Excedrin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excedrin

Hey guys. I need your help...again. I take Excedrin for my joints and stuff before football, basketball whatever it may be because they are that bad I am limited to what I can do without pain killers. I have had to up my dosage as the football season has gone by. Right now, I am up to 5 Excedrin tablets Sit back down...I keep water in my system thru-out the day during school..A gallon a day before practice to be exact.

To take care of bloating with the excedrin, I take 5 Tums. Yeah, I know, its not the best way to go but nothing gets rid of the pain in my legs (Shin Splints, Bad Knee Joints, Hips etc) I know you guys are going to tell me its wrong to do and everything but I am wondering how many would I have to be at to be at that overdose range..foolish to think about that? Yeah probably, but Im a teen, I think about that kind of stuff.

I am thinking I should up my water intake to 2 gallons a day. But I thought of something I read awhile ago. I read on a forum that 2 gallons is hard on your kidneys and Im putting my kidneys through enough already so I dont want kidney failure or some shit. So what should I do? I was thinking today, I will have to take Excedrin until like February cause football season ends shortly and I have to turn my sprinting conditioning into distance conditioning so I will have to take Exdcedrin for that, then, I got Basketball from November to February. After that, I'm done I think unless I decide to go out for Track or get back to lifting crazy again. Who knows what my dosage will have to be by the end of Basketball! Help please!!! Thanks guys!
    i!Please Support Me in My Log!i

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

that's 1250 mg's of asprin a day and 1250 of Acetaminophen a day....not good man, not good.

I'm going to let one of our doctors comment further, but you're borderline overdosing on these pain meds. There has to be a better way to deal with the pain and we also need to talk about addiction. What's up?

Comment

your young right?

you shouldnt need pain meds...

are you the guy with the herniated back disc?

Comment

No thats not me, holy shit, Im scared now. Im 15, with bad joints. Help me guys, I got a game tomorrow. ASAP PLEASE!

I have alot of questions and Im still pretty to new to bodybuilding so can you please help me out?

Comment

I dont mean to spam the boards or anything but GUYS! AM I LIKE GOING TO DIE!!?! I figured I will take them tomorrow, and then be done til Monday SOMEBODY PLEASE!! HELP!!

Comment

you're not going to die....you'd have to take over 4,000 mg of asprin and Acettaminophen a day to officially OD.

http://www.nclnet.org/takewithcare/aspirin.htm

http://www.mcare.org/media/pdf_autog...n%20a%20day%22

you do need to get this under control though and your first step is to contact your family health care provider.
            Last edited by JThompson; 09-27-2006, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Phew 4000mg's, You'd have to be popping pills like Mr. Owens to get that in ya
              A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

nah...he just confused them with his supplements

Comment

If you need to take that many pain meds on a daily basis you need to be evaluated for joint issues. Pain means there is a problem all you are doing with the meds is masking the existing issue and further aggravating it by continuing with your activities. You need to see a doc to find the cause of the prob. I suggest going to either a sports med doc, PM&R doc or an orthopedic doc . . . or even your family doc as a starting point.
                  Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

yeah, that many pain meds everyday will start to take a toll on your liver and kidneys over time.
                    REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                    Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                    Purple Psyko
                    Gold Feast
                    Blue Gene
                    Blue Growth
                    REDuction AM/PM Shots
                    REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                    Orange TRIad
                    White Flood (5 Flavors)
                    Black Hole
                    Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                    Green Bulge
                    White Blood 2
                    Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                    Blue Up
                    Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                    GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                    CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                    Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

bad joints at 15?

Comment

Maybe I over exaterated my joints, my knees will hurt some days and then like another day they will be fine but my hip will be popping when I run, or my ankles will hurt. My body is retarded like that but my shin splints are horrible and wont go away. I will have to start doing ABC's during class.

Comment

To me, it sounds like there may be a imbalance in your diet causing inflammation or you are overtraining. If it's inflammation, fishoil / EFA's should help to some degree, but talk to your doctor because excedrin is NOT the answer in your scenario.

EDIT: Based on your last update, I'm thinking it's overtraining.
                          Last edited by pu12en12g; 09-29-2006, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alerux
                            Maybe I over exaterated my joints, my knees will hurt some days and then like another day they will be fine but my hip will be popping when I run, or my ankles will hurt. My body is retarded like that but my shin splints are horrible and wont go away. I will have to start doing ABC's during class.
                            Popping is not bad unless there is pain accompanying the popping. It's really hard to say what the cause is without a physical exam. However, as PT said it is most likely related to over training based on your description. Additionally, it could also be an inbalance in muscle strength around your knee, joint laxity, improper gait mechanics, stress fracture etc . . . the list goes on and on. The best thing would be to see a doc for a proper evaluation. Next best thing would be to take some time off from sports and give your legs a chance to recover.
                            Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
                              Pain means there is a problem all you are doing with the meds is masking the existing issue and further aggravating it by continuing with your activities. .
                              exactly how i feel about drugs for depression..

its not helping anything just hiding it..

Comment

Working...
                              X