Gre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gre

anyone take the GRE (graduate school test.. i forget what it stands for)

i take it on monday, could use some pointers..

i kinda studied the format about 2months ago before college started..

and im gonna take a practice test today and review a book i bought tomorrow.. than its test timee haha

graduate record exam

This depends on what scores you need to get into your program. I only needed 400's in both Math and Verbal to get into my program so I didn't study much.

Things to study: Kaplan has a list of common GRE words...study them, know their definition, and use them in the essay. The math portion: freshen up on your formulas.

If the scores you need are high, buy the Kaplan and other testing help books and study your ass off.

Also, talk to your program about these scores and what they mean to acceptance. The minimums for my program are just that, once I scored above 400 on each, I got in. Other programs look at minimums and laugh, we had one girl in my grad program who wanted to get into the Psych program and scored above their minimum test standards and didn't get in because of test scores...go figure. So go talk to admissions and primary professors for your program and get all the info before taking the test.

Good luck!

Comment

got a 600 on the quanitative and 400 on verbal..

i think my essays were stellar tho; im a great BSer.

i duno if you can mix n match test scores, but im gonna retake in november and try to learn the vocab in the kaplan book for it..

Comment

5.5 out of 6 on the essay.

pimmmmp.

it prolly would of been a 6 but they saw i suck at verbal and figured i used these big words but had no fucking clue what they meant.

Comment

lol Nice!

Are those scores good enough to get you into the program you want?

Comment

most schools say like 1000 minimium and the average is like 600/600 ..

we'll see soon. I'm retaking the GRE in nov again, trying to study some verbal stuff til than.

i think that wilth my campus involvement and QPA i should be good for most schools though, my resume is pretty intense (im kind of a big deal).

Comment

Working...
            X