Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boldbidder's Red Acid Gen 2 Log

Default Boldbidder's Red Acid Gen 2 Log

I'd like to think SCT and rest of the CL crew for selecting me as a tester. The main board I frequent is bulknutrition so I'll be keeping a duplicate log over on that site as well.

Here are my stats:

Sex: M

Ht: 5'9

Wt: 224

BF: ~15%

Training experience: Been into weightlifting and strength training since my early teen years for football, continued playing and training seriously through undergrad. Took about two years off from 22-24, been back in the gym seriously again for 3yrs.

Goals for the log: My wife and I have vacation coming up at the beginning of December to Los Cabo San Lucas(sp) and I'd like to get my bf down into the non-teens (e.g. 11,12). I think that's a realistic and attainable goal. Also, because I am strength focused I'd like to keep any strength loss to a minimum.

Current Supps: Prior to discovering that I would be a RA tester I'd ordered a new tub of Purple Wraath and Glycergrow. I've been using PW and a generic GMS product for the past couple months and was told by SCT that using PW and GG during this log wouldn't be a problem.. With that said, my supp list is very simple: ON 100%, Cytosport's EvoPro, Opti-Men Multi, NOW Flax Oil.

Diet: Still a little unsure as to how I'm going to approach what I would term a moderate cut. I just got the book Game Over about cutting diets so I'll give that a read this weekend and hopefully come up with a detailed gameplan. For now I'll be shooting for 2500-2700 cals per day as I'm generally around the 3000-3500 mark per day.

I received my Red Acid yesterday evening, but unfortunately I workout first thing in the morning and Wednesday (today) is my off day so I'll be starting my log in earnest tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by boldbidder
    I'd like to think SCT and rest of the CL crew for selecting me as a tester. The main board I frequent is bulknutrition so I'll be keeping a duplicate log over on that site as well.

Here are my stats:

Sex: M

Ht: 5'9

Wt: 224

BF: ~15%

Training experience: Been into weightlifting and strength training since my early teen years for football, continued playing and training seriously through undergrad. Took about two years off from 22-24, been back in the gym seriously again for 3yrs.

Goals for the log: My wife and I have vacation coming up at the beginning of December to Los Cabo San Lucas(sp) and I'd like to get my bf down into the non-teens (e.g. 11,12). I think that's a realistic and attainable goal. Also, because I am strength focused I'd like to keep any strength loss to a minimum.

Current Supps: Prior to discovering that I would be a RA tester I'd ordered a new tub of Purple Wraath and Glycergrow. I've been using PW and a generic GMS product for the past couple months and was told by SCT that using PW and GG during this log wouldn't be a problem.. With that said, my supp list is very simple: ON 100%, Cytosport's EvoPro, Opti-Men Multi, NOW Flax Oil.

Diet: Still a little unsure as to how I'm going to approach what I would term a moderate cut. I just got the book Game Over about cutting diets so I'll give that a read this weekend and hopefully come up with a detailed gameplan. For now I'll be shooting for 2500-2700 cals per day as I'm generally around the 3000-3500 mark per day.

I received my Red Acid yesterday evening, but unfortunately I workout first thing in the morning and Wednesday (today) is my off day so I'll be starting my log in earnest tomorrow.
    Sounds good !! Nice intro

I definately think you can acheive your goals by your vacation. Good luck and I'll be following along!

Update for 9/27

Training - Off Day

Red Acid Dosing - 2 Caps at 6:30 a.m. and another 2 Caps at 1:00 p.m.

Thoughts - Yesterday morning was pretty hectic so I can't say noticed much of an energy bump from the RA. I did break into a sweat as I shuffling around the house ironing clothes and getting ready. The afternoon dose seemed to provide slight bump in energy and awareness for about an hour or so. Although, I will add that I tend to get sleepy towards the end of my commute going home which usually takes about 75-90 minutes, I didn't experience that yesterday so maybe I can attribute that to the RA.

Meals - Very crappy meal day, you'll notice a trend in my log that my diet is the bane of my fitness existence.

Meal 1 - Turkey Omellete made with Egg Beaters and a tablespoon of Fat-Free Cheddar

Meal 2 - 2 Pure Protein Choclate PB bars

Meal 3 - 1 Chicken Breast / 1 cup Brown Rice

Meal 4 - 8 oz Steak Sandwich w/Fries <-----yeah, yeah I know

Meal 5 - (Bedtime) 2 Scoops EvoPro

Update for 9/28

Training - Legs (7/10)

Decent leg day, nothing special.

5 Bike Warm-up
    Leg Ext 4 x ? - Didn't keep track of reps, just repped out until my knees felt loose
    Squats
    1 x 15 - 135
    1 x 12 - 225
    2 x 5 - 225 (done in explosive fashion
    2 x 8 - 315
    1 x 3 - 405 (belt and knee wraps)
    Leg Press (Performed Unilaterally)
    1 x 12 - 180
    2 x 8 - 270
    1 x 20 - 90
    Standing Unilateral Leg Curls
    3 x 12 - 70
    Seated Calf Raises
    3 x 15 - 90
    5 Min Treadmill Walk Cool-down

Red Acid Dosing - 2 Caps at 5:00 a.m.

Thoughts - Woke up at 4:45 and got the oven and skillet going to cook my meals for the day, then took my first dose of RA. Similar to yesterday I seemed to break a sweat quite easily as I was moving around the house getting my clothes for work packed up and getting my gym bag in order. During my workout I sipped my cocktail of Purple Wraath and Glycer Grow. I can't say I noticed anything out of the ordinary from the RA. My workout was only decent, but I attribute that to a sub-par nights sleep, my wife had a hard day at work so I stayed up till 11 or so listening to her. I'll update later on after my 2nd dose.

Meals - I actually got my lazy ass up and cooked this morning so today should be much better, here's the plan for the day:

Meal 1 - (PWO) - 1 scoop ON 100% 1 scoop EvoPro (I use EvoPro with ON because the WPC in ON doesn't agree with my GI tract)

Meal 2 - 8 oz Round Steak w/ carmelized Onions

Meal 3 - Same as meal 2

Meal 4 - Homemade protien bar/pancake (drive home snack)

Meal 5 - Grilled Chicken w/ roasted Asparagus

Meal 6 - 2 Scoops EvoPro

I'll have my details for today to report later this evening. Also, I'll do a weigh-in and get my before pics taken this weekend. Should have that posted by Sunday.

Update 9/29

Training - Shoulders & Arms (8/10)

Solid workout, good energy and intensity throughout.

5 Min Elliptical Warm-up
    Standing Military BB
    1 x 15 - 90 (Warm-up)
    3 x 12 - 135
    Seated DB Military
    1 x 12 - 50
    3 x 8 - 70
    Seated BB Military Behind Head
    3 x 10 - 135
    Preacher Curls
    3 x 12 - 70
    Side Laterals (25lb DB)
    1 x 20
    1 x 15
    1 x Failure
    Hammer Curls (30lb DB)
    3 x 8
    5 Min Elliptical Cool-down

Red Acid Dosing - 2 Caps at 5:30 a.m. and 2 Caps at 11:30 a.m.

Thoughts - Energy seemed to be more even today, didn't experience a very noticeable bump, but there was no crash. I had a better night's sleep which probably contributed to the consistent energy levels as well. Overall this was the best day of the log so far.

Meal 1 - (PWO) - 1 Scoop ON 100%, 1 Scoop EvoPro

Meal 2 - 8 oz Round Steak w/Carmelized Onions

Meal 3 - 6 oz Chicken Breast w/Cashews

Meal 4 - Same as 3

Meal 5 - 2 Pure Protein Bars

Meal 6 - Chicken Breast w/Baked Potato (went to Outback with the wife)

Updates for 9/30 & 10/1

Training - Was feeling slightly under the weather this weekend, so the only exercise I got in was 30 min of cardio on Saturday morning and some inadvertant interval training by letting my dog chase me around at the park on Sunday.

RA Dosing - I took my doses of RA each day and things were pretty normal. Energy levels were pretty even with no noticeable crash. RA is definitely a smoother more muted energy than some of the stronger stims. So far so good in my mind as I haven't experienced any negative sides thus far.

Diet - Was complete shit both days. Saturday my wife and I went to a poker party were I indulged in various finger foods and downed 3 or 4 Amstel Lights. Sunday wasn't much better as I gorged myself at our favorite breakfast restaurant. Weekends are always tough on the diet as I'm pretty much tethered to my wife since we do see each other alot during the week, this usually leads to lots of eating out or social gatherings all of which spell bad diet.

I did take some crappy pics which I'll post up.

Here are the crappy pics.

Stats of this morning:

Bodytype - Fatomorph

Weight - 217 (down a few pounds suprisingly)

Chest - 45'

Rt Arm - 17.75'

Calf - 17'

Quad - 28.75'

Waist - 34.25'

My weight a couple weeks ago was 224, some of the loss I attribute to the cold bug I was wrestling with a few days before I started my log, but hopefully a couple of those pounds are from the RA.

Update 10/2

Training - Back (8/10)

Above average back day, good strength. I had a PR on rack deadlifts, but I've only really done them a handful of times, I felt good on my last set like maybe I could've jumped up to 545, but from past experience I know that deadlifts can go south REAL fast so I didn't push it.

10 Min Ellipitical Warm-up
    Neutral Grip Pullups 3 x 8
    V-Bar Rows
    1 x 15 - 90 + Bar
    1 x 12 - 135 + Bar
    1 x 8 - 180 + Bar
    1 x 8 - 180 + Bar
    Rack Deadlifts (pin set at lowest setting in powercage, just below knees)
    1 x 10 - 225
    1 x 8 - 315
    1 x 6 - 405
    1 x 4 - 495
    Wide Grip Pulldowns behind Neck
    1 x 12 - 120
    1 x 10 - 140
    1 x 9 - 160
    Seated Cable Rows
    1 x 12 - 140
    1 x 10 - 160
    1 x 10 - 180

Red Acid Dosing - 2 Caps at 5:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.

Thoughts - Good energy throughout the day. Although for the first time I noticed a bit of an uncomfortable anxious feeling which I guess would be similar to what Tommy has described in his log. I've felt worse while doing an ECY type stack, but this was a first wit the RA.

Meals - I was doing good until the evening when one of my buddies who I don't get to see very often b/c he has two little girls gave me a ring out of the blue and wanted to grap a beer. So we went to a sports bar and had a couple cold ones. The worst part was that I didn't eat anything after about 6 until I had my night time shake at around 1030

Meal 1 - (PWO) - 1 scoop ON 100% 1 scoop EvoPro (I use EvoPro with ON because the WPC in ON doesn't agree with my GI tract)

Meal 2 - 8 oz Round Steak w/ carmelized Onions

Meal 3 - 6 oz Chicken Breast w/ 1/2 cup of Cashews

Meal 4 - 10 oz Chicken Breast w/ 1/2 cup Cashews

Meal 5 - Pure Protein Peanut Choc Bar (snack for drive home)

Meal 6 - 2 Scoops EvoPro

Nice log so far. Your looking pretty huge, in the good way! By the end of your 30 days you should be well on your way...
    RedAcid Gen2 / SesaGlow Log

http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...5500#post35500

Never be complacent with your body

Quote Originally Posted by AshyLarry
    Nice log so far. Your looking pretty huge, in the good way! By the end of your 30 days you should be well on your way...
    Thanks, AL. I know it'll take longer than 30 days to make a very appreciable difference while maintaining some of my muscle mass, but hopefully if I have good success with the RA I can keep it going up to my vacation.

Update 10/3

Training - Chest/Bi's (8/10)

Very solid chest training day. I had a PR on incline BB and overall just had a good workout. I skipped bi's on my back workout so I decided to hit them a few sets today as well.

10 Min Elliptical Warm-up
    Incline BB
    1 x 15 - 135
    1 x 10 - 185
    1 x 8 - 225
    1 x 4 - 235 (PR)
    DB Flat Bench
    1 x 12 - 80s
    1 x 8 - 90s
    1 x 9 - 90s
    Hammer Strength Decline
    3 x 10 - 180
    Preacher Curls Cambered Bar
    1 x 12 - 60s
    1 x 10 - 80s
    1 x 8 - 80s
    DB Hammer Curls
    1 x 8 - 30s
    1 x 8 - 40s
    1 x 6 - 40s
    Machine Flyes
    2 x 15 - 120

Red Acid Dosing - 2 Caps at 5:20 a.m. and Noon

Thoughts - Didn't really notice much energy today, the prior night's sleep was lackluster so I'll blame that. Caught a good case of the mid-afternoon sleepiness 'round 3ish and had to get a cup of coffee to help battle through it. On another note, when I got out of the shower at the gym I coulda swore I saw some abs trying to peak out at my through all the fat and water attached to my mid-section. Hopefully over the next 8 weeks I'll rescue my abs from purgatory, they've been there pretty much since I stopped playing ball in 2000

Meals - Lackluster meal day as I got up a little late in addition to not doing enough prep the night before so I didn't get a chance to cook my full compliment of meals. Had to grab a few MRP bars leaving the gym to supplement me for the day.

Meal 1 - (PWO) - 1 scoop ON 100% 1 scoop EvoPro

Meal 2 - VPX Zero Impact Choc PB Bar

Meal 3 - Chicken Breast Salad with light dressing

Meal 4 - VPX Zero Impact Choc PB Bar

Meal 5 - Chicken Stir Fry w/ Brown Rice

Meal 6 - 2 Scoops EvoPro

Update 10/4

Training - Legs (7/10)

I woke up about 30 min late so I had a very abbreviated leg training day. The positive was that I had good energy throughout. Also, while the scale says I'm down a few pounds my strength doesn't appear to have waned (Glycergrow perhaps?), I was able to do my last set with a few heavy reps on squat and felt like I easily could have tossed on some quarters.

10 Min Elliptical Warm-Up
    Leg Ext
    4 x 15 - Pin in the middle of the stack
    Back Squats
    1 x 18 - 135
    1 x 8,8 -225 (8 Reps PL Style, 8 Reps Close Stance OL Style)
    2 x 4,4 - 315 (4 Reps PL Style, 4 Reps Close Stance OL style <-----did this twice)
    1 x 5 - 405 (PL Style with Belt and Knee Wraps)
    Good Mornings
    1 x 12 - 45
    1 x 12 - 95
    1 x 8 - 135
    Standing Leg Curls
    3 x 12 - 60

Red Acid Dosing - 2 Caps at 6:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. (busy day in meetings)

Thoughts - My day got off on the wrong foot with me oversleeping, but even though my work was shortened I still felt good. My last set on back squats was done with surprising ease, my knees felt better than they have in a long time. I think maybe throwing in the mix style sets with some OL close stance A2G may have loosened up the knees even more than Leg Ext, will remember for future reference. Thus far I can't really say I've noticed a whole lot from the RA from a noticeable effects point of view, but the scale does say I'm down 6-7lbs and more importantly I'm using a different notch on my belt now. Before I was about half in between the last two notches, now I'm comfortably on the last, I'd say maybe a 1/4 - 1/2 inch difference. I'll take measurements again sometime next week when I'm at the half way point.

Meals - Decent meal day. I had prepped my meals from the night before so oversleeping didn't hurt from that perspective. I still ate a couple of MRP bars, but I got my whole food in as well.

Meal 1 - (PWO) - 1 scoop ON 100% 1 scoop EvoPro

Meal 2 - VPX Zero Impact Choc PB Bar

Meal 3 - 8 oz Chicken Breast w/ 1/2 cup cashews

Meal 4 - 8 oz Chicken Breast w 1/2 cup cashews

Meal 5 - same as meal 2

Meal 6 - Barilla Plus Rotini (Wheat pasta w/Flax) w/Arriabatta Meat Sauce

Meal 7 - 2 Scoops EvoPro

Looking good so far, got some nice muclse mass on your frame! Can't wait to see the final pics.

Thanks, DDawg. I'll be posting up some mid-way pics sometime next week.

Update 10/5

Training - Off

I got a real crappy night's sleep, wasn't able to actually fall asleep 'till around midnightish and the sluggish carried over to the morning. No biggie, I had been hitting it pretty good for 3 days straight so an off day was probably needed to get my energy back up.

Red Acid Dosing - 2 Caps at 7:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.

Thoughts - Nothing much to report, pretty much par for the course with relatively consistent energy levels throughout the day. The RA may have helped more than normal as by the time I got to work and got rolling with the day the hazieness from the poor night of sleep didn't continue to bother me.

Meals - Was doing pretty good until the evening when the wife didn't feel like cooking (it was HER turn) and nor did I so we ordered some Chinese takeout. Yeah, yeah I know, I'll never rescue my abs from the fatty purgatory like that.

Meal 1 - 2 Scoops EvoPro

Meal 2 - Egg white omelette w/ turkey breast and a fat free cheddar

Meal 3 - 8 oz chicken breast w/ 1/2 cup cashews

Meal 4 - Barilla Plus Rotini w/Arriabatta Meat Sauce <- leftovers

Meal 5 - 8 oz chicken breast w/flax caps (ran out of cashews)

Meal 6 - 1 Scoop EvoPro w/ mixed nuts/seeds/raisins (drive home snack)

Meal 7 - Orange Chicken w/ chicken fried rice

Update 10/6

Training - Shoulders/Traps (7/10), strength was down today, don't really have any excuses why. My right elbow and wrist have been giving me trouble intermittently, they were hurting me a bit the first few sets of military, but the pain/stiffness subsided quickly.

Ellipitical - 10 min warm-up
    Seated Military BB
    1 x 12 - 135 (behind head)
    1 x 10 - 155 (behind head)
    1 x 8 - 185 (behind head)
    1 x 12 - 135 (conventional)
    Hammer Strength Military Press
    1 x 15 - 90
    3 x 8 - 180
    Reverse Upright Rows
    3 x 12 - 135
    Rear Delt Machine
    1 x 12 - 100
    1 x 10 - 120
    1 x 8 - 140

Red Acid Dosing - 2 Caps at 5:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.

Thoughts - Energy was way way down. I had a decent night's sleep so I'm not sure what the problem was. This week at work has been pretty stressful and I tend to suffer from an end of the week crash so to speak, but today it was unusually bad. For me RA provides a nice even bump in energy, but nothing so over the top and jittery to combat a day when you're just out of it all together.

Meals - Standard fare for a Friday, good up until the evening when my wife and I decided to go to Red Lobster and gorge ourselves on endless shrimp.
    I also missed a meal because I got caught in a never ending meeting at work that I couldn't break away from.

Meal 1 - PWO - 1 Scoop ON & 1 Scoop EvoPro

Meal 2 - VPX MRP Bar

Meal 3 - 8 oz chicken breast w/ 1/2 cup cashews

Meal 4 - Feast of fried shrimp and shrimp scampi at Red Lobster

Meal 6 - 2 Scoops Evo-Pro

10/7

Training - Off

Took another off day for a combination of reasons. Had an extra long list of stuff to do doled out by the wife and was once again extremely sluggish. Not sure what it is, I just got over a bug a couple weeks ago, but its school time again and my wife teaches so she's around 30 lil germ factories all day so there's no telling

RA Dosing - 2 caps at 7:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.

Meals - Not terrible, but the wife and I went to the movies where I indulged in some Popcorn (can resist freshly popped!) and a slushy like substance.

Meal 1 - 2 Scoops EvoPro

Meal 2 - Turkey Omelette

Meal 3 - Turkey Sandwich w/low fat swiss

Meal 4 - 1 cup cottage cheese w/ 1/2 cup Fiber One Cereal

Meal 5 - Ground Turkey Breast Meatloaf w/ baked Sweet Potato

Cheat - Movie Theatre trip

Meal 6 - 2 Scoops EvoProa

Thread Information