nitric oxide and caffeine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitric oxide and caffeine

I am taking WB pre workout and before bed, I am also using PW, I have thought about adding caffeine to my pre workout dosage of PW. MY understanding is caffeine is a vasoconstrictor and WB is a vasodialator(?) so if I took WB pre WO woudlnt the caffeine cancel out the WB or vice versa?

Yes.

if your using both seperate them alot, or just take the WB prebed (when you shouldnt have any caffeine in your system for a decent amount of time before, or u have a stimulant problem).

Comment

I would take the caffeine and WB at least 2 hours apart, preferbly the caffeine before.

Comment

Before this stack I was using Labrada Super Charge and it had NO2, creatine and caffeine and I personally did not have a problem with it. But, to be on the safe side take the caffeine 2 hrs before the NO2 and then work them closer togethor depending on your level of tolerance.
        Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
          Before this stack I was using Labrada Super Charge and it had NO2, creatine and caffeine and I personally did not have a problem with it. But, to be on the safe side take the caffeine 2 hrs before the NO2 and then work them closer togethor depending on your level of tolerance.

white blood is a nitric oxide product, it works somewhat on vasoconstriction by dialiating the blood veins. caffeine shrinks them. the two are opposites.

Comment

So why are there so many NO/Pre workout products with caffeine?

Seems a little redundant to me.
            A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

^ Marketing, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                white blood is a nitric oxide product, it works somewhat on vasoconstriction by dialiating the blood veins. caffeine shrinks them. the two are opposites.

True but it provided one hell of a rush. About 15 min. after taking I could feel my body temp. rising and the jolt of energy kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
                  True but it provided one hell of a rush. About 15 min. after taking I could feel my body temp. rising and the jolt of energy kick in.
                  thats what caffeine does...its a stimulant.. try cocaine, you'll be off the walls for a hot minute brutha man

Comment

Good questions

Caffeine appears to be both a vasoconstrictor AND vasodilator... meaning that it relaxes peripheral blood vessels and constricts brain blood vessels. Simply put, my main concern would be headaches.

Originally posted by Patrick Arnold
                    After giving this some thought I tend to think now that taking these adrenergic related stimulants might be complimentary to NO products, not antagonistic

My understanding of these adrenergic agents - which basically are products which mimic the effects of adrenaline - is to decrease blood flow to the internal organs and increase blood flow to the extemities. this is to provide muscle energy for the "fight or flight syndrome"

yes, these agents are vasoconstrictive and they raise blood pressure. However, I am pretty sure (thought not completely) that this vasoconstriction occurs in the central part of the body primarily, and this is to shut the blood flow off to the digestive system and vital organs so that it is redirected to the muscles. I don't believe the vasoconstriction happens so much in the muscles - it wouldn't make sense

So the combination of blood flow redirected to the muscles, and a NO maximizer to increase the pump response, should work well

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                      Good questions

Caffeine appears to be both a vasoconstrictor AND vasodilator... meaning that it relaxes peripheral blood vessels and constricts brain blood vessels. Simply put, my main concern would be headaches.
                      Interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                        thats what caffeine does...its a stimulant.. try cocaine, you'll be off the walls for a hot minute brutha man
                        I think I'll pass on that one. We had a pt who just stroked out after using coke and is now in a permanent state of rest.

Comment

Thanks for the read PT - I just ordered some caffeine to stack with PW because I need something to get me going, and I was worried becuase I'm on WB also, but according to that my limbs will feel the pump
                          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

If you think about it, headache medicines have caffeine in them to help "open" up ht epathways for the medicine through your system. That is why the recommend caffeine to help with migraines.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                              If you think about it, headache medicines have caffeine in them to help "open" up ht epathways for the medicine through your system. That is why the recommend caffeine to help with migraines.
                              So, true. Excedrin Migraine Tylenol, ASA and Caffeine. Just add the ephedrine and their is your ECA stack.

Comment

Working...
                              X