BSN Syntha-6 protein Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSN Syntha-6 protein Review

Supporting big business, in the game of supplements, seems to be frowned upon by serious bodybuilders. Poor quality of 'big name brands' is not the sales deterrent in this case. Usually it is poor formulation, high prices, a moral obligation to support 'the little guys' and a general need to seperate from the 'sheep' that buy the products because Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler endorse them.

In any case, I buy my products for the taste, nutrient profile (ingredients), and price. What's in a name?

And BSN's line of protein shakes seem to have all of these in check.

BSN Syntha-6 Review : Chocolate Milk Shake

Serving Size: 1 Rounded Scoop (44g)
    Servings Per Container: 30

Calories 200 / Calories from fat 50 / Total Fat 6g / Saturated Fat 2g / Cholesterol 60mg 20% / Carbohydrates 13g / Dietary Fiber 5g / Sugar 2g / Protein 23g

Sustained release ultra-premium protein matrix comprised of (ultra-filtereed whey protein concentrate (milk) rich in lactalbumin, microfiltered whey protein isolate (milk) rich in whey isolate peptide fractions, calcium caseinate, micellar alpha and beta caseinates (milk), milk protein isolate (milk), and egg albumen (egg), glutamine peptides), richmix sunflower powder, Litesse II Polydextrose, natural and artificial flavors, nutrisperse MCT powder, cellulose gum, natural vegetable color, sucralose (splenda), acesulfame potassium, lecithin soy, aminogen, and papain.
    Taste - 8/10
    This tastes rather good. Most of the chocolate proteins I've had such as Optimum Nutrition and other WHEY brands, you've been able to taste the protein and that's a definate turn off when your drinking it 2-4 times per day. This has enough calories, carbs and fat to mask the taste of the protein while keeping it healthy. If you mix it with a small amount of milk, it's almost reminscient of a thick chocolate malt shake. One of the better tasting proteins out there, IMO.

Price - 6/10
    While the price could be better, $25 for 30 servings isn't too bad; it's about the normal price range for a high grade protein.

Mixing - 9/10
    This powder is a very fine, light and fluffy powder. It does not clump in the bottle or the shaker.

Overall - 8/10
    I like this product because it contains approx. 200 calories; higher than a normal protein blend. It contains 13g carbs, enough to hold you over after a workout until you eat. The protein source seems to be a high grade; ultra-filtered whey protein concentrate, Micellar alpha and beta case-ins, micro-filtered WPI, egg albumen, calcium caseinate, and milk protein concentrate.

This sustained-release protein by BSN seems to be a complete package. It's a simple, affordable blend while keeping the flavor very tastey. I've opted for sustained-release blends lately, and this one is the best one I've tried.

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
    Supporting big business, in the game of supplements, seems to be frowned upon by serious bodybuilders. Poor quality of 'big name brands' is not the sales deterrent in this case. Usually it is poor formulation, high prices, a moral obligation to support 'the little guys' and a general need to seperate from the 'sheep' that buy the products because Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler endorse them.

In any case, I buy my products for the taste, nutrient profile (ingredients), and price. What's in a name?

And BSN's line of protein shakes seem to have all of these in check.

BSN Syntha-6 Review : Chocolate Milk Shake

Taste - 8/10
    This tastes rather good. Most of the chocolate proteins I've had such as Optimum Nutrition and other WHEY brands, you've been able to taste the protein and that's a definate turn off when your drinking it 2-4 times per day. This has enough calories, carbs and fat to mask the taste of the protein while keeping it healthy. If you mix it with a small amount of milk, it's almost reminscient of a thick chocolate malt shake. One of the better tasting proteins out there, IMO.

Price - 6/10
    While the price could be better, $25 for 30 servings isn't too bad; it's about the normal price range for a high grade protein.

Mixing - 9/10
    This powder is a very fine, light and fluffy powder. It does not clump in the bottle or the shaker.

Overall - 8/10
    I like this product because it contains approx. 200 calories; higher than a normal protein blend. It contains 13g carbs, enough to hold you over after a workout until you eat. The protein source seems to be a high grade; ultra-filtered whey protein concentrate, Micellar alpha and beta case-ins, micro-filtered WPI, egg albumen, calcium caseinate, and milk protein concentrate.

This sustained-release protein by BSN seems to be a complete package. It's a simple, affordable blend while keeping the flavor very tastey. I've opted for sustained-release blends lately, and this one is the best one I've tried.
    I agree. I tried the sample thrown in by island supp's, Vanilla flavor, and it tasted pretty awesome with 1 cup of skim milk. I found myself rather suprised by how good it tasted and was very tolerable.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
      I agree. I tried the sample thrown in by island supp's, Vanilla flavor, and it tasted pretty awesome with 1 cup of skim milk. I found myself rather suprised by how good it tasted and was very tolerable.
      I actually ended up buying the Syntha-6 and Lean Dessert (great deal @ around $15) after tasting the samples from Yancey too. The True Mass tasted AWESOME however I don't beleive the cost is worth it on THAT particular product.

Comment

I might have to break down and get the Synta-6. However, I am also comparing to prices at trueprotein.com and making my own mixes.
        Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
          I might have to break down and get the Synta-6. However, I am also comparing to prices at trueprotein.com and making my own mixes.

I've never ordered from there, but the idea of making your own protein mix is pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
          X