Renegade's New Log / Green MAG & Purple WRAATH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XenoWang
    Hey RR, just a CL n00b dropping by. I noticed in your initial post that you're aiming for around 3000 cals a day with a 40/40/20 PCF split, yet you're averaging somewhere between 160-200g of protein a day. That's significantly under the mark if you haven't noticed. Eat up bud!
    Thanks for your comments, Xeno! Honestly, the thing I've been struggling with is my diet. Perhaps I should hire somebody to design one for me... I don't stay on track with my cal breakdown but I do try to get a gram per lb of BW. Thanks again for your post man, I'll try to get on that!

Comment

Originally posted by spirit3530
      Hey how is that powerfull working for you
      Spirit, it's been working very well. I've been on it for about 12 days now. Honestly I haven't noticed any strength increase yet, but I can definately tell it's working. Sleep is VERY deep (i'm usually a light sleeper), my libido is up, and I feel more energized during my workout.

I posted a short review here.
      http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1520

Thanks for the interest!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
        Strong work. Keep up the
        Thanks for stopping in, Iceman!

Comment

Day 24 Friday (CORE/LEGS)

Measurements/Info
          BF: n/a
          Weight: 162lbs
          Approx. 160g protein
          Approx. 2g water

Supplementation
          1/2 scoop GM + 2/3 scoop PW + 1 scoop GG Pre Workout
          6 caps Powerfull
          Syntha-6 Protein + Cytogainer twice a day
          Multi vitamin / 2 caps Green Tea / 2 caps Fish Oil with Dinner

Workout
          2x10 DeadLifts (warmup)
          2x8 DeadLifts (heavier warmup)
          5x3 DeadLifts (working sets)
          2x50 Calf raises

Thoughts
          Stuck to the basics and focused on my deadlifts. I only do deads every other week, because they tend to drain my muscular energy and wipe me out for at least 48 hours. I went up in weight this week by 10lbs. I've been adding a steady increase of 5-10lbs since I started my supplementation and training routine. Man I really love the deads, but I just started doing them this year (I know, I know) so my numbers are still small. However, I love the way it makes my body feel the day after. Practically every muscle located on my back hurt (calves, triceps, hamstrings, lats, lower back, traps) ... even my abs felt it the next day.

Supplementation is still going strong. I've noticed I have leaned out since starting the PW. Which is strange because I am eating above my maintence. This proves my "Lean" bulk is going quite well.

Quote of the Day
          "Time for the weather report. It's cold out folks. Bonecrushing cold. The kind of cold which will wrench the spirit out of a young man, or forge it into steel."
          Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider

Video for October
          Last edited by RenegadeRows; 10-28-2006, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Hey RR, I think one of the biggest favors you can ever do for yourself is to lock in your diet and use fitday.com to track everything you eat. I used to simply estimate my nutritional intake based on rough ranges and even a few flawed measuring methods (ie. measuring how much oats I was getting in terms of cups/ounces in a shaker bottle vs. weighing them out by the gram with a scale- you'd be amazed at the difference in accuracy) and believe me when I say I was basically taking in an excess of everything, haha.

Anyways, I think you can only improve your gains in strength and mass if you listed a usual meal plan, even if it varies from day to day. Having others critique and offer suggestions will probably improve your entire program. Don't worry about the criticisms, it's only the internet

Comment

Hey RR, I think one of the biggest favors you can ever do for yourself is to lock in your diet and use fitday.com to track everything you eat. I used to simply estimate my nutritional intake based on rough ranges and even a few flawed measuring methods (ie. measuring how much oats I was getting in terms of cups/ounces in a shaker bottle vs. weighing them out by the gram with a scale- you'd be amazed at the difference in accuracy) and believe me when I say I was basically taking in an excess of everything, haha.

Anyways, I think you can only improve your gains in strength and mass if you listed a usual meal plan, even if it varies from day to day. Having others critique and offer suggestions will probably improve your entire program. Don't worry about the criticisms, it's only the internet
              Thanks for the post Xeno. I've seen fitday used alot on here, and I have been thinking of using it. I think that is where my gains are lacking; my diet. I've gotten better with it, but still not there yet.

Comment

this log is so awesome, keep it up
                REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                Purple Psyko
                Gold Feast
                Blue Gene
                Blue Growth
                REDuction AM/PM Shots
                REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                Orange TRIad
                White Flood (5 Flavors)
                Black Hole
                Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                Green Bulge
                White Blood 2
                Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                Blue Up
                Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

RR, I would DEFINITELY recommend Fitday. It has helped me immensely in my contest preparation (10 days away, eek!) and I can't live without it now.

If I had to allocate the percentages of importance when it comes to quality mass gains, I'd say that (barring rest/recovery time) training is 40%, diet is 50%, and supplementation 10%. Some might disagree with how much importance I place on diet compared to training, but I'm actually inclined to put diet more at 60% with training at 30%, but that's probably pushing it. You get the point though.

Comment

RR, I would DEFINITELY recommend Fitday. It has helped me immensely in my contest preparation (10 days away, eek!) and I can't live without it now.

If I had to allocate the percentages of importance when it comes to quality mass gains, I'd say that (barring rest/recovery time) training is 40%, diet is 50%, and supplementation 10%. Some might disagree with how much importance I place on diet compared to training, but I'm actually inclined to put diet more at 60% with training at 30%, but that's probably pushing it. You get the point though.
                    Contest prep ehhh? Got any pics/threads to link bro??? Good luck btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
                      this log is so awesome, keep it up
                      Thanks alot for your comments, Tank. They mean alot !

Comment

Thanks for the good luck wish- I'll need it, haha. I won't be coming in nearly as lean as I had hoped, but this is my first contest and I'm doing it mainly for the experience. I don't plan on hardcore dieting like this for quite a while after this though, haha.

These pictures were taken at about 6+ weeks out, so I think that makes it 5 weeks from today. I'm a bit leaner than these shots, but again, not as lean as I should be...

As you can clearly see, I need to put on major mass in my chest/shoulders, arms, and calves =/

Comment

Lookin good bro! Good traps and wheels

Comment

Day 25-26 Sat-Sun (REST)

Measurements/Info
                            Weight: 163lbs
                            Approx. 200g protein
                            Approx. 2g water

Supplementation
                            1/2 scoop GM + 2/3 scoop PW once per day
                            6 caps Powerfull

Workout
                            Rest.

Thoughts
                            I was away for the weekend at my girls house. Did lots of resting, recovering and eating. My lower back, glutes and hams are still burning today (monday) from the deadlifts on Friday. I'll be hitting my upper back today and will post later on.

MY long term Ulimate Goal
                            I started off as being 5'8, 129lbs, lean, low bodyfat. I had good definition from lifting and sports @ 130lbs. My goal is simple: lean bulk. If I go all out on a bulk, I will most likely add size but I do not want to add excess fat. Therefore, since I started around 13-14% Bodyfat naturally, I'm going to clean bulk while still doing cardio. I want to add size, but do it slowly without compromising the physique I have now. I'm hoping this approach will add almost 85% muscle and little-to-no fat, therefore I won't need to do a hardcore cut later on. Once I have peaked naturally in bodyweight, I will cut it down and maintain a lean 175-185lbs.

Comment

Day 27 Mon (CARDIO)

Measurements/Info
                              Weight: 163lbs
                              Approx. 200g protein
                              Approx. 2g water

Supplementation
                              1/2 scoop GM + 2/3 scoop Pre workout
                              6 caps Powerfull

Workout
                              15 mins Heavy bag training
                              15 mins Shadowboxing

Thoughts
                              I've gotten back into boxing/martial arts again recently. I've done some form of fighting/martial arts all my life, but this past year I've put it to the side to focus on getting my weight training straight. Now that's dialed in, I've been training more on the heavy bag and using it as a cardio workout. I do not compete, nor will I ever. I train for personal reasons: self defence, confidence, strength, and health. I follow the Jeet kune do philosophy of adhering to no set system of fighting, but rather free fighting: training of attributes such as speed, coordination, timing, etc. Like Bruce said, take what works for you and dispel the rest. I'm of the mind of 'keep it simple stupid' , and I beleive it is the fighter, not the fighting style that wins a fight. Karate, kung fu, boxing; we are all built with 2 legs, 2 arms and a head. So essentially, all fighting styles are the same, they just use different techniques and disciplines/traditions.

For those who are interested, I've studied:
                              Kenpo Karate, Jeet kune do, Bak Sil Lum (Northern Shaolin), Taijiquan, Muay Thai.

I've been implementing a combination of muay thai and free-fighting (a combination of above styles) to develop speed, strength and power.

I've also noticed the PW+GM combination gave me more endurance, power, speed and focus on my heavy bag and shadowboxing. A great addition to any MMA's aresenal.

Working Back/Biceps on Tuesday.

Video for November
                              Last edited by RenegadeRows; 10-31-2006, 07:40 AM.

Comment

I started off as being 5'8, 129lbs, lean, low bodyfat. I had good definition from lifting and sports @ 130lbs. My goal is simple: lean bulk. If I go all out on a bulk, I will most likely add size but I do not want to add excess fat. Therefore, since I started around 13-14% Bodyfat naturally, I'm going to clean bulk while still doing cardio. I want to add size, but do it slowly without compromising the physique I have now. I'm hoping this approach will add almost 85% muscle and little-to-no fat, therefore I won't need to do a hardcore cut later on. Once I have peaked naturally in bodyweight, I will cut it down and maintain a lean 175-185lbs.
                                Definitely the way to go. But on that note, you sure using Cytogainer is the best idea for lean gains? I think you'd be better off replacing those calories with other nutrient sources.

Comment

Working...
                                X