• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great log.
    Thanksgiving thru Christmas is the perfect time to bulk

Comment

Day 15:

Big time dissapointment yesterday. Weighed in at 183 again. I guess its not a huge deal seeing is how by the time I weigh in I've eaten 3/5 of my meals and drank a gallon of water but still I was hoping to see 17X for the first time in 10 years. Well, I guess theres always next week! Lifting went well, maxed out on squat again, so I'm up to 250x3 so hopefully I'll make it to 315 by the end of the year. Db Presses were a little weak but I'm ok with that. Diet was pretty damn good yesterday, resisted the urge to have mini pb snacks once I got home and had a smaller dinner than normal as a result of my upsetting weigh in. Barring any rain tonight I'm heading out on the bike for a good 10-15 miles. Gotta work that fat off some way!
      RedAcid Gen2 / SesaGlow Log

http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...5500#post35500

Never be complacent with your body

Comment

Day 16:

Well I finally got back on my bike yesterday. It was really cold and I definetly could have ridden longer then 8 miles energy wise, but my hands were so freakin cold I had to go in. I was pretty tired at first but once I hit mile 2 my body like woke up and I was full of energy. I should have no problem getting into the 15 mile zone tomorrow, weather permitting. Dosing was same as normal yesterday, with RA about 45 minutes before I rode. Diet was pretty good, I'm finding myself hungry at night from 8pm and on. I don't really have nything good to snack on so I usually just have a couple spoonfuls of PB and Jelly but I'm think thats becoming detremental to my progress. I'm not sure what to substitute in thats less calories but just as filling. I used to eat raisins alot but they are also decently high calorie per serving. Maybe I should buy some Whey and start having shakes at night, those usually hold me over until I go to sleep. Thats all for today....

Comment

Day 17:

Had a great workout last night. My lifting partner skipped so I was solo which sucks usually cause its incline DB press day and I usually can't get the weight up wihout a spotter. But I was able to get up what I needed without him! I was pretty excited. I was a little weak for dips but by the time I hit the deadlift mat I was feeling great. I felt strong though all my sets and was sweating like crazy as usual. Once I finised everything I had planned (DB press, Dips, Deads, Hypers, pushdowns) I was still very energetic so I did 3 quick sets of Squats to get a nice stretch.

IMO I ate pretty good yesterday. Kashi in the morning, apple/bana snacks, Tuna for lunch on WW, PBJ on WW snakc, Eqq whites and Sweet potato for dinner, and 1-1.5 tbsp pbj for late snack. I have to say I was decently hungry thoughout the early morning after breakfast. By the time lunch came and gone my hunger slowly dissapated. After dinner I was pretty good until about 10ish when I had a little rumble so I ate some PB. All together the appetite suppression is there just not overwhelmingly strong, you still need will power lol!

Anyway, I'll be forcing myself to either run or bike this afternoon, so hopefully it doesn't rain. That's all....

Comment

Originally posted by AshyLarry
            Day 17:

Had a great workout last night. My lifting partner skipped so I was solo which sucks usually cause its incline DB press day and I usually can't get the weight up wihout a spotter. But I was able to get up what I needed without him! I was pretty excited. I was a little weak for dips but by the time I hit the deadlift mat I was feeling great. I felt strong though all my sets and was sweating like crazy as usual. Once I finised everything I had planned (DB press, Dips, Deads, Hypers, pushdowns) I was still very energetic so I did 3 quick sets of Squats to get a nice stretch.

IMO I ate pretty good yesterday. Kashi in the morning, apple/bana snacks, Tuna for lunch on WW, PBJ on WW snakc, Eqq whites and Sweet potato for dinner, and 1-1.5 tbsp pbj for late snack. I have to say I was decently hungry thoughout the early morning after breakfast. By the time lunch came and gone my hunger slowly dissapated. After dinner I was pretty good until about 10ish when I had a little rumble so I ate some PB. All together the appetite suppression is there just not overwhelmingly strong, you still need will power lol!

Anyway, I'll be forcing myself to either run or bike this afternoon, so hopefully it doesn't rain. That's all....
            Good eatin !!!

Comment

Day 18:

Well I was already to go for a nice bike ride when I got home from work when it decided to SNOW! So needless to say I bitched out and didn't go. That makes yesterday my rest day which I know I'll be regretting on saturday. So yesterday was pretty average nothing exciting to report.

There was 1 unusual thing though. I forgot my 6pm Sesaglow so I took it at 1030pm and went to bed at 1130, around 4am I woke up with a crazy pain in my right hip/stomach/lower abdomen area, went to the bathroom, got extremely light-headed and barely made it back to my bed. I layed their for atleast 5minutes in pain then passed out back to sleep as if nothing happened. This morning I didn't feel anything. I have absolutely no idea what the hell that was all about, but it sure was weird, not sure if it was caused by the sesaglow so late, or the massive amount of water I drank from 7pm-1130...who knows.....

Comment

Keep up the good work, AL

Comment

Days 19/20/21:

Friday was a good workout. My lifting partner skipped out for the weekend and went to buffalo so I was solo but It didn't hurt much. All my lifts felt good, and I had good energy throughout. Lots of sweating becoming more noticable now.

Diet was good, pretty much a replica of the day before. Also, I drank alot of water again, and got a good 8 hours of sleep which was nice. Overall I'd say this weekend was good, diet was clean and portions were smaller. I noticed that when I eat a meal, if I take my time and halfway through decide I've had enough, I will not be hungry, but if I don't stop and jsut keep eating I'll eat my entire portion. So for a couple of meals over the weekend, I just stopped eating halfway through and wasn't hungry for 3-4 hours atleast after.

This is going to be the final 9 days comming up and I really want to see some nice results for the finish. This week will definetly be a test of my commitment so I'm going to work as hard as I need to accomplish something. If all goes well I might grab another bottle of RA2 and do another 30 days, but I'm still debating on when to start bulking as well.

Comment

Day 22:

Yesterday was weird. I took my RA/SG in the morning, then took a SG around 3pm, then RA around 5. Got to the gym at 530 and was feeling pretty good. I had a lot of energy during the beginning of my workout, but when I got to squatting I just ran out of steam. Same thing with situps, started strong with a 15rep set, then by the thrid set I could only get 5-6. Anyway, weighed in at 182.4 which is down from last week but still above 180! The goal for this week is to get the scale to say 17X.X, so I'll be working as hard as possible to get there. Diet was pretty damn good yesterday except I feel asleep on the couch around 930, woke up at 1015 starving so I had a few tbsp's of pbj (no bread). I tried not to but my stomach was yelling at me. Still, I should be under maintance by a few hundred calories yesterday.
                    My waist is still stuck at a stubborn 37" which aggrivates me constantly, but I noticed it doesnt get bigger by the end of the day so I guess thats good. i think the main problem there is loose skin

Comment

Alot of people recommend doing your abs, if you intend to work them hard, to do them first. I even do my abs before I go to gym. Leg raises, crunches, whatever I do on heavy days, do it first. Weights are a big drain, but doin abs which are already worked from EVERY lifting act (especially heavy) arent ready for much more, nevermind isolation of just abs. Pick AB days and do'em first. 3 heavy AB days(first) on medium-Lt-none lifting area days. Every heavy weight day end your workout with abs til u cant do no -more. No need to push it, tomorrows a heavy Ab day. Good luck.
                      Faith is the substance of things hoped for......HEBREWS

Comment

I'll take your advice on that.

Day 23:

Yesterday was pretty average. I think I have the appetite supressment down now. All you have to do if eat half of your meal, sit back for about 2 minutes and go for another bite, you won't be able to. Its pretty nice, 1 time cooking lasts for two meals. Other than that nothing else to report. excited to do some lifting tonight even though my friend is missing again.

Comment

Day 24:

Yesterday was a good day overall. Had to get up slightly earlier at 6am to register for winter classes so I took my RA/SG around that time. I noticed then when I ate breakfast it was a bit harder to finish it. My diet was pretty good yesterday, my basic days are looking like this lately:

Breakfast - Kashi w/milk
                          Snacks - Banana's, apples
                          Lunch - Tuna on WW (pickles and mustard and gum afterwards lol)
                          Dinner - Chicken w/ vegatables (sometimes with pasta or sweet potato)
                          Last meal - 6 hard boiled egg whites

Lots of water.

Yesterdays workout went pretty good. I was feeling slightly weak on my squats but that was to be expected after 5 sets of deadlifts. Also, I had a little bit more stamina for dips than usual and overall a good amount of energy throughout the workout. Sweating was at its max which is almost enjoyable, makes me feel like I'm really working in there.

Thats all, 5 days left and I have a good feeling about this week. I'll be taking pictures on the last day along with a final weigh in and I'll even use the crappy BF tester in the gym even though I didn't at the start.

Comment

Day 25:

Off day, rained all day so couldnt get out to run or bike. Hopefully it will be nicer over the weekend to get some riding done. Diet was very good yesterday, appetite was in check, didn't get too hungry all day, just mildly hungry after 3 hours since last meal. Drank lots of water also which contributed to feeling very full after each meal.

Plan on torturing myself tonight at the gym! will update on Monday (Day 29).

Comment

Day 26/27/28:

Update for the weekend. Friday was a ok day. My workout kind of sucked. Couldn't get focused and didn't feel like I got a good workout. I ate well though. Saturday was also a good day of eating and I had a decent amount of energy all day, despite wasting it watching football all day. Also, I noticed on off days that taking RA later, around 6pm or so, keeps my appetite down substantially then it does when I take it at 4pm.

Sunday I went to a car meet/cruise and didn't eat from like 930am until 6pm which kind of sucked, but surprisingly I wasn't hungry until 530 or so. I took my RA around 6 when I got back and It took me 2 tries to finish my dinner. RA is definetly good at supressing apaetite, but timing is key.

Also, I will weighin Wednesday which will be the first day off the RA and we'll call this my final weight. I've decided that I want to get A LOT leaner before bulking so I'm going to be continuing on Sesaglow and RA2 for another 30 days. Only difference will be adding for CEE to the mix. I will start with this next monday. I'm not sure if I'm going to log it or not, or just continue with this log.

Comment

Day 29:

Good workout today, had energy throughout. Said goodbye to 5x5 for a while and started a more push/pull type training. Lifting 6 days a weeks to make up for lack of cardio so hopefully I can see some good results. I want to definetly go home for thanksgiving a few pounds lighter. Today is the last day then I'm going to return to eating maintance. Then next monday I'll start on the RA2/GB/SG for another 30 days.

Also, feeling warm after taking the RA is nice considering the cold weather we've been having.

Comment

Working...
                                X