Stonecold's Black Out Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stonecold's Black Out Log

I want to first send out a big OMGYOUROCKTHANKYOU to King and company over at Royal Supplements ala Supplement Kings for letting me do a log of this product. I've had the product for a while now but due to prior commitments am just getting to pop it open. We will start with some basic facts about me, my sleeping patterns, and also my recovery issues as I feel these will be the most applicable to this log. Please do not ask about my previous 'Team Torture' log as if I wanted you to know about it, I'd have told you

Basic Info:
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 274
    Bodytype: Endomorph
    Training Style: More detail in future logs, for this log will say heavy compound movements on a 3 on, 1 off format.
    Diet: CKD with strict carbups (every 10 days)
    Sleep Patterns:
    Work Nights - Average 6-7 hours, always tired upon waking. However, always fall asleep quickly.
    Off Nights - Average 8-9 hours, hard to fall asleep but wake up refreshed.
    Nighttime bathroom breaks - Hardly ever.
    Dreams - Never remember them.
    Recovery:
    Legs - Quickest bodypart to recover, DOMs fade by end of day 2.
    Back - Slower than legs but still fast, DOMs fade by morning of day 3.
    Chest - Slow as molasses, DOMs last quite a while.
    Shoulders - Due to RC injury I worry more about joint/ligament issues than DOMs.
    Triceps - Slow to recover, DOMs fade by end of day 3.
    Biceps - Slowest of all, DOMs last well into morning of day 4.

Note - Recovery products used currently are Purple Wraath and Glycergrow.
    Injuries:
    Weak RC in right shoulder that has been repeatedly injured since high school football. Currently stronger and more stable than ever.
    Iffy left knee due to built up scar tissue, only acts up after a good run.
    Back to the basics!

Night 1 -
    I'm a bigger guy, so I always skip the recommended trial dose and just go for the normal dose. I know, bad Josh, but hey.. I tell ya the truth!

Time Taken: 2am (while watching Biggest Loser premiere on tivo)
    Time in bed: 2:45am
    Time asleep: Approx 2:53am
    Time awake: 9:37am
    Sleep Quality: DEEP Sleep, very vivid nightmares. Possible Placebo since I almost anticipated realistic dreams.
    Stress Levels: Woke up calm and a bit groggy but quickly cleared.
    Recovery: Shoulder awesome, DOMs in Hams/Glutes/Inner thighs from leg day.

SCT
    Back to the basics!

Comment

Hey get ready for more dreams, my worst one I can still remember (I was getting eaten alive).

Enjoy it!

Comment

*subscribed*

Damn dude bedtime at 2am? I'd never be able to move the next day
        A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
          Hey get ready for more dreams, my worst one I can still remember (I was getting eaten alive).

Enjoy it!
          This first one was scarier than freaking shit man.

I'll break it down for ya:
          In my dream I was in my house and in bed, just waking up from a dream (a dream within a dream, lol). I heard a noise out in the living room so I rushed out and there was nothing there. When I say nothing I mean that all that existed was blackness, I turned around and the same. I was surrounded by pitch black nothingness. At first I thought I just needed to open my eyes, so I reached up and felt for my eyelids, quickly realizing they were open by poking myself in the eye. This is when I really got scared, because it HURT. I quite literally started to panic. I closed my eyes and told myself, in the dream, you are asleep this is not real.. just wake up. Everyone says that once you realize it is a dream you can control it and/or wake up, but not this one. At first I knew I was asleep and kept trying to wake up, but then I began to wonder. What if I am dead, what if this is the end.. I felt for a pulse, and found none. I screamed out to the nothingness, but no sounds found their way back. There was no wind, no heat, no cold, no sound, just.. nothing.

Then I woke up and turned on every light in the house despite the fact that it was daylight already.

SCT
          Back to the basics!

Comment

Man that was freaky, be prepared for more is all I can say. Why can't we have fun ones like BrownDustin?

Comment

Man that was freaky, be prepared for more is all I can say. Why can't we have fun ones like BrownDustin?
              LOL!!!!!!

My third-eye gets ripped the hell open when I sleep. I swear to god I probably pump out more DMT while I sleep than you’re regularly supposed to. And I don’t even smoke pot anymore and it’s been years since I’ve touched psychedelics (sans a few salvia experiences)!!!

Don’t worry though, boys. I’ve had my share of night-terrors too. I’m just a masochist and usually find some sick enjoyment from being scared stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
                I swear to god I probably pump out more DMT while I sleep than you’re regularly supposed to. And I don’t even smoke pot anymore and it’s been years since I’ve touched psychedelics (sans a few salvia experiences)!!!
                My favorite quote ever was said about DMT actually: "Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Fire." I actually did some research on it after the big hubbub last year when the Supreme Court heard the arguement for it's legality from certain religious groups.

All I have to say is that despite the dream being scary as hell, I'm looking forward to seeing what tonight brings. If the good dreams are this vivid.. oh boy..

SCT
                Back to the basics!

Comment

Ya dude for a second there I thought I was reading a script from M. Night Shyamalan.

Good stuff though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
                    Ya dude for a second there I thought I was reading a script from M. Night Shyamalan.

Good stuff though.
                    Haha, screenplays brought to you from Royal Supplement's Black Out, hitting theatres summer of 2009.

SCT
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

/wonders if "black out" has been a movie?

Comment

Night 2

Night 2 -

Time Taken: 1:15am
                        Time in bed: 2:20am
                        Time asleep: 2:30am
                        Time awake: 10:45am
                        Sleep Quality: The dreams were again extremely vivid, but they were more like flashbacks to my high school football days. I swear I almost 'relived' a few games. Really hard to wake up in the morning, I wanted to sleep more.
                        Stress Levels: Woke up very groggy with a slight headache, pretty calm feeling though.
                        Recovery: Shoulder Awesome, no DOMs. Workout today will be chest/back.

SCT
                        Back to the basics!

Comment

How much water are you taking with it?

Comment

How much water are you taking with it?
                            With my Black Out? About 16-20 ounces.

My daily minimum is 1.5 gallons, however I am thinking of bumping up to 2 gallons now that my training is getting more intense. Plus being ketogenic again I drop water like a mofo.

SCT
                            Back to the basics!

Comment

Ahh keto. A new variable I haven't seen anything of with Black Out. This should be interesting.

Yeah, the fog wore off after a couple nights with Black Out. The thing is though, when you wake up you don't want to leave your bed. I'm going to try to get in bed an hour earlier and take advantage of this. I reckon that once I'm done (I'm only about 1/2 through the bottle) that my sleep pattern/routine should be pretty solid.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that you continue to respond well. Minus the headache though!

Comment

Working...
                              X