Basketball Conditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball Conditioning

Well you guys know I have shin splints pretty bad and basketball starts next month and I have to change up my conditioning from short sprints to distance. Well, I figured since I have to take alot of pain killiers for my shin splints I could give them a break and stay off of them for the month I have. Is there someway I could conditon to have endurance without running? I was thinking the stepper could get the job done. I wasnt sure so I thought I would ask you guys.
    Last edited by Alerux; 10-14-2006, 11:54 PM.
    i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

eewwww cant read
    A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

its okay, man. I feel your pain. Iz is illiterate too lol jk man! Color or what?

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

mostly size...

stair steppers, gliders...and swimming will have much less impact on your shins while strengthening your lungs for basketball.

Comment

OH! Swimming! I never thought of that one. Im not a very good swimmer but I will do it. Gliders....hmm....are those things that you run on and the things you put your feet on swing in a circle?

Comment

yep...they're also called elipiticals

Comment

Swimming ?
              Biking ?

Comment

Alright guys thanks. Hopefully it will give my shins enough time to go back to 1 painkiller.

Comment

Shin splints are caused by a drop in the arch of your foot. So, lay off of running per sey and switch to non impact cardio such as the stair stepper and indoor swimming. If you do live in Colorado then I doubt you would want to swim outdoors in the up and coming months. On the elliptical runner act like you are in a game. Do short sprints to signal running up and down the court and slow done for your half court game. Good luck and if the pain gets to much see a MD. To many pain meds can kill ya. Yes, even extended Tylenol and Advil use. We have a pt in my ICU who used the "recommended amount of Tylenol extra stregnth and is not doing to well. If ya can read between the lines. So, be careful.
                  Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Now to my question, now when should I do what? Can someone put up a simple routine that can get me into good shape? Im already pretty good its just not endurance. Thanks again...reps to whoever makes one

Comment

Another way to help with the shin splints is to sit on a washer and take a bucket, put the handle on your toes and do curls. This helps strengthen the muscles in the front of the shin. Also walking backwards on a treadmill.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/80/96441.htm
                      http://www.hughston.com/hha/a_13_4_6.htm
                      http://walking.about.com/cs/medleg/ht/htshinsplints.htm

Comment

No one can put together a schedule for me? I think im going to swim laps but how many should I do? Until I cant do anymore?

Comment

Working...
                        X