Bodybuilder / Dad / Husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodybuilder / Dad / Husband

I'm a 27 year old father of a one month old boy juggling my responsibilites as a dad, work during the day and being a good husband.I'm doing all that besides going to the gym as much as i can. It seems like with all this my diet is lacking, trying to jam 2500 calories in a very busy day during bulking aint happening. Any suggestions to eating right with a busy schedule? It seems like every diet most msucle mags promote require you to be doing nothing but eating all day and working out. Any ideas for the men that actually have a life besides working out ?

You can always eat larger meals less often.. which actually seems to be a better way of doing it rather than the 'must eat every 2-3hours or i'll be catabolic' line of thinking.
    And have protein shakes- they're an easy and convenient way to get food, and as far as hitting your required amount of calories, foods that are high in fat are an easy way to boost the cals without having eat as much.

Just some ideas

Comment

Originally posted by d0nte01
      I'm a 27 year old father of a one month old boy juggling my responsibilites as a dad, work during the day and being a good husband.I'm doing all that besides going to the gym as much as i can. It seems like with all this my diet is lacking, trying to jam 2500 calories in a very busy day during bulking aint happening. Any suggestions to eating right with a busy schedule? It seems like every diet most msucle mags promote require you to be doing nothing but eating all day and working out. Any ideas for the men that actually have a life besides working out ?
      2500 is a bulk for you ?

Stats ?

Comment

im 150 lbs give or take... 5'10....keep in mind less than 6 months ago i weighed a little over 130 lbs

Comment

Due to my type of job, ER/ICU/Cardiac Cath Lab RN, I usually carry enough protein shakes and granola bars for 3 snacks in between meals. If you are bulking my suggestion is use MRP's to your benefit. My favs are Lean Body and Muscle Milk.

Edit...I know solid food is best but you have to work with the hand you are delt with.
          Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

buy scivation or optimum nutrition whey protein in 10lb bags

buy steel cut oats in a 50lb bag from bobs red mill (I think, iveposted the link on these boards frequently, I just done have internet on my PC anymore to check my favorites and copy/paste)

add 1 scoop of ground up powder steel cut oats to 3-4 protein shakes a day spread out around meals. try to consume all protein shakes w/ oats about 5-6 hours prior to sleep

and most importantly train hard to get big. lots of full body movements with as much weight as you can handle (which should always be the case, bulking/cutting = diet mainly, not training)

Im on the go everyday and I pack 4-5 shakers full of my protein/workout drinks -- make 1 big PBJ sandwhich, 1 monsterous lunchmeant sandwhich with a ton of spinach on it (whole grain bread, the darker the cut the better), and 2-3 mini low cal/high protein granola type snack bars (whatever is on sale I get alot of). I also pack 1 apple and 1 orange

healthy eating = planning

ps - almonds + water are a savior tooo

Comment

Working...
            X