Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pt's Cytosport - Cytogainer - Cookies n Cream review

Summary:

FIRST OF ALL, for the record, I do NOT recommend using ANY "weight gainer" except as an absolute LAST RESORT. In my case, I am experimenting, trying to increase my appetite (see below), in order to get past a plateau. The plan is to mix the cytogainer with some unflavored WPC-80 to make the container last longer than the 18 servings.

Taste:

Even without modifying it with additional WPC-80, this stuff does NOT taste like cookies n cream ice cream, so don't get your hopes up too high. It tastes good, yes, but there is nothing "cookie" or "cream" about it. It tastes 100 x better when blended with peanut butter. I highly recommend mixing it with peanut butter and skim milk. Luckily, the flavor IS strong enough to completely mask any "whey" taste or aftertaste, and yet the sweetness isn't overpowering like Dymatize. It does not leave a sticky feeling / film on the teeth either. It definately mixes well too, MUCH, MUCH better than other weight gainers I had used in the past (as a stupid n00b). For those that are interested, yes it even tastes good mixed with water.. however.. this is a weight gainer... so mix it with milk.

The ONLY positive thing (if you can call it a positive) about the maltodextrins and other sugars in weight gainers, is that by f'ing with your insulin, you become constantly hungry. So in a f'd up way, they can increase appetite.... I know...

CytoCarb IIª (CytoSport's unique combination of branching as well as long linear chain maltodextrins with very low "DE" (Dextrose Equivalence) providing a complex carbohydrate source approximately 96.5% sugar-free)

i have 5.9 pounds of this crap still, and it taste horrible.

interesting though about the peanut butter, i have to try it since i cannot sell it.
    17 year old FREAKST

SUPPLEMENTS.NET REP

Comment

if you consume that product frequently enough; you should enjoy it by the end of the 5.9lbs

-- psychological habituation

Comment

I just picked up some MM light (banana creme) gonna start it monday.
        A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Update on the MM light.

Price - Pretty pricey. $25 for 15 servings, or 30 if you use one scoop, which is what I'm doing.

Taste - First thing I noticed is the smell, smelled like a big batch of Bannana pudding, my favorite. First serving was with FF Milk and 2 scoops, shook it for a while, but still didnt desolve fully, so I shook it for another minute before it all desolved. Now, I'm mixing 1 scoop Dymatize Butter Toffee + 1 scoop MM Light Bannana Creme and it tastes just like bannana bread, only in liquid form. Not bad, but I wouldnt make it a production flavor.

I would recommend it if you can afford that price, but you cant go wrong with MM
          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
            Now, I'm mixing 1 scoop Dymatize Butter Toffee + 1 scoop MM Light Bannana Creme and it tastes just like bannana bread, only in liquid form.
            Hot damn !!! Sounds delish !

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
              Summary:
              The ONLY positive thing (if you can call it a positive) about the maltodextrins and other sugars in weight gainers, is that by f'ing with your insulin, you become constantly hungry. So in a f'd up way, they can increase appetite.... I know...
              ??? is that true? cause i try everything to increase appetite and nothing works with me! black hole did NOTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by 212121
                ??? is that true? cause i try everything to increase appetite and nothing works with me! black hole did NOTHING!
                You can try eating lots of salads. Lettuce supposedly stretches your stomach. Eat a few lbs of salad once a day for a week. It might work (I got this tip from a competitive eater)

Comment

Working...
                X