JT's Red Acid Gen 2 Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 5

I did not weigh myself this morning, sorry.

Initial Dose: 9:35...I slept in! It was so nice and DOMS after leg days were much easier to manage after the long nights sleep. I had my first dose with a bowl of Kashi cereal.

I didn't do jack this morning and it was nice, if the RAG2 gave me energy my lack of motivation killed it. I sat in front of the t.v. for 2 hours catching up on the tivo'd shows from the week. BTW...6 degrees and SMITH are pretty good shows, I'm going to continue tivoing them.

1st snack: leftover turkey burger with cheese on 2 slices of wheat bread.

2nd dose
    : 1:20 as I was leaving the house. My wife wanted to go shopping and get her hair done and I had a few things to buy too. We stopped at Sonic on the way for some lunch...I had a breakfast burrito with ham and a cherry limeade...I know, I know, but it's saturday get off my back .

I walked around the mall 3 times because I felt guilty about more fast food and then scoped out a few stores. I found a pair of shoes and a few shirts to buy, but I am fasion retarded, so I waited for the wife approval first. So while she was finishing with her hair, I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up a FLEX magazine and who do I find in the center on a full page add? Our own John Lee. Great pics and great add...well done Tank. I read the Ronnie Coleman interview then put it back on the rack as I was sure the wife was done.

I did end up buying the shoes and shirts I picked out....so maybe I'm not completely fashion retarded and have learned a few things...who knows.

Dinnerish: We grabbed a snack at Taco Bell...stop it, it's saturday...and I had a grande soft taco with a water. We left for the game. Tonight was UNT vs. Middle Tennessee State....and we got our asses kicked. In fact, we left after the 3rd quarter when it was 28-0..which isn't so bad, but we only had 5 first downs in 3 quarters and 2 of them were on the first two plays...we got beat in all facets of the game tonight...quite a bummer.

Late dinnerish
    : I had a tuna melt...albacore tuna with a slice of cheese with two slices of wheat bread. Pretty good and that's all I'll have for the rest of the night...except water.

Fun thought of the night: I actually don't have one...still kinda upset about that ass kicking I witnessed...hopefully I'll be able to make someone smile tomorrow.

Comment

Love your log dude. Great read.

I gotta say though...the thought of Sonic and Taco Bell in one day makes me wanna vomit. I have no idea how you can eat that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JThompson
        Day 5

Fun thought of the night: I actually don't have one...

Comment

JT you should start to root for the Buckeys

Also love the log, very easy to read and right to the point.

Keep it up!
          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

oh yes, I came home and watched the second half of the OSU vs. Iowa game and that cheered me up. I have family who live in Ohio who are alumi so I'll always be rooting for the buckeyes...can't wait for that Michigan game!

Comment

Thats what I like to hear!!!

I'm guessing tickets for "the game" will be upwards of 1500/each. So anyone with a free ticket I'd love them forever. The game could produce one of the teams for the national title game, so it'll be a big one!

Go Bucks!

Comment

I mean no offense to Auburn, USC, West Virginia or the others...but to me, that will be the national title game...it's too bad one of them has to lose before the BCS.

Comment

Day 6

No weigh in today either...there will be one at the gym tomorrow though.

Initial dose: 8:45 a.m. with tall glass of water.

I got a lot of work around the house done this morning and was actually focused for a Sunday morning. We went out around 9:30-10:00 to do our usual Sunday routine.

Second dose: 1:30 with a chicken breast sandwich.

I watched a bit of the Cowboy/Titans game and around 3:30 I ate a tuna melt. I was busy all day with stuff around the house, laundry and all the stuff I didn't feel like doing during the week.

Dinner: Pasta dish with chicken. You may see more simple carbs during the rest of this log, I'm going to need the energy. I'm not going to focus on them nor will I eat much more than 2000 calories as my goal is to be under 2000....but during a more cardio intensive training program, I think I should be eating more carbs.

During the weekend I'm so unfocused and relaxed that I'm unable to give good information as I tend to drown that out and try to get my mind and body prepared for another week of work and training. This log will be more detailed during the week than the weekends....but you'll always get updates.

Fun thought of the day: I'm excited about this new 4 weeks that I've planned for myself and my workout partner. It should push some limits and allow for some growth...and I don't think Bobby (workout partner) has sprinted in some time, so we'll be pushing past some limits there. He's playfully told me that he hates me in the gym, this next week he may actually mean it .

Comment

Sounds like some good carb adjustments !

Comment

Day 7

Weight
                      : 194

Initial Dose
                      : 5:35 with GM and WB.

Workout was awesome this morning! I kicked my own ass and talk about sweat. I sweat through a hooded sweatshirt. I was focused and pumped and really had a good time in the gym. I think RAG2 will really help me with this current plan.

Second dose
                      : 11:45 right before lunch. I walked to the local Thai restaurant and was in another total sweat. I had some great Thai with some good quality protein from chicken and beef. I had to change my shirt when I got back to work as I sweat through my undershirt. I don't know if it was today, my workout, or if new effects are coming from RAG2. Either way I'm sweating and should be cutting weight.

Dinner: I had peppered turkey breast, rice, and corn. Those precooked turkey breasts from Jeanie-O are excellent and a nice lean protein source...check them out if you need to change things up a bit, they taste great.

Fun thought of the day: I had all my pills laid out last night (WB, RAG2, vitamin, fishoil, and sesamin), and my wife said I take more pills than old people. I wonder what she'll think when I buy some Green Bulge when it goes glycocamine free .

Comment

Day 8

Weight: 193

Initial Dose
                        : 6:15 with Kashi cereal.

Another very busy day at work so I didn't have much time to reflect. I was very focused this morning though.

2nd Dose: 11:45. Lunch today was out again...wife is out of town and I've just been too lazy to pack my lunch. I have been making good choices though. Today was mexican. We have a great local mom and pop mexican restaurant here in Denton, Mi Casita. I went out with my co-workers and had two soft beef tacos.

This afternoon I spent training a new employee so I again didn't have much time to reflect, but it was kind of hectic with many student issues and I did sweat a bit.

Dinner: I had leftovers tonight since I had to leave pretty much right after work to play tennis. Turkey and rice tonight.

Tennis night! I sweat a ton tonight and I think my body is finally reacting to RAG2's thermogenics because I've been sweating a ton during my last two workouts. I played poorly tonight, but still won. I played Phillip who has a monster serve, but makes many mental errors. I too was having a problem finding the center of my racket tonight and had many mis-hits. I started off really poorly dropping the first three games, but then I came back and brought it to 4-4 and ended up winning 6-4. I played smart tennis even though I wasn't on my game. Once I get my sorry butt in shape, I think I'd like to enter some tournaments. We play at a fairly high level and I have now beat everyone in the group...I'm pretty proud of my game and now I need to work on speed and strength and I might be able to do some great things. Too bad I'm 29 or I'd think about bigger things.

Fun thought of the day: The Cardinals take game one of the NLDS! I'm a huge Cardinals fan and even though they backed their way into the playoffs, I think they've got a good chance to represent the National League in the World Series. Go Cards!

Comment

Bah, unfortunatly I'm a Reds, err I mean deads fan

Getting a shipment of rag2 in tomorrow, fiance is testing it out first, cant wait to see this stuff in action!

Comment

Day 9

Weight: 193. I think I might be retaining water. I've been sweating a bunch lately, but not dropping weight like I expect. Does anyone think an increase in sodium will help this, or should I just stay the course?

Initial Dose: 5:30 a.m. With GM and WB.

Great workout this morning. My partner wasn't there so I didn't lift heavy, but still had a solid workout. I'm liking this whole body workout because it makes me sweat so much, but I don't get the pumps that I was with the more individual muscle group workouts. After the whole body I did another session of HIIT, wore my butt out.

Had typical protein, xtend pre and post workout. FYI-I'm running very low on Xtend and will run out before the log is over. I'm not going to replace it with anything until the RAG2 is gone, then I'm going to get some PW.

Second Dose: 11:45 right before lunch. Lunch today was cereal at the fun cereal bar. It's a nice lean, carb filled way to fuel the rest of my day.

I had an interesting experience and I think it was from the RAG2, my first energy crash at around 2:00. I was very lethargic and could have fallen asleep at my desk. This was the first time I felt anything like this while on RAG2 so it is merely a guess that it was the culprit, and probably wrong. I think I also need to get more sleep since I'm doing a more cardio intensive workout. Either way, this was the first afternoon that wasn't productive while on RAG2.

Dinner: I had two turkey burgers on wheat bread with a slice of cheese...and a glass of milk (always skim milk). It was a nice lean protein source to end the day. I'll probably have a glass of milk before bed.

FYI: I tweaked my lower back about 2 weeks ago and it's finally gotten bad enough for me to go to the chiropractor. This will not effect my workouts or cardio unless he finds something horribly wrong. I'll keep you posted, but I'm going to assume that after a few adjustments, I'll be back to normal and I plan on fighting through this discomfort and working hard towards my goal and providing you with a decent account of how this supplement works in the real world.

Fun thought of the day: I got Packers tickets! Yes, I know that means nothing to most of you out there, but I'm a Packer fan and get to see Bret play in his final year (or so he says). We're seeing the Nov 19th game against the Patriots...so a match up between to excellent quarterbacks. I'm sure my Packers will get their butts whipped, but getting tickets is so hard to do down here in Texas...I'm a happy camper.

Comment

Day 10

No weigh in this morning.

Initial Dose: 6:20 a.m. with Kashi cereal.

I was training an employee again this morning so no real time to reflect, but I was focused all morning.

Lunch: Tacos once again. I'll be getting back into my normal routine next week...this is just a hectic week around my house.

2nd dose: I forgot to take it before I ate, in fact I forgot to take it until 2:00 p.m.

I had another energy crash this afternoon. I don't think I'm eating enough calories and RAG2 is doing too good of a job supressing my appitite. I did not eat either of my snacks because I just wasn't hungry. I need to find a happy medium here.

Dinner: I ate more at dinner than I have during the past ten days. I ate two medium sized chicken breasts (baked) with a side of bread stuffing. Hopefully those calories will help me have a quality workout tomorrow morning and I'll try something new to help me in the afternoon.

Off day working out as I'm just fatigued. I'll be ready to go tomorrow. I also wonder if the slight pain and discomfort in my back has anything to do with this, it has been worse the past few days. I'm seeing the chiro on Saturday to get this fixed.

Fun thought of the day: Cards went up 2-0! woohoo!

Comment

Day 11

Weight: 194 lbs

Initial dose: 5:30 a.m. with GM and WB

Good workout this morning. It was good because I fought through it all and didn't slack off. It wasn't good because I'm very fatigued and my darned back is out of whack. I did another full body routine, the third variation of this so I get to work different angles and also not get bored with the same routine three times a week. I sweat a ton like usual when taking RAG2.

This morning at work I just fought through the day. I don't know if I'm getting sick or what, but this fatigue is kicking my butt.

Lunch: I grabbed some chinese for lunch. Sesame chicken...it was decent and a small portion so I didn't pig out like I used to do with Chinese.

2nd dose: 2:00 again. I meant to do it this time to try and fight afternoon energy crash. It worked pretty well. I had lots of meetings this afternoon and I was focused throughout.

Dinner: I haven't eaten yet. I'll grab a light snack, probably leftover turkey here soon. The appitite suppressant in RAG2 is amazing. I could seriously go all day without eating on this stuff. I'm not hungry now, but know I need some food.

I'm going to sleep most of this weekend and I'm seeing the chiro tomorrow morning and hopefully I'll be good to go for monday. Don't expect too much this weekend out of me, but I'll stay on schedule with the RAG2.

Also, expect a 'semi-formal' product review from me after day 15.

Fun thought of the day
                                : The Dallas Mavericks were on my campus this afternoon for a scrimage. It was free for faculty and staff so I went. It was really fun and those guys played hard for pre-season. I wish them the best and hopefully they can bring a championship to Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                                X