Renegade's New Log / Green MAG & Purple WRAATH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XenoWang
    Definitely the way to go. But on that note, you sure using Cytogainer is the best idea for lean gains? I think you'd be better off replacing those calories with other nutrient sources.
    Yeah, I only use the Cytogainer post workout and in the AM...and I only use about 2 scoops of it (40g carbs) for the extra cals too. Its a cheap & easy addition to my shakes.

What do you recommend instead?
    Last edited by RenegadeRows; 10-31-2006, 01:17 PM.

Comment

My primary gripe with gainers like Cytogainer is that they use maltodextrin as their primary carb source. I'm not a big fan of malto at all, especially if you're taking it any time other than post-workout. At the very least I'd drop it from the morning. IMHO, ideally all your carbs should be coming from oats, brown rice, yams, etc along with plenty of veggies in your meals. Maltodextrin + dextrose works great for some post-workout but like I said, I'm not a fan personally (and I used dextrose + malto for 2.5 years or so so it's simply the way I respond to it that makes me not like it).

Post-workout would be the only time I'd be ok with spiking insulin, otherwise I prefer to keep insulin levels fairly moderate with low-GI carbs + veggies. Plus there's nothing I enjoy more than a nice big warm bowl of oatmeal and whey. No joke, I'd totally use it as 90% of my diet if I could.

Comment

Cool ... Thanks for your post Xeno. I'll def keep it mind!

Comment

Originally posted by XenoWang
          My primary gripe with gainers like Cytogainer is that they use maltodextrin as their primary carb source. I'm not a big fan of malto at all, especially if you're taking it any time other than post-workout. At the very least I'd drop it from the morning. IMHO, ideally all your carbs should be coming from oats, brown rice, yams, etc along with plenty of veggies in your meals. Maltodextrin + dextrose works great for some post-workout but like I said, I'm not a fan personally (and I used dextrose + malto for 2.5 years or so so it's simply the way I respond to it that makes me not like it).

Post-workout would be the only time I'd be ok with spiking insulin, otherwise I prefer to keep insulin levels fairly moderate with low-GI carbs + veggies. Plus there's nothing I enjoy more than a nice big warm bowl of oatmeal and whey. No joke, I'd totally use it as 90% of my diet if I could.
          ^^^^^Bump on the oats and yams
          The Untergrund...from 157lb civilian to 5'10 192lbs of guerilla warfare mechanic guarding the Republic of Korea

Lead follow or get out of the way.

I FULLY ENDORSE GREEN MAGNITUDE
          If it has liquid in it I probably slipped some Green Mag in it.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=spirit3530

Comment

Day 28 Tuesday (BACK/TRAPS)

Measurements/Info
            BF: n/a
            Weight: 163lbs
            Approx. 200g protein
            Approx. 2g water

Supplementation
            1/2 scoop GM + 2/3 scoop Pre workout
            6 caps Powerfull
            Syntha-6 Protein + Cytogainer twice a day
            Multi vitamin / 2 caps Green Tea / 2 caps Fish Oil with Dinner

Workout
            3X6 CHINS
            4X3 CHINS (+15LBS)
            3X10 DB ROWS
            3X5 BB ROWS
            5X10 LATERAL RAISES
            -supersetted with:
            5X10 BB SHRUGS

Thoughts
            I wasn't into my workout today. BLAH! Forgot to take my GG, and my powerfull pre-workout. Had a bad day, as far as work and family issues. My mind wasn't into it. Oh well, I'm glad I got around to doing something. I can't wait until we get more people at my work. We are very understaffed and the hours I'm working are burning me out and cutting into my bodybuilding.

Quote of the Day
            Energy and persistence conquer all things.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Day 29 Wednesday (REST)

Measurements/Info
              Approx. 200g protein
              Approx. 2g water

Supplementation
              1/2 scoop GM + 2/3 scoop
              6 caps Powerfull

Workout
              REST

Thoughts
              No thoughts, I felt like I was a zombie all day !

Comment

Day 30 Thursday (CHEST/TRICEPS)

Measurements/Info
                Weight: 164lbs
                Approx. 200g protein
                Approx. 2g water

Supplementation
                1/2 scoop GM + 2/3 scoop + 1 scoop GG
                6 caps Symmetry-X
                6 caps Powerfull

Workout
                2x10 Bench Press Warmups
                5x8 CloseGrip BP
                5x8 DB Flyes
                5x8 Weighted Dips

Thoughts
                So I skipped regular bench today, per getting my max up. I also cut the volume in half, partly due to the fact this week has been very hectic and tiring at work, and partly due to the fact that I'm 'deloading' in volume; cutting it down for this week to give my body a rest. The main key is listening to your body and knowing when to take it easy (depsite every attempt by your ego not to!)

I also started Symmetry-X @ 6 caps a day which I plan on bumping up to 9 caps per day next week. Felt alot of good pumps and recovery from Powerfull, and it's only going to get better adding the S-X.

Today I'll be doing core/legs.

Comment

Day 31 Friday (CORE/LEGS)

Measurements/Info
                  Approx. 200g protein
                  Approx. 2g water

Supplementation
                  1/2 scoop GM + 2/3 scoop + 1 scoop GG
                  6 caps Symmetry-X
                  6 caps Powerfull

Workout
                  2x8 Deadlifts
                  5x3 Deadlifts (working sets)
                  5x5 Box Squats
                  4x10 Donkey calf raises

Thoughts
                  Decent workout. Given the time alotted, I hit it hard. My legs and back were on fire at the end. Powerfull + Symmetry seem to be giving me good strength, however, I"m prone to gyno and think it could be aggrivating it. I'll be monitoring closely.

All the Controlled Labs supplements are working fine with no side effects whatsoever and great responses happening. CL is truly my weapon of choice.

Quote of the Day
                  Take hope from the heart of man, and you make him a beast of prey.
                  Quida

Comment

Day 32-33 Sat, Sun (REST)

Measurements/Info
                    Approx. 200g protein
                    Approx. 2g water

Supplementation
                    1/2 scoop GM + 2/3 scoop
                    6 caps Symmetry-X
                    6 caps Powerfull

Workout
                    Rest

Thoughts
                    I've officially stopped using the PFULL and Symmetry. I am prone to Gyno, and was seeing a minor flare up with high dose of those supplements.
                    The good news is, they work! It indicates a fluctuation in hormone levels when gyno gets aggrivated.
                    The bad news is, no more of that for Renegade! If anybody wants to buy an unopened bottle of Powerfull, and possibly Symmetry-X for cheap, please shoot me a PM.

Ordered some more protein powder - Syntrax's Matrix 5.0 Orange Cream. Sounds delish and is affordable. I also plan on ordering Black Hole, and White Blood (strictly before bed). It should turn into an interesting log!!!

Comment

yikes! nice log....ive been following....how long are you planning to keep this cycle? and how do you think GG and PW are working for you?
                      Green BULGE + White BLOOD

MY GB+WB Log:http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1553

Comment

Originally posted by warwithgenetics
                        yikes! nice log....ive been following....how long are you planning to keep this cycle? and how do you think GG and PW are working for you?
                        Thanks for stopping in!

I'll continue with this log/cycle until my fingers fall off, I go blind, my electricity gets shut off or Tank kicks me out.

The GG and PW are working very well. The PW+GG are giving me great results as far as workout endurance, vascularity and body composition go. I've definately noticed them working quite well, especially the GG. GM is awesome*** when it comes to strength increases.

Overall, the stack is working very well. I can't wait until I'm not working like 60 hours a week so I have time to do longer, more detailed workouts and logging.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
                          Thanks for stopping in!

I'll continue with this log/cycle until my fingers fall off, I go blind, my electricity gets shut off or Tank kicks me out.

The GG and PW are working very well. The PW+GG are giving me great results as far as workout endurance, vascularity and body composition go. I've definately noticed them working quite well, especially the GG. GM is awesome*** when it comes to strength increases.

Overall, the stack is working very well. I can't wait until I'm not working like 60 hours a week so I have time to do longer, more detailed workouts and logging.
                          Awesome !!

Comment

very nice log
                            looking foward to read it every day of your trainning

Comment

Originally posted by Logiabs~
                              very nice log
                              looking foward to read it every day of your trainning
                              Thanks alot my man ! I'm glad to hear your following along !

Comment

Day 34 Monday (REST)

Measurements/Info
                                Approx. 200g protein
                                Approx. 2g water

Supplementation
                                1/2 scoop GM + 2/3 scoop

Workout
                                Rest

Thoughts
                                Rest

Comment

Working...
                                X