For Timberwolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Timberwolf

Timberwolf, what is your secret to your super leanness and vascularity? What training routine do you take on and how do you eat? I trying to get in bodybuilding shape so I can compete in 2009 but I am lost on what to do. Thanks.

Originally posted by Dieselman View Post
    Timberwolf, what is your secret to your super leanness and vascularity? What training routine do you take on and how do you eat? I trying to get in bodybuilding shape so I can compete in 2009 but I am lost on what to do. Thanks.
    There is no secret and there is no perfect routine.
    Yes, there are some programs and routines more suited to our goals then others. But being consistent and progressively increasing weight or reps in chosen exercises on a flawed program and paying attention to your nutrition will still net you more gains than missing workouts on a superior program with a haphazard diet. Of course, ideally you'd have both.
    Honestly though, playing around with different programs and finding one what suits you is part of the fun. At least for me. Whatever program you do choose though, train with sincerity.
    Its not a coincidence that I've made my best gains where I've only missed workouts 2 weeks straight and only three times in the last 10 years.

Some tips you'll hopefully find helpful:
    1) When training there is generally an inverse relationship between volume and intensity. The higher your volume the lower your intensity and vice versa.
    Beginners would probably be best of finding a middle ground.
    2) Overtraining IMO is over attributed. What many have to understand is you have to give your body time to also adapt to higher volume training.
    3) In terms of nutrition your overall calories and protein intake I give the most importance.
    a) Adjust your protein to your carb intake. The higher the carb intake, the less protein you can get away with, but the lower your carb intake the more protein you need to consume since carbs are protein sparing. Generally I would try to keep my protein intake anywhere between 1g per lb of lean mass on a high carb diet and 1.5g per lb of bodyweight on a low carb or keto diet.
    b) Nutrient timing including meal frequency an dpost workout nutrition I would list third in terms of importance. Eating more frequently while helping steady blood sugar levels does not increase your metabolism.
    c) The source of your macros and calories I list as a distant fourth in terms of importance.

Probably missing some points... ask away and I'll try to adress them. Hope that helps.
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    Looks for the ads, coming soon!
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

I read a post about you having a diet experiment and eating fried stuff on non cheat days and even having a cheat day once everyweek. I can't stand even having a cheat meal and you have a cheat day! How did you stay low lean and cut during that trial?

Comment

I read a post about you having a diet experiment and eating fried stuff on non cheat days and even having a cheat day once everyweek. I can't stand even having a cheat meal and you have a cheat day! How did you stay low lean and cut during that trial?
        Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
        c) The source of your macros and calories I list as a distant fourth in terms of importance.
        I did track my total calories and macros throughout with the exception of the cheat day. Nowadays when I cut I prefer keeping my calories higher though it does take longer. During that experiment... I think I was down to 2000 calories per day. Recently I kept my calories at 2400-2500 and IMO was as lean but with less lean mass sacrificed. I currently have two cheat days per week still but track my calories on those cheat days too...
        kane@controlledlabs.com
        www.controlledlabs.com

Comment

Thanks very helpful. I also notice how you are not only lean but you have some how cause your abs to hypertrophied and also you have veins on your abs. How do you do that? Did you do 100 crunches and sit ups or do you use heavy weights for that?

Comment

Thanks very helpful. I also notice how you are not only lean but you have some how cause your abs to hypertrophied and also you have veins on your abs. How do you do that? Did you do 100 crunches and sit ups or do you use heavy weights for that?
            Your welcome.
            I have experimented with higher reps for abs but generally sets of 10 hanging leg raise is my main exercise. Generally combo of genetics, low bodyfat and
            carb and water manipulation.
            kane@controlledlabs.com
            www.controlledlabs.com

Comment

Meaning its ok to get protein even though its from junk food?

Comment

cheat meals are very important for your prolonged adherence to a strict nutrition plan.

Comment

Kane I have a question about the thing you ate with Nutella. Is Nutella bad for you? I have here saying that it contains 190 calories and 100 from fat. And only 3 g of fat and 21 g of sugar.

Comment

Kane I have a question about the thing you ate with Nutella. Is Nutella bad for you? I have here saying that it contains 190 calories and 100 from fat. And only 3 g of fat and 21 g of sugar.
                    Nutella is definitely not the best but tastes like it.
                    All I'm mostly concerned about is my totals in terms of calories and macros.
                    I can fit in several servings even if I limit my total carb intake to 200g.
                    kane@controlledlabs.com
                    www.controlledlabs.com

Comment

Oh. so you eat that for calories. what i meant was isn't the sugar part in it bad? maybe good for a postwork. i bought it though and can't disagree with the taste also.

Comment

Working...
                      X