Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting back into it...let's get big again with the help of CL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back into it...let's get big again with the help of CL!

Alright, a little background first...

At the age of 16 I was a large, albeit soft 280lb dude who had played baseball and basketball my whole life, but never played the sport I should've been...football. I decided to try-out my senior year, and knew the first time I played my junior year that I wanted to try and play in college, and I barely even played my junior year, so I know I had work to do. I joined bb.com first and soon became a regular there, am, avant, athletes.com, and several other sites and started working my ass off and learning/reading everything I could about training, diet, and supplementation.

I usually did a Westside-based program and ate, and ate, and ate, did lots of plyos and sprints, and ate. Going into my senior year I had pretty much transformed into a pretty strong and athletic 290lb offensive/defensive lineman. Well, in my only year of h.s. football I made all-state and ended up going to a local combine and putting up some pretty impressive numbers so I got a few full-ride scholarship offers as an offensive lineman. Well, in 2005 I ended up accepting one to a private d-1aa school and thats when I really started to train like a man over that winter, summer, and fall...including a couple of ph cycles (SD, Max LMG) and got pretty strong and topped out at 334lbs. at one point over the summer before fall camp. At the test-outs before the season I set all my current PR's...Bench 345x5, Squat 455x6, Clean 315x4 and ran a 4.92 and VJ 30". I was happy where I was physically and feeling pretty good.

Well, that all soon ended. Right before the semester ended in December of 2005, I got kicked out of school for some very unpleasant reasons. Well, now I had no reason to train and didn't...but I kept my diet mostly clean (even a bit of starvation looking back) since I had no reason to keep the size. Over the last 3 years or so I've lost over 100lbs, which is good for my health, but I lost A LOT of muscle...insane amounts. I did train very sporadically, but I'm basically still untrained. Until recently.

My friends all talked me into doing the Toughman Competition a couple of months ago, simply because I would always beat the brakes off of them every time we would mess around and box...so I picked up training again, I finally had a reason to. Well, I lost to the guy who won the whole damn thing, but I was the only one he didn't knock out and actually it was a pretty close fight...I think I'm close to being a contender in this thing, I just want to get that physicality that I once had back for next year...also, I simply want to get thick and cut like I've never been before...with the help of CL

My phases for doing this will be as follows:
    Now-End of April: Clean Bulk
    May and June: Cut/recomp
    July-Oct: recomp/fight training emphasis

Training
    For now, I'm doing a four day split...
    Mon: Chest
    Tues: Back/Bi
    Wed: Off
    Thurs: shoulders/tris
    Fri: Legs
    Sat/Sun: Off

My rep/set format will be:
    Weeks 1-2: 3x8
    Weeks 3-4: 4x6
    Weeks 5-6: 5x5
    Weeks 7-8: 6x3

After 8 weeks I will change my w/o, probably to Westside...but maybe to a fortified-iron based workout, not decided yet. A more detailed description of workouts will be given daily. Cardio will consist of sprints, tempo runs, sparring, and bag work.

Edit: Decided, I'm doing HST for 6 weeks after this current w/o...then W4SB after that until recomp/cut time.

Diet:
    For now (clean bulk phase) I'll be around 3000 cals at ~350gr/pro, <200gr/cho, ~100gr/lipids. My main carb sources will be dairy, oats, granola and the like and very carefully timed. If an in-depth diet breakdown is requested, I will provide. I'm very confident in my ability to eat perfectly and keep track of it on my own, this log is more for my workouts and pics and progression really. I will, however note any deviations from my diet. ie cheat meals, too much time between meals, etc, as these will be few and far between.

Supplementation:
    For the next month or probably until the new year, my only supplements will be multi, fish oil, and my ON Whey (I have a 2lb tub of EVERY flavor ). After that month, I'm gonna do my old stand-by...the Green Bulge/White Blood stack (yes, the originals ) and I'll go from there. At some point I will do the new Mag/Flood stack, but it will be later. Also, my cut will include Reduction...I'll be playing with all the CL products (and some others) the whole time...and everything I use will get a little blurb about it in the daily updates. I love playing with different supps and I've got a pretty diverse supp history outside of all the stims, I tend to steer clear of them...but I haven't really used anything in over two years, so I still like the original CL stuff and things like Omega Thunder and all the older stuff...I'm excited to get back into my official pastime...blowing money on supplements!!!! lol

Anyway, pics and beginning stats coming this week they will be updated every 8 weeks.
    Last edited by dbish77; 11-17-2008, 07:57 PM.
    Toughman 2008 Competitor...Why'd I have to fight the winner of the WHOLE THING in the first fight?!?! Training for next year...

Tom. morning will be all my starting measurements/weight etc.

Chest:
    Flat BB Bench 225x8x2 205x8x1 (god it's embarrassing to put weights up)
    Inc DB Bench 80x8x3
    Dec DB Flies 40x8x3
    Cable Crossovers (using home machine that uses plates) 1plate+25 on each side x8x3
    3-way crunchesx2
    flutterkicksx2

Comments: I'm just now getting back into lifting, as most of my training lately up to now has been sparring, heavy bag work, and sprints...but I felt fine for using feather-weight I guess. I was barely able to get the second set of the flat bench out, the eighth rep was so strained I thought I was gonna fail. Otherwise went smoothly I guess...kind of a low volume workout. Will pick up as I go...Oh yeah, and diet was spot-on today.
    Last edited by dbish77; 11-17-2008, 09:37 PM.
    Toughman 2008 Competitor...Why'd I have to fight the winner of the WHOLE THING in the first fight?!?! Training for next year...

Comment

Couldn't find tape measure...bought one just a bit ago, so it'll be tom...but I weighed in at 221.5, I'm a little over 6'4".

Anyway, the workout...

Bentover BB Row: 185x8x3
      Chin-ups: bwxfailx3
      Standing DB Curls: 45x8x3 (god my bis are weak!)
      Reverse Flies: 20x8x1, 25x8x2
      21's: barx3
      Hanging leg raises 20x3

Comments: Bleh, today has been a CRAPPY day...but I do start my new job tonight...anyway W/O went alright...ate way a lot today, about a half pound of PB!!!!

Comment

Ok, measurments taken first thing upon waking on an empty stomach, unflexed:

Height/Weight: 6'4 3/4" 223lbs
        Waist: (at bellybutton) 34"
        Arms: 15 1/2"
        Chest: 45"
        Thigh: 26"
        Calf: 17 1/2"

Just hit the heavybag today, off day otherwise.

Comment

oh, hai

Comment

goodluck

Comment

Party time now stfu and lift!!!!
              Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Sorry, I've got updates, still following log...just need to type em out lol

Comment

Working...
                X