Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQUAT_PRINCESS's RED ACID GEN 2 LOG

Hello!

I'm Squat_princess. Lucky me! I've been chosen to do a CONTROLLED LABS RED ACID GEN 2 log! yay! Thank you Controlled Labs for this opportunity!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=901862
    (the Red Acid FAQ page)

Unfortunalty, a couple of days before my bottle arrived, i got really sick, and the day after- I landed in the hospital with a nasty virus. I've spend the past week or so recovering. This is why I had to start the log a little late.I'll have to start out slow for a few days to get back into the groove of things, but hopefully I'll be 100% by the weekend.

OK, here are my stats! ( I will fill the rest of it in when I get back from the gym.. I don't have the equipment here.)

Sex: Female
    Hight: 5'7(and 3/4)
    Weight: last time i checked before i got sick- 135 (I'll give an accurate measure)
    Waist:
    chest:
    Bicep: Left: Right:
    hips:
    Thighs: Left: Right:
    Calves: Left: Right:
    Bodyfat:

My workout routine (before I got sick) was pretty intense. I would alternate full body circut training with just cardio. I usually ended up with 3-4 full body workouts/ week with 3-4 cardio sessions/week. Sunday is usually my rest day.

My diet is 140-190g protein, 90-120gcarbs, 30-40gfat. I try and keep most of my carbs in my 1st meal, my pre workout meal and post workout meal. I aim for 5-6 meals/day, last meal with casein.

I'm going to try and post progress pictures every Saturday to help show my progress.

So, I've taken my first dose of Red Acid about 45 minutes ago. I'm just finishing off my breakfast, and I'm off to the gym. I feel a little warm, which is a good sign. I''m honestly having trouble finishing my breakfast. Maybe it's because I ate alot yesterday, or maybe it's because these pills are doing a good job of supressing my appetite. I'll let you know how everything goes! Feel free to critique. I'm open to all suggestions.

It's amazing what a week out of routine can do to your body. (literally, lying in bed sleeping, and eating.) It looks like I lost all my muscle! What's that saying- If you don't move it, you'll lose it? haha.. apparently. I guess thats what happens when you're sick. booooo. I'll post pics when I get back from the gym.

Hey guys! Ok, So here are the results for day 1 on Red Acid gen2-

Energy wasn't through the roof, but I didn't experiance any fatigue, and I was really focused on eveything I did. My workout went very well. I didn't have any problems doing half an hour on the elliptical at high intensity, and my circut training was intense, focused and tough. I beleive this Red Acid really gave me the focus I needed for a great workout. (Even though it was my first day back at the gym, things felt just as intense as my last day training. I don't thing I had any stamina lost in cardio, and I actually felt stronger during the final reps of my sets. I could have packed on more weight and done my usual rep range. Next time.

I feel like I ate too much today, but when I look at my macros, I actually underate. I wasnt hungry at all today, and getting through my meals was pretty forced. This stuff really supresses my appetite, and let me tell you- I h ave one crazy appetite!!!

I wasn't able to get my measurements at the gym today- they're in the middle of a staff turn over and renovations, so everything is out of order. And whadda ya know- I had a problem trying to upload my pics too. But I did take them, and I'll have to try and figure out the problem tomorrow.

I forgot to mention my other supplements in my intro!
    I'm currently supplementing with the following-

Sesamin
    BSN dessert
    Substance WPI
    Syntrax cappachino
    Women's multi
    Glutamine (morning and post workout)
    Amino acids
    R-ALA with Biotin (post workout)
    Chromium (post workout)
    L-Tyrosine (keeps me in a good mind frame)
    melatonin 3mg (when I feel I need it)

So, for day1, My appetite was next to none, my workout was great (even though it was my first day back and I was going to take it easy- I couldnt' go hard or enough) Energy was steady through out the day. I spent alot of time studying- and I had no problem focusing the entire time. I had to work from 9pm-1am, and even though I was up around 8, I'm still going to have to take melatonin to help me get to bed!

Macros- Totals 1396 50 112 127 (I would like the protein to be up, the fat and carbs to be down... But i was eating on the run alot today.)

Comment

Very nice start to the log looking forward to seeing the results
      MY GREEN MAG LOG
      http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
      http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Nice intro, looking forward to the log.

Comment

Hey guys! The past couple days have been pretty hectic for me, and it's not stopping until Monday! There are birthdays, and visitors all one after the other..So I'm the one in the kitchen making every one their *****, making the sweets for "tea", and preparing dinners. (It's kinda funny, my whole family lives on the same block, but i'm the youngest of the women, so I'm stuck with all the work.) We have thanks giving coming up this weekend, and I have to make a few dishes for the dinner we're having on Sunday. I think i'm going to make some squash and mini pumpkin pie tarts- so that I don't overeat a huge slice.

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday because of all the visitors coming down. I did however, bake a huge batch of gooey cinnamon buns, and indulged with my family. Yeah, it was great. I guess you have to do it once in a while. I did take my Red Acid, and my appetite was controlled throughout the day, and I didnt feel tired at all all day. That is what i'm starting to love about these babies... It doesn't hit me with a crazy rush of energy, then leave me dragging until the next dose. It gently gives me the lift i need throughout the ENTIRE day. I don't ever feel lazy, or that I don't want to do something. It's always go-go-go. And you don't even think about how you're feeling. I guess that energy levels have always been a problem for me. That's why I'm always taking something or having a coffee before I hit the gym- I just don't have the energy- but honestly, with the RAG2, energy level problems don't even come to mind. I just feel "normal". haha

Today I'm going to eat super clean to make up for yesterday. Since I missed yesterday's workout, I'm not sure if I should just continue with today's workout, or do yesterdays. My workout routine is day1-cardio day2-whole body circut, and I alternate with sundays as rest. Yesterday was a circut day. Maybe I can do half the cardio for today, and do the circut train to make up for yesterday... but then I can't do it tomorrow.. ahhh.. see i screwed myself... maybe if i do circut today, cardio tomorrow- and not take sunday off from the gym since I already took yesterday off- (and I know i'll be eating alot on sunday too, so i could use the extra cardio session).

So, I'm off to make breakfast!

Here are my pictures! (I know, I have my work cut out for me )
          Attached Files

Comment

forgot to mention- this stuff makes me sweat. My workouts have never been so sweaty! I'm dripping sweat 8 minutes into a cardio session.. I usually get to that point after 15 minutes. Also, I don't get any "slacker" thoughts during cardio days.. it's all focused, which makes it a good quality workout.

The appetite supression is increadible. I am such a hungry person. I can eat and eat and eat.. Bottomless pit. I impress people with the amount of food I can consume. Now i have to force down meals, because i'm just not hungry. I find appetite supression on RAG2 is far superior to any Hoodia I've ever tried.

Comment

Hi...It's great to see another girl here..i'm testing the red acid also..i'm on day 5..mine got lost in the mail system so i started late too. Glad you are feeling better..

Vanessa

Comment

Originally posted by squat_princess
                forgot to mention- this stuff makes me sweat. My workouts have never been so sweaty! I'm dripping sweat 8 minutes into a cardio session.. I usually get to that point after 15 minutes. Also, I don't get any "slacker" thoughts during cardio days.. it's all focused, which makes it a good quality workout.

The appetite supression is increadible. I am such a hungry person. I can eat and eat and eat.. Bottomless pit. I impress people with the amount of food I can consume. Now i have to force down meals, because i'm just not hungry. I find appetite supression on RAG2 is far superior to any Hoodia I've ever tried.
                Awesome !

Comment

thats good you can lose a lot of water weight that way does that mean on red acid gen 2 we should be consuming more water than usual?

Comment

Originally posted by Seroph4x
                    does that mean on red acid gen 2 we should be consuming more water than usual?
                    Yes it does.

Comment

Measurements-

Weight: 135
                      Waist:27.5
                      chest:33
                      hips:35.5
                      Thighs: Left:22.5 Right:22.5
                      Calves: Left:14.5 Right:14.4
                      Bodyfat: I don't trust my calipers.. they seem to always tell me such a low reading. I must be doing it wrong. I'll have to ask some one at the gym.

I got home from work pretty late last night. (Around 4am). I didnt get enough sleep because people were ringing my phone off the hook for tomorrow's Thanks Giving dinner. I was paying for it all day today. I really didn't want to workout today, but I didn't let my lazyness stop me. I worked my biceps, triceps, and shoulders, and did an hour of cardio. I felt pretty weak through my workout, but I still sweat like crazy, and I pushed myself. I have to admit that I had a great workout, even though it didn't compare to my other workouts.

It may be a bit soon for me to really notice any real difference, but I swear I thought I saw my abs peeking through today at my gym. I'll post some pics next week. I cant wait to see my abs again!

My diet totals so far today-

Totals 1443 64fat 105carb 114protein

I'll be having a couple ounces of chicken breast with hummus in about an hour, and some dry pressed CC before bed. (which brings me to about 1750cal, 113carbs and 160pro)

Comment

Well, The long weekend is finally over. The gym is finally open again, and there are no more get togethers with loads of Thanksgiving food. I managed to take home only Wwhite turkey meat, and left all the other goodies for every one else. I think I have enough turkey for a while... I'm not big on eating left overs more than a day or two old.. So it's turkey everything for me.. I had a nice egg white and turkey omlette this morning.

Sunday I started feeling pretty sick in the morning. i wasnt able to hit the gym, and I knew that there would be inevidable bad eating later that afternoon. My time was very tight, but I managed to jump rope outside in my back yard for 30 minutes. Drenched with sweat- must be the red acid- because it was a little chilly out side. By the end of the night, I was dragging myself home- I felt so sick. It felt just as bad as I did earlier last week. Everything was aching, my head was throbbing, I just felt like I was dying. I took some liquid oxygen (aerobic oxygen) in some water, took some immune system support pills, coral calcium and went to sleep. Felt awful all night- woke up and felt alot better. I had another lunch/dinner to go to- another side of the family was having an event. So off I went, feeling sick, ate more turkey and all that good stuff- (wasn't as bad as sunday- used the excuse that i wasnt feeling well.. but still, damage was done.) I took some enzymes before I went to sleep last night.. and now I'm ready to kill it at the gym today.

Last night i had forgotten to take my red acid with me. So I missed a dose- and LET ME TELL YOU... The difference in appetite was there. I was hungry non stop- never felt full.. couldnt get enough.. I had to control myself- where as, if i had taken the red acid, i know I would have been full after only half a plate. I think my appetite is my biggest enemy in the fat loss war.

Today I plan to do an hour of cardio and legs. I'll post my macros and workout info when I get back from the gym. I'm going to study for a couple of hours and go.

Weird note- Although I've been eating thanksgiving meals for two days, and my workouts have been slacking- I feel that I actually look a little slimmer in my stomach. I measured my waist just now-and its 27 inches!!! That's MINUS HALF AN INCH over the weekend- and i've been evil! I think this stuff takes a little time to kick in and start working- but I definatly feel this is going to change my body over the next couple of weeks. I'll weigh myself at the gym, and take some more pics and measurements tonight.

Comment

.....now I'm ready to kill it at the gym today.
                          That's the spirit !!

Comment

Today went very well for me.

did back and chest workout and 50 minutes of cardio.

Even though I'm sore from yesterday's leg workout (which always leaves me drained the next day), I pushed through an intense workout with all I've got.
                            Cardio wasn't flowing until about 25 minutes into it.. My heart rate kept going up to fast, and my legs felt heavy, but that went away as the cardio progressed. Sweating was excessive. After 20 minutes on the elliptical, a gym employee joked with me about how wet my shirt was after just 20 minutes of elliptical! I definatly felt the heat coming off my body throughout and after my workout.

Appeteite supression is INCREADIBLE! I had to put half my dinner in the fridge, then got back to it 45 minutes later. I couldn't finish my plate. If I don't eat for several hours, I have to remind myself to take some time out and eat. I normally eat 5-6 meals a day- and I'm finding it difficult to do so.

I also have to note that I am in a very uplifted, stable mood. Other thermogenics leave me edgy, with highs and lows. This is not the case with the RAG2

Comment

Today went very well for me.

did back and chest workout and 50 minutes of cardio.

Even though I'm sore from yesterday's leg workout (which always leaves me drained the next day), I pushed through an intense workout with all I've got.
                              Cardio wasn't flowing until about 25 minutes into it.. My heart rate kept going up to fast, and my legs felt heavy, but that went away as the cardio progressed. Sweating was excessive. After 20 minutes on the elliptical, a gym employee joked with me about how wet my shirt was after just 20 minutes of elliptical! I definatly felt the heat coming off my body throughout and after my workout.

Appeteite supression is INCREADIBLE! I had to put half my dinner in the fridge, then got back to it 45 minutes later. I couldn't finish my plate. If I don't eat for several hours, I have to remind myself to take some time out and eat. I normally eat 5-6 meals a day- and I'm finding it difficult to do so.

I also have to note that I am in a very uplifted, stable mood. Other thermogenics leave me edgy, with highs and lows. This is not the case with the RAG2
                              Nice !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X