• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT's Red Acid Gen 2 Log

Current stats:

Height: 6'
    Current Weight: 198 (as of 9/22/06)

Current Workout:

This is about to change. I'm currently doing a typical 3 day split; Monday=Chest/Back, Wednesday=Bis/Tris, Friday=Shoulders/Legs. Four excersises in each catagory with 3 sets of 10 reps for each excersise. I play competitive tennis on Tuesday nights for cardio, and sometimes I run on Thrusday nights...typically no more than a mile.

This will be changing to more of a weightloss/calorie buringing routine. I will be doing a 3 day/week full body routine. So 1 excersise of Chest/Back/Tris/Bis/Shoulders/Legs followed up by some form of interval running(starting at half a mile and working my way up, pending time). Each excersise will be 2 sets of 15 reps with lighter weight than I am currently doing. I will be starting this 4 week routine Monday 10/2/06 and should last through my bottle of RAG2. I will still be playing tennis on Tuesday nights as my off-day cardio. I will assess how RAG2 effects my sleep and if it doesn't have negative effects, I want to hold off on my 2nd dose for tuesdays until 30-45 minutes before tennis for added energy.

Current Suppliments:

Upon waking: Green Mag (2/3 scoop) and 3 White Blood
    While driving to gym: Substance WPI (1 scoop) and Xtend (3 scoops)
    Post workout: Dymatize Elite Whey (1 1/2 scoops)
    Multivitamin (NOW ADAM)
    Fish Oil (NOW FOODS) 4 caps a day
    Sesamin (Scivation) 2 caps a day, 1 with lunch and 1 with dinner
    *I will be running out of sesamin during this log (probably first week, haven't counted pills but I'm getting low) I will not add any suppliment during this log and will post if anything has run out, but the only thing that is close is my WPI.

FOOD!:

While it's not the best practice, I don't get any solid food until my 10 a.m. snack. I've tried breakfast before working out, but I get nauseous at the gym. I get in a WPI shake pre and a Whey shake post and my energy levels are high and my stomach is settled for a good workout. I'm in the gym at 6 a.m. and at work by 8 a.m. so timing is important. So after my post workout shake I get in a snack around 10 a.m. today it was string cheese. Lunch is at 12 and it is typically a turkey sandwich on whole wheat with cheese, yogurt, fruit cup or some fruit. My next snack is at 3 and it is typically a kashi bar. Dinner is very close to 6 and it typically consists of meat, rice, and veggie...tonight will be steak, rice, and brochli. I'm hoping to keep my caloric intake to be around 2000 calories per day and less if I can manage it.

Water intake is typically around 1 gallon...it's now 2:57 and I've had exactly 64 ounces so I'm half way there.

I will be taking RAG2 upon waking with GM and WB and my second dose with my lunch.

Pics: are horrible, beware the budda belly

Fun thought of the day: An updated quote from my favorite move: "Help me Red Acid Generation 2, you're my only hope."
    Last edited by JThompson; 09-25-2006, 09:14 PM.

note, I don't have RAG2 yet, but I think I'll post a few things...

Sunday: played tennis for over 2 hours. I won 6-4, 6-4 and played a hard fought battle against my friend Andrew. The first game was 4 all until I broke him to go 5-4 and served for the win. The second game I came from down 2-4 to win 4 straight games. It felt good to play for so long, I'm sure I burned a ton of calories. It's also nice to win...hehe!

Monday: Great workout this morning. My friend Bobby and I are really hitting a groove. He's much stronger that I am, but I've been working out longer so I still lift heavier on a couple of lifts. I have hit a plateau on bench that I hope to get over, I'd post the weight, but you guys would laugh...I have long ass arms and bench has always been a weak spot. My chest did feel strong though and my back is feeling good too. You can't see any muscle mass there, but I am starting to feel my back getting thicker. This is our last week with our current split and I've seen some progress...Bobby has seen a lot, it's fun to see him excited too.

Didn't weigh in this morning, but you'll be getting a daily weight as soon as I start RAG2.

Comment

Link to BB.com Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=911858

Comment

FYI: I received RAG2 last night and took my first dose this morning. Updates will come this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by JThompson
          note, I don't have RAG2 yet, but I think I'll post a few things...

Sunday: played tennis for over 2 hours. I won 6-4, 6-4 and played a hard fought battle against my friend Andrew. The first game was 4 all until I broke him to go 5-4 and served for the win. The second game I came from down 2-4 to win 4 straight games. It felt good to play for so long, I'm sure I burned a ton of calories. It's also nice to win...hehe!

Monday: Great workout this morning. My friend Bobby and I are really hitting a groove. He's much stronger that I am, but I've been working out longer so I still lift heavier on a couple of lifts. I have hit a plateau on bench that I hope to get over, I'd post the weight, but you guys would laugh...I have long ass arms and bench has always been a weak spot. My chest did feel strong though and my back is feeling good too. You can't see any muscle mass there, but I am starting to feel my back getting thicker. This is our last week with our current split and I've seen some progress...Bobby has seen a lot, it's fun to see him excited too.

Didn't weigh in this morning, but you'll be getting a daily weight as soon as I start RAG2.
          Nice initial / background info !!

Comment

Day 1:

Morning weight: 197 on home scale...don't know how accurate it is, but it's always close to the scale at the gym so we'll say it's accurate.

Initial does of RAG2: 7:35 a.m. Woke up late so breakfast was bad. Took the RAG2 with a protein shake with milk instead of usual kashi cereal.

Work was very busy in the morning so I did not feel anything from the RAG2, but really didn't have time to reflect if I had any more energy or not.

2nd dose of RAG2: 12:05 with lunch. Lunch was typical as outlined above. Again work was busy in afternoon, I was helping students one after the other and didn't notice any change in energy level...but again it was a stressful day so not a good assessment yet.

Dinner was good. Lean turkey breast with rice...no veggie as I tried to keep calories down because I played tennis at 6:30 and didn't have much time to digest. I'm going to have a tall glass of skim milk pre-bed to make up for those calories. I didn't count very well today, but I'm certain it was under 2000.

6:30 cardio: Tennis. Tennis was great tonight. We played warm up games for half an hour until the whole group was there. Had a nice sweat going when my match started. I played Ron tonight. Ron is very good and kicked my butt last time we played 6-1, 6-1. Tonight was a different story. We played an epic match, both were on our games. I took him 7-5 in a hour long set. We called it an evening after an hour and I was thankful...I was exhausted. Legs were jello and he certainly would have taken the second set, I put everything into the first. Looks like I need to work on my endurance so you may see some distance running in this log. I drink Xtend during my match.

Spreading the laughs around: at work we were talking about the crappiest jobs we ever had...I was once a telemarketer for a company that sold time-shares. Man, that was a character builder. We all had a nice laugh talking about the crap we used to do. Who's had a crappy job?
            Last edited by JThompson; 09-26-2006, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Dude, I love your log. Also- I feel like you and I have the same body (I'm just thinner). Check out the pics in my log...we have the same chest-hair!! Haha.

Comment

Haha, yes we do! If I can drop 30 lbs and get down to 170 we could be chest hair twins .

thanks for reading.

Comment

Man if you got down to 170, we would look so alike it's scary.

Comment

Day 2:
                    Weight: 195

Initial dose of RAG2: 5:35 a.m. I took it with GM and WB. On the drive to the gym I drank a WPI/Xtend shake.

Arms day. I must say that I really enjoy arms day on WB...it makes my puny arms look good! I was a bit groggy when I first hit the gym, but my 5 minute warm-up on the treadmill woke me up enough to get in a good arms workout. Weight was up and I feel that I'm making better progress on my biceps than my triceps, but I still enjoy stressing those two muscle groups. I did 4 excersises for bis and tris and exhausted the muscles and had a damn good pump (for me at least) when I was finished.

I did notice something in the gym that I think I can contribute to the RAG2. It wasn't a burst of artificial energy like I got from Lipo6 or caffine, but I noticed that while I exhausted my muscles, I wanted to stay in the gym and keep going. I've been using GM and WB for two weeks now and haven't had that kind of energy/motivation until this morning. It wasn't a 'I want to rip your f'ing head off' kind of energy, but a nice steady push to keep going. I really hope this is the effect that RAG2 gives, because I like it.

I'm down two pounds from yesterday, probably due to calorie deficit, but anything less than the previous day and I'm happy.

I drank a whey shake post workout and ate string cheese at 10 a.m.

Second dose: right before lunch at 11:55.

Lunch was great today. If anyone has a chance to go to Rudy's bar-b-que...go! It a fun place and a unique way to order food. You order your meat by the pound. So for lunch I had 1/4 pound of smoked turkey and 1/8 pound of pork loin. Both meats were very lean and very tasty. You have the option to have bread and many sides, but I just picked up a fork and knife and went at it. Great workout day lunch. I had a bit of spicy sauce with my pork as it was slightly dry and a green tea to drink.

I finally felt warm from the RAG2 and was sweating just a bit this afternoon and had to turn on my office fan. It was another nice feeling of constant energy, I'm really liking that aspect and hope that this is going to continue with RAG2.

Dinner: Dinner was light tonight. A turkey burger on wheat bread with a slice of colby jack cheese and a sliced apple. I'm still hungry so I'll probably have another tall glass of milk pre-bed.

Calories were pretty low today, I would guess another day below 2000. I'm hungry at night and have to fight through, but not hungry during the day so the RAG2 is helping there. Energy is still high though, so even though I'm in a deficit I don't feel that I'm starving myself. The scale will tell though.

Off topic thought of the day: My wife and I watch The Biggest Loser which we are Tivoing as I type this. That show is such a motivating tool and filled with good info from the trainers. Give it a chance if you haven't watched it yet. I typically don't encourage t.v. to those wanting to lose weight, but this 1 hour on the couch comes with benefits and motivation.
                    Last edited by JThompson; 09-27-2006, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Day 2: (only posting half the day, I will finish this tonight at home)

Weight: 195

Initial dose of RAG2: 5:35 a.m. I took it with GM and WB. On the drive to the gym I drank a WPI/Xtend shake.

Arms day. I must say that I really enjoy arms day on WB...it makes my puny arms look good! I was a bit groggy when I first hit the gym, but my 5 minute warm-up on the treadmill woke me up enough to get in a good arms workout. Weight was up and I feel that I'm making better progress on my biceps than my triceps, but I still enjoy stressing those two muscle groups. I did 4 excersises for bis and tris and exhausted the muscles and had a damn good pump (for me at least) when I was finished.

I did notice something in the gym that I think I can contribute to the RAG2. It wasn't a burst of artificial energy like I got from Lipo6 or caffine, but I noticed that while I exhausted my muscles, I wanted to stay in the gym and keep going. I've been using GM and WB for two weeks now and haven't had that kind of energy/motivation until this morning. It wasn't a 'I want to rip your f'ing head off' kind of energy, but a nice steady push to keep going. I really hope this is the effect that RAG2 gives, because I like it.

I'm down two pounds from yesterday, probably due to calorie deficit, but anything less than the previous day and I'm happy.

I drank a whey shake post workout and ate string cheese at 10 a.m.

Second dose: right before lunch at 11:55.

Lunch was great today. If anyone has a chance to go to Rudy's bar-b-que...go! It a fun place and a unique way to order food. You order your meat by the pound. So for lunch I had 1/4 pound of smoked turkey and 1/8 pound of pork loin. Both meats were very lean and very tasty. You have the option to have bread and many sides, but I just picked up a fork and knife and went at it. Great workout day lunch. I had a bit of spicy sauce with my pork as it was slightly dry and a green tea to drink.

more to come...

Sounding solid, and nice choice with the warmup to get the blood flowing !!

Comment

Day 3:

Weight: 194

Initial dose: 7:05 with Kashi cereal and a glass of water.

Busy at work and focused. I didn't notice any raise in body heat in the morning, but I was busy and did not have much time to reflect.

10:00 a.m. snack
                        : I'm dropping weight daily, which is good, but makes me wonder if I'm too far in a caloric deficit for my own good. So I added a whey shake in milk for this snack.

2nd dose: 11:55 right before lunch. I had to eat out again for lunch, Arby's. I had the grilled chicken bacon swiss sandwich, no sauce, no fries, no soda, just water. So though I was bad, I wasn't that bad...and the sandwich was tasty.

I did notice the raise in body temp in the afternoon. It wasn't anything that got me sweating, but I was warm and had some good, positive energy to help students.

3:00 snack
                        : One thing that I do notice with RAG2 is the appitite supressant. I'm not hungry in the morning or late in the day at work. I had to choke down both snacks. I had string cheese in the afternoon.

Dinner: We had a pasta dish tonight. Bowtie pasta in a white sauce (very light) with spinach, artichoke, and sliced chicken. It was very good. I also had a slice of garlic bread. I know this meal was high in carbs, but I've had a solid week and I don't think those calories will have any ill effects towards my weight loss goals. And tomorrow morning is legs and I always want a bit more energy for leg days.

Cardio: I went for a run after dinner. Nothing major, just over a mile with my dog. I didn't time myself and we played fetch aftwards and broke a really good sweat.

About RAG2: I have tried two fat burners in my life, the first was Xenidrine way back in the ephedra days and Lipo6...so really not a whole lot of experience, but I must say that RAG2 is so much more smooth than those two. The energy is smooth, no jitters, no in your face want to kick some ass energy that fades quickly with a crash, but a smooth, non-artificial boost of energy. When it does warm my body, it's a nice feeling, not sweating through my shirts body heat. I realize I'm only 3 days in, but if this is what I'm supposed to be feeling, I like it. We'll see how it does for weight loss.

Off topic fun talk: My Name is Earl and The Office is the best hour on t.v. While I have half hour shows that I've liked better, I don't remember a time on t.v. where I've laughed for an hour straight. Again, not recommending anyone to watch a bunch of t.v., but an hour a night won't kill ya and I got a darned good ab workout watching those shows.

Comment

Nice indepth review and log JT, you really make me feel like I'm taking the darn stuff when I read your posts
                          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Day 3:

About RAG2: I have tried two fat burners in my life, the first was Xenidrine way back in the ephedra days and Lipo6...so really not a whole lot of experience, but I must say that RAG2 is so much more smooth than those two. The energy is smooth, no jitters, no in your face want to kick some ass energy that fades quickly with a crash, but a smooth, non-artificial boost of energy. When it does warm my body, it's a nice feeling, not sweating through my shirts body heat. I realize I'm only 3 days in, but if this is what I'm supposed to be feeling, I like it. We'll see how it does for weight loss.
                            Great detail and comparisons

Comment

Day 4:

Weight: 195-up one from yesterday, but down 3 for the week. I also weighed myself after I drank my GM and WPI/Xtend shake...so not totally accurate.

Initial Dose: 5:35 with GM and WB. WPI/Xtend shake on the drive to the gym.

Legs and Shoulders day
                              : The very least favorite of my lifting days. My weight is up on all my lifts, so that is positive, but that progress doesn't mean much, I still hate those excersises. I did 4 leg excersises and 4 shoulder excersises, 10 reps by 3 sets. Good workout. I got a decent pump from the WB in my shoulders, but nothing in my legs, but they are weak as hell anyway so I wasn't expecting anything. Shoulder press is up for me to a number I'm not so embarassed about, final set of 10 was at 115. I'm still struggling with squats and my lower back is messed up (going to chiro early next week) so I won't post that weight, but all in all another good workout where I had a nice sweat going.

I had good energy this morning, but I have to jack myself up to do legs or I just won't do it...or do it right. As I said, good sweat so I assume the RAG2 was working.

8:30 Whey Protien shake

10:00 String cheese...which I had to choke down, I was not hungry.

2nd dose: 11:55 with 20 oz of water (which is usual and I know I haven't been posting my water intake, but it is at or over a gallon each day).

Lunch: was at a fun place, java flakes. It's a cereal bar. I picked 5 cereals this time to go in my bowl, Cracklin Oat Bran, Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Cocoa Puffs...it was a fun combo and a great lunch. We're going to be doing this every friday for fun...Friday Flakes Day...just a fairly healthy way to have our last lunch as an office together that week and it's pretty cheap, $2.25 for a large bowl of cereal that really does fill me up for the day.

I was in meetings all afternoon, so I can't really reflect on energy or body heat, as I always sweat a little during these types of meetings, but I did not have my afternoon snack and didn't need it...appitite suppressant with RAG2 is great!

I was invited out for drinks after work and while I wanted to abstain from alcohol while on RAG2, I couldn't turn them down. I had a bloody mary...so not that bad. It's mostly tomato juice with spices and a shot of vodka...I could have been worse and was really thirsty for a beer...so I feel pretty good about my choice.

Dinner: More Bar-b-que...Large order of smoked turkey...no side, very little sauce for taste, and a green tea. A pretty decent way to end the day by loading up on a lean protien filled dinner.

Weird thought of the day
                              : This morning I felt patriotic while holding my WB and RAG2 in my hand...those 2 red pills and 3 blue pills were a little symbol of America. I know that's weird, but at 5:35 a.m. on legs day, I look for any motivation I can get.

FYI: Monday I start a new 4 week cycle of workouts. This one will have more cardio in it and it's set up to aid in weight loss. So we'll see how RAG2 does with this type of workout.

Comment

Working...
                              X