sigh*

In case anyone remembers from my GM log another childhood friend, Daniel Hahto, passed away in the summer. I can't believe how many f***ing lives have been lost in such a short period of time. In the last few years I was in highschool, there were nearly a dozen suicides as well. This community has definitely been rocked by these losses. And Michael will surely be missed. Not particularly sure why I'm posting this, but I need to vent and would like to share a few nice words about this guy.

I'm off to bed now though... trying to fight back the tears while I finish my protein shake. Peace out, CL forum. Sorry if I'm a bummer.

It is pretty sad, sorry to hear about it man. We never had the suicides in HS but a few frieds did die from other causes. I had a good friend that was found out in a desert wiht antifreeze in his system. This guys was one of the coolest people you would ever know.

Comment

thats just horrible. I'm so sorry to hear it
      Guess you learn not to take your friends or your life for granted ey?
      some people just have no souls

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Damn

Comment

Sad shit... found out today that it was a guy from my elementary school that killed him. He and his older brother attacked him and the bar staff was suspected to be involved. A friend has a video. Time will tell.

Comment

dam bro that sucks sh*t

yea i probly shouldnt be saying it.. but its cyber space and no one knows who i am.. but one of my really good friends who we used to call each other brothers is now sitting on death row in asia..we are still good friends we just walked down different paths..

sigh "such is life" said Ned Kelly, guess we all have to look at this and be more careful in what we do...

my condolances to the family of the guy who has just passed on
              Space cowboy!

Just about to get my motorbike so i havnt been active much on CL im sorry will attack asap! hahamauhahahaha

I like Finger sandwhiches after a good meal haha muahaha

Comment

Yeah, no kidding. What a way to rock the community.

People now-a-days are SO incredibly narrow minded and egotistical. I used to feel really alienated back in the day because I felt as if I were more spiritually aware or universally cognizant.... people don't realize that their actions have repurcussions.

These two young men, the bouncers and probably a few more people just took a young life. They can't erase these actions. The deeds been done and now everyones families are grieving and really distraught. Everyone should remember that we're all brothers and sisters. Save fighting for professional organizations. This is why I avoid bars and confrontation.

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
                  some people just have no souls
                  ...Or shouldn't.
                  "Usually when people think they are holding a lot of water, they are just holding a lot of fat." -Mr. Aries

Yellow Neuphoria! (Complete)
                  http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post13021541
                  -or-
                  http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/s...ead.php?t=1780

Comment

Working...
                  X