Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you actually use a scale to measure out all of your meals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you actually use a scale to measure out all of your meals?

looking to see what the majority of you do to manage your caloric intake ... and recommend a scale if you have a strong preference for one
    jdouchebag for president

I dont personally, but my butler JEEVES does. He cooks all the food here. He uses a scale.
    If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

I dont measure out my meals, but i have a digital scale and it is very good quality. digi weigh model dw-250BX

it even has a blue light in the panel so you can use it at night time (this was very handy for me..)

measures in grams,oz, ozt & dwt ( i forget what they are, i never used)

good scale site:
      http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/in...on=Custom&ID=5

Comment

Do have scales that can tell you the protein in your food by the weight of it. I mean for example say you type in chicken in the scale and then it weighs 14 ounces, do they have ones that can read out the calories, protein and etc. of that peice. IF not that would be an awsome Idea. If they do, post a link where I can get one of those bad boys. JEEVES better worried now, IF I can get one of those, he will be out the door faster then your momma in a dodgeball tournament., that is fast
        If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

i just read the side of the tins

j/k

really dont think ya need to be that anal about the whole thing.....bb is supposed to be a fun lifestyle.

Comment

i really dont have the time to weigh each individual meal but i guess it is a good way to keep track of your intake...
            i just estimate by how much meat i purchase at the deli

Comment

Originally posted by sliding-hachi
              i really dont have the time to weigh each individual meal but i guess it is a good way to keep track of your intake...
              i just estimate by how much meat i purchase at the deli

i'm pretty much the same way, but I know that some ppl actually measure out each meal to determine exact fat, carb, protein ratios and total calories ... due to spending too much time on the forums, I don't have the time to do all that
              jdouchebag for president

Comment

I have done it, its a pain in the ass sometimes!

I suppose its good when cutting if you really need to check yourself but I dont do it anymore. It gets stressful with 3 kids & trying to plan stuff out, weighing your food etc...(I can eyeball most things now) but I'm not into doing it, unless I have to.
                What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

i have a scale but i hardly use it.. I don't wanna wash it 5 times a day!

me thinks i need a woman quick
                  www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

I only use a scale when I'm overhauling my diet- but once I've weighed stuff once or twice and tweaked servings/ingredients etc I don't bother with a scale anymore.

Obviously bulk supplement powders is a different issue and I weigh any powders I'm using daily.

Comment

Originally posted by strester
                      i'm pretty much the same way, but I know that some ppl actually measure out each meal to determine exact fat, carb, protein ratios and total calories ... due to spending too much time on the forums, I don't have the time to do all tha
                      t
                      yeh im the same. As long as im pushing up the weight im pushing and drop the weight im carrying, im happy
                      You dont get results sitting outside

Comment

Never have.. never will. I try to keep the simple things simple, so I keep my diet very consistent (boring).... I guess that helps.

I do have a digital scale, but I don't use it for food.

Comment

same here, kill the taste buds! u'll be hapopy!
                          "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog", Mark Twain.

Transformation about to begin>>> BB.com
                          http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...641613&page=10

Comment

I'm good with estimating portions of meat, and for things I can put in measuring cups, I do that. The only time I use a scale is when I'm at work and want to weigh out 6oz of sliced deli meats or something.
                            Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                            Couples who squat together stay together.

Comment

I never really used a scale for portioning food before, but i was on a super bulk cycle like my highest weight was like 340 when i power lifting.
                              but now I'm down to 260 trying to cut to 220 I'm more into the bodybuilder life style 5 to 6 day split routine 6 meals a day, measure every meal till i get it right.
                              i cook 2 times a week since my work schedule is Sunday Through Thursday 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM i cook for the week in the morning on Sunday and Tuesday,which are my days off at the gym my food usually consist of like boiled chicken,broiled steak,broiled fish,baked fish,brown rice,broccoli,spinach,red potatoes,Brussels sprouts,sweet potato's,Oates,protein,

Comment

Working...
                              X