No announcement yet.

Boldbidder's Red Acid Gen 2 Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good so far, got some nice muclse mass on your frame! Can't wait to see the final pics.

Comment

Thanks, DDawg. I'll be posting up some mid-way pics sometime next week.

Comment

Update 10/5

Training - Off

I got a real crappy night's sleep, wasn't able to actually fall asleep 'till around midnightish and the sluggish carried over to the morning. No biggie, I had been hitting it pretty good for 3 days straight so an off day was probably needed to get my energy back up.

Red Acid Dosing - 2 Caps at 7:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.

Thoughts - Nothing much to report, pretty much par for the course with relatively consistent energy levels throughout the day. The RA may have helped more than normal as by the time I got to work and got rolling with the day the hazieness from the poor night of sleep didn't continue to bother me.

Meals - Was doing pretty good until the evening when the wife didn't feel like cooking (it was HER turn) and nor did I so we ordered some Chinese takeout. Yeah, yeah I know, I'll never rescue my abs from the fatty purgatory like that.

Meal 1 - 2 Scoops EvoPro

Meal 2 - Egg white omelette w/ turkey breast and a fat free cheddar

Meal 3 - 8 oz chicken breast w/ 1/2 cup cashews

Meal 4 - Barilla Plus Rotini w/Arriabatta Meat Sauce <- leftovers

Meal 5 - 8 oz chicken breast w/flax caps (ran out of cashews)

Meal 6 - 1 Scoop EvoPro w/ mixed nuts/seeds/raisins (drive home snack)

Meal 7 - Orange Chicken w/ chicken fried rice

Comment

Update 10/6

Training - Shoulders/Traps (7/10), strength was down today, don't really have any excuses why. My right elbow and wrist have been giving me trouble intermittently, they were hurting me a bit the first few sets of military, but the pain/stiffness subsided quickly.

Ellipitical - 10 min warm-up
          Seated Military BB
          1 x 12 - 135 (behind head)
          1 x 10 - 155 (behind head)
          1 x 8 - 185 (behind head)
          1 x 12 - 135 (conventional)
          Hammer Strength Military Press
          1 x 15 - 90
          3 x 8 - 180
          Reverse Upright Rows
          3 x 12 - 135
          Rear Delt Machine
          1 x 12 - 100
          1 x 10 - 120
          1 x 8 - 140

Red Acid Dosing - 2 Caps at 5:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.

Thoughts - Energy was way way down. I had a decent night's sleep so I'm not sure what the problem was. This week at work has been pretty stressful and I tend to suffer from an end of the week crash so to speak, but today it was unusually bad. For me RA provides a nice even bump in energy, but nothing so over the top and jittery to combat a day when you're just out of it all together.

Meals - Standard fare for a Friday, good up until the evening when my wife and I decided to go to Red Lobster and gorge ourselves on endless shrimp.
          I also missed a meal because I got caught in a never ending meeting at work that I couldn't break away from.

Meal 1 - PWO - 1 Scoop ON & 1 Scoop EvoPro

Meal 2 - VPX MRP Bar

Meal 3 - 8 oz chicken breast w/ 1/2 cup cashews

Meal 4 - Feast of fried shrimp and shrimp scampi at Red Lobster

Meal 6 - 2 Scoops Evo-Pro

Comment

10/7

Training - Off

Took another off day for a combination of reasons. Had an extra long list of stuff to do doled out by the wife and was once again extremely sluggish. Not sure what it is, I just got over a bug a couple weeks ago, but its school time again and my wife teaches so she's around 30 lil germ factories all day so there's no telling

RA Dosing - 2 caps at 7:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.

Meals - Not terrible, but the wife and I went to the movies where I indulged in some Popcorn (can resist freshly popped!) and a slushy like substance.

Meal 1 - 2 Scoops EvoPro

Meal 2 - Turkey Omelette

Meal 3 - Turkey Sandwich w/low fat swiss

Meal 4 - 1 cup cottage cheese w/ 1/2 cup Fiber One Cereal

Meal 5 - Ground Turkey Breast Meatloaf w/ baked Sweet Potato

Cheat - Movie Theatre trip

Meal 6 - 2 Scoops EvoProa

Comment

10/8

Training - Legs (7/10)

Got back to the gym today and felt alot better, my gym cravings returned in force. Strength still felt down a little, but I was mixing it up again so I wasn't too upset. One thing I will note the combiniation of the RA, PW, and GG are making my stamina very good during workouts, what I didn't have in raw strength today I could've replaced with volume.

Elliptical - 10 min warm-up
              Leg Ext
              4 x 15 - Pin in the middle of the stack
              Back Squats
              1 x 15 - 135
              1 x 12 - 225
              1 x 12 - 225 (6 PL style, 6 OL Style)
              1 x 8 - 315
              1 x 8 - 315 (4 PL style, 4 OL Style)
              1 x 5 - 405 (Belt and Knee Wraps)
              Front Squats
              3 x 12 - 185
              Seated Leg Curls
              1 x 12 - 140
              1 x 12 - 160
              1 x 10 - 180
              Standing Leg Curls
              3 x 10 - 60

RA Dosing - 2 caps at 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.

Thoughts - Good energy today, which is a little odd because after my leg workouts I'm pretty worthless. I was able to do a lil work around the house and in the yard. That bit of extra go get 'em had to have been from the RA. On a side note, I saw my folks for the first time in a couple weeks and my mom made a comment about me looking slimmer.

Meals - Well the trip to my parents house was nice, but it precipitated a big time cheat indulgence as my mom made me a lemon pie. Lemon pie may not sound too apetizing, but I promise you, you'd be willing to slaughter a village of innocents for a slice......lol. Other than that everything was decent, I made a big ole vat of Rotini with a spicy tomato sauce and ground turkey breast meatballs

Meal 1 - PWO 1 scoop ON, 1 scoop EvoPro

Meal 2 - Turkey Omelette

Meal 3 - Rotini w/Turkey Meatballs

Meal 4 - Same as meal 3

Meal 5 - 1 cup cottage cheese w/ 1/2 cup cashews

Meal 6 - Same as meal 3

Meal 7 - 2 Scoops EvoPro

Comment

10/9

Training - Cardio (6/10)

Ultra hectic day at work. Had to be at the orifice for a 6:00 a.m. conference call so I couldn't make the gym. I used the fitness center at work to get 40 min of cardio (30 min incline walk, 10 min jump rope). I only gave the workout 6/10 because I just can't get amp'd about cardio.

Treadmill - 30 min incline walk
                Jump Rope - 10 min
                Stretching - 10 min

RA Dosing - 2 caps at 4:45 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.

Thoughts - The day at work was so hectic that I didn't get a chance to be tired. I will say that I felt more alert and focused that I might've expected with such a long day (didn't get home until after 9 at night). Several days ago I reported that I was using a smaller notch on my belt, well that wasn't a fluke as I've been using the last notch on my belt since then so the RA is obviously doing something. I'll do some mid-term measurements hopefully at the end of this week.

Meals - Could of been worse considering the hectic pace of the day. I still had a couple left over chicken breasts and my vat of pasta from Sunday which I munched on. I made enough pasta that I'll be having that for the next few days as well. My wife made stuffed meat loaf for dinner and it was damn good, only problem was that I ate it relatively close to bed and it has a good amount of carbs in it from the corn bread based stuffing....oh well. Couldn't really be helped since I got home so late.

Meal 1 - Turkey Omelette

Meal 2 - Rotini w/Turkey Meatballs

Meal 3 - 8 oz Chicken Breast

Meal 4 - Same as meal 2

Meal 5 - 8 oz Chicekn Breast w/Flax Caps

Meal 6 - Stuffed Meatloaf w/Roasted Asparagus

Comment

10/10

Training - Chest (8/10)

Had a very solid chest workout today, had good energy and strength throughout. On a side note, I'm still having some joint pain in my right wrist and elbow, not really sure what the problem is. The pain wasn't unbearable and I wouldn't say it really hindered my workout, more of an annoyance than anything else.

BB Flat Bench
                  1 x 15 - 135
                  1 x 12 - 135
                  1 x 8 - 225
                  1 x 6 - 225
                  1 x 5 - 245
                  1 x 5 - 225
                  DB Incline Bench
                  3 x 8 - 90s
                  Hammer Strength Decline
                  3 x 10 - 180
                  Dips (Bodyweight)
                  1 x 10
                  1 x 8
                  1 x Failure

RA Dosing - 2 caps at 4:50 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.

Thoughts - The pace was really hectic again today at work and will probably continue to be so for the next two weeks as my team is up against it to meet a deadline. One thing I definitey noticed today was that my appetite was pretty blunted, I actually ended up missing a meal because work was so busy and I didn't get my usual hunger pains.

Meals - Decent mail day except for the missed meal, but I didn't feel hungry so maybe it wasn't all that bad.

Meal 2 - VPX MRP Bar

Meal 3 - 8 oz Chicken Breast w/Flax Caps

Meal 4 - Turkey Meatloaf (leftovers) w 1/2 cup Fiber One Cereal

Meal 5 - 1.5 cups cottage cheese w/ 1/2 cup cashews

Comment

10/11

Training - Cardio 30 min

Had another 6:00 a.m. conference call so I was reduced to getting some cardio at lunch.

30 Min Incline Walk

RA Dosing - 2 caps at 5:45 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.

Thoughts - The appetite suppression I commented on yesterday was present again, I hadn't noticed this effect prior to a few days ago. Once again I didn't really feel hungry until the evening. If this effect continues I might play around with taking my 2nd dose in the late afternoon to help with evening temptations on the weekends and such.

Meals - I felt like my protein intake has been lower than maybe it should be so I added another scoop to each of my shakes.

Meal 1 - PWO 2 scoop ON, 1 scoop EvoPro

Meal 2 - Pasta w/Turkey Meatballs

Meal 3 - 8 oz Chicken Breast w/ 1/2 cup Oats

Meal 4 - same as meal 3

Meal 5 - 1 Scoop ON, 1 Pure Protein Bar

Meal 6 - Chili made wiith Ground Turkey Breast

Meal 7 - 2 1/2 Scoops EvoPro

Comment

Sounding good so far... great detail !!

Comment

10/12

Training - Back (9/10)

Very good back day. I had a PR on deadlifts and I might've even done better but I was psyched out by the weight and forget to change my stance to sumo and I forgot to use opposing grips. Strength definitely does not appear to be dropping at all on the RA, so that is a huge plus. At the conclusion of this log I'd be curious to see what kind of benefit could be had by stacking RA with a lil bit Yoh and maybe some additional Caf.

Neutral Grip Chins (Bodyweight only)
                        1 x 10
                        1 x 8
                        1 x 8
                        V-Bar Rows
                        1 x 12 - 90
                        1 x 10 - 135
                        1 x 10 - 180
                        1 x 8 - 225
                        Dead Lifts
                        1 x 225 - 12
                        1 x 315 - 8
                        1 x 315 - 6
                        1 x 405 - 5
                        1 x 495 - 2 (PR....WOO-HOO!)

RA Dosing - 2 caps at 5:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.

Thoughts - I was pretty trashed after my workout, energy was pretty low throughout the day. Heavy days for back and legs tend to do that to me and there's nothing to really be done about it.

Meals - Pretty status quo, although I did splurge by endulging in the wonderful home fries that my wife makes using Sweet Potatoes, damn those are good :wub:

Meal 2 - 8 oz Chicken Breast w/Flax Caps

Meal 3 - Same as meal 2

Meal 4 - Chicken breast salad w/light dressing

Meal 5 - Turkey Burger w/Sweet Potato home fries

Meal 6 - 1 Cup Cottage Cheese w/ 1/2 cup Cashews

Comment

10/13 - 10/15

Had a crappy last few days as far as diet goes. Went out with my buddy on Friday and had the typical bar/sports grill far (beer, wings, etc...) so that ruined the diet for the day. On Saturday I did get in a pretty decent Shoulder/Trap workout, but the diet was hosed up once again when my wife and I went to our favorite Hibachi style steakhouse and I almost ate them out of business.....lol. Diet got back on track Sunday though, I made up a bunch of these thin cut Round Steaks in a lil bit of Soy Sauce and Pineapple Juice marinade along with a brown rice medley of garlic, celery, and onions.

Training from 10/14 - Shoulders/Traps (8/10)

10 Min Elliptical Warm-Up
                          Seated DB Military
                          1 x 12 - 60s
                          1 x 10 - 80s
                          2 x 8 - 90s
                          Seated BB Military (Behind the neck)
                          1 x 15 - 90
                          1 x 10 - 135
                          1 x 10 - 155
                          1 x 8 - 165
                          1 x 6 - 185
                          BB Shrugs
                          1 x 12 - 225
                          3 x 10 - 315
                          Reverse Upright Rows
                          3 x 12 - 135
                          Rear Delt Machine
                          1 x 10 - 120
                          2 x 10 - 140

RA Dosing - The timing of my doses was a little ragid over the weekend, but on average I was taking my doses with about 5-6 hours of separation. On Sunday my wife made comment about being able to see some definition in my quads, so in spite of the more muted 'effects' of RA it definitely appears to be working. I'll have another 2 1/2 - 3 weeks post my log to get ready for our vacation so I'll probably spring for my own bottle of RA and stack it with some yoh and caf. In addition, I'll get more serious about my cardio at start a regimen where I do it consistently 3-4 times per week as opposed to getting it in whenever I can, which hasn't been often enough.

Comment

Originally posted by boldbidder
                            . On Sunday my wife made comment about being able to see some definition in my quads.
                            Very nice always great when you can see the results great job
                            MY GREEN MAG LOG
                            http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
                            http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Updates 10/16 & 10/17

Sorry for the lack of daily updates, things have gotten increasingly more and more hectic and work and sadly will be that way for atleast another 2 weeks. I'll make a pronounced effort to login from home in the evenings if I don't get a chance to make updates during the day.

I've taken the past two days off from weight training and have only been able to get in a couple of cardio sessions. I've got a little over a week left on the RA and I'd like to make a final push so hopefully there will be a perceptible difference when I take my 'after' pics.

Training 10/16 - Cardio

Elliptical - 20 Min (Interval Style) <------Surprisingly tiring
                              Stretching - 10 Min

Training 10/17 - Cardio
                              Jump Rope - 8 sets of 3 min each high intensity

Meals - Sadly my diet has been a mixed bag at best, I cooked on Monday (10/16) so the diet was standard for me (Chicken Breasts, Caremlized Onions, Brown Rice, etc...) However, yesterday I was forced to do a couple of sub style sandwiches as I was stuck and a trade show working the company booth all day.

RA Dosing - Still dosing RA as normal with 2 caps first thing when I wake typically between 5-5:30 and another 2 caps around Noon. As has been the case throughout my log not noticing excessive energy nor am I noticing any pronounced negative sides.
                              Last edited by boldbidder; 10-18-2006, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I agree with the energy part of it. Its a slow smooth energy(I guess). I've taken it solo and stack together with wb/gb/gg......Of course I get better pumps with the stack combo. And even when i tried RA2 on an empty stomach before cardio solo, it didnt give me that much of a boost. I think I just had energy already goin into the workout. Before work one day I took it, and i was beat, but it didnt help at all. So maybe its not really designed to give energy, just work with the food intake. I'm not done with mine so we'll see.Good luck.
                                Faith is the substance of things hoped for......HEBREWS

Comment

Working...
                                X