RCP's crazy stack log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCP's crazy stack log

Ok, so this is the first attempt ever at an online log. I figure it will keep me a little more dedicated/focused, so it's worth a shot. I'll be posting here and BB.com. Here's a little bit of background: I was a college athlete (wrestler), and graduated college around 12% BF at about 215 lbs. 9 months later, I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease after losing a third of my blood in one night through intestinal bleeding. The Army doc's gave me Prednisone for about 8 wks and I ended up ballooning up to about 235-240 with at least 22% BF. That was about 4 yrs ago. I trained off and on since then but never did it steadily. I arrived in Iraq about 8 months ago, jumped on the scale and was at 250 At that point, I was at all time low. I had been battling depression ever since being diagnosed w/Crohn's; partly because of the terminal illness but mostly from the weight gain and change in body appearance. I wasn't happy in myself and my marriage was suffering b/c of it. When I got here, I became dedicated to turning my life around. I've been hitting the gym w/consistency and intensity that's been missing for a long time. Without really trying to "lose weight," I dropped to 225 while gaining strength the whole time. I've pretty much plateued out now, so my goal is to cut fat. Lift numbers don't really matter to me, i just want to look good in the mirror. I think I'm around the 15% mark and would like to get to around 10%. I want to see some abs dammit I'll try to post whatever I can, but if anyone sees something that is missing/valuable, please let me know and I'll post. Anyhow, I'll be starting my CL stack today. The rest I've been taking for the last two weeks. I'll post some pics as soon as I borrow someones digital camera. I'm interested in any feedback you guys have, especially on diet and training.

Daily Supplementation Schedule: I have enough of all for at least the next two months.
    ON 100% Whey Chocolate Mint (10 AM, 4 PM-PreWO, 530-PostWO)
    Muscle Milk - Before Bed
    CL Green Bulge - 45 min PreWO
    CL GlycerGrow - 1 scoop 45 min PreWO, 2 start WO, 1 PostWO
    CL PurpleWraath - 15 min PreWO
    Primaforce CEE - PostWO - Is this too much w/GB already in the stack??
    ON Fish Oil - 2 caps 3xdaily w/meals
    NOW Adam - after dinner - I'll be switching to Animal Pak after this to see what I like better. Heard good things about both, but I like the deep sleep I seem to get with Adam.
    Scivation Sesamin - 2-3 times daily w/meals
    Vasopro - Week one 12.5 mg twice daily, week two 25 mg twice daily, cycle off for two weeks and repeat
    USPLabs C2 - 3 pills w/Vasopro twice daily for two weeks, 3 pills once daily for two weeks and repeat
    USPlabs cAMPHIBOLIC - 2 pills before bed for two weeks, 2 pills in morning and before bed for two weeks and repeat
    NOW Max CLA - 3 times a day before meals
    Naturemade Triple Flex (glucosamine, chondritin & MSM) - 2 pills a day

Workout: I'm doing a variation of High Frequency Right now but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Started two weeks ago. I like the full body tightness all week from the workouts. I'll give it a bit and see if it's effective. The plan is 6-8 exercises per day in some rep range of 24 (2x12, 3x8, 6x4, etc). 3 days on, 1 off, 2 days on, 1 off.

23 May
    Lift @ 4PM
    Flat Bench Dumbell Press - 100 lb dumbellsx3x8
    superset with
    Standing Rear Delt Cable Fly - 30 lbx3x8

Leg Press - 540x3x8
    superset with
    Hammer Seated Calf Raise - 360x3x8

Tricep Pushdown - 140x3x8
    superset with
    Seated Preacher Curl - 85x3x8

Hammer seated 4 way neck - 55x2x10 each way

Cardio @ 11PM
    3 miles outside @ 22 min 45 sec

24 May
    Lifting - Abs either before or after cardio. Will update tomorrow.

Cardio - 45 min moderate intensity on elliptical

Current Measurements
    Waist - 37
    Neck - 17.5
    Right Bicep flexed - 17
    Forearm - 13
    Right Quad - 25

Diet - Keep in mind that I can't control what is on the menu for the most part since the Army makes it, but I try to eat the best available. I usually drink between 1.5 - 2 gallons of water a day also.

23 May
    Meal 1 @ 1000 - Protein Shake with 2 packs regular oatmeal
    Meal 2 @ 1200 - Chicken Breast, black eyed peas, small portion spaghetti
    Meal 3 @ 1500 - 2 pieces of turkey breast
    Meal 4 @ 1600 - PreWO Shake with 2 packs oatmeal
    Meal 5 @ 1730 - PostWO Shake -- Should I have oatmeal here too or instead of PreWO????
    Meal 6 @ 1900 - Chicken, rice, and vegetable stir fry with hot garlic sauce
    Meal 7 @ 2345 - Muscle Milk Shake

Overall Comments My lower back has been pretty sore lately. The Doc says I have arthritis in my lower back/hip that is assocated w/the Crohn's disease. Doesn't bother me much when lifting, but sometimes the cardio is a challenge especially if I'm running outside or on the treadmill. Elliptical isn't so bad though.

That's about it. Any feedback would be great. Thanks for reading.

Originally posted by rcp197inIZ
    Primaforce CEE - PostWO - Is this too much w/GB already in the stack??

not at all ... I'm doing the same thing with good results

jdouchebag for president

Comment

subscribed
      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
      Purple Psyko
      Gold Feast
      Blue Gene
      Blue Growth
      REDuction AM/PM Shots
      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
      Orange TRIad
      White Flood (5 Flavors)
      Black Hole
      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
      Green Bulge
      White Blood 2
      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
      Blue Up
      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

24 May

Diet
        Meal 1 @ 1000 - Protein Shake with 2 packs regular oatmeal
        Meal 2 @ 1200 - 1 1/2 Chicken Breast, mixed veggies, garden salad w/crab meat and oil/vinegar
        Meal 3 @ 1500 - Chicken Breast
        Meal 4 @ 1600 - PreWO Shake with 2 packs oatmeal
        Meal 5 @ 1800 - PostWO Shake & 1 liter gatorade
        Meal 6 @ 1930 - Small steak, mixed veggies, lobster tail, cantaloupe
        Snack @ 2200 - Single serving bag of almonds
        Meal 7 @ 2345 - Muscle Milk Shake

Workout
        Cardio - 45 min on elliptical @ level 10; 6.4 miles & 750 calories burned (according to the machine); avg heart rate 155 bpm

Abs - 150 reps
        Pushups - 30, 30, 20, 20 w/10 sec rest between sets *Normally wouldn't do these on a non-lifting day, but I have an Army PT test next weekend and want to make sure I can max no problem.

Comments Today was my first time taking Purple Wraath and Glycer Grow. I had a hard time getting both supplements down (mixed PW with water and scooped GG straight into my mouth). Despite the taste, I felt the PW almost immediately. 15 min after taking it, I was on my way to the gym and my body started tingling, especially my legs and arms. When I got to the gym my forearms were flushed red. After 45 min of cardio, I felt I still had a lot of energy left and I could have probably gone alot longer. I'm assuming this was from one of the two since I'm sure my endurance didn't magically increase overnight.

Comment

25 May - Lift

I'll post full diet and cardio tomorrow since not yet complete.

Lift
          Power Clean - 165x3x8
          superset with
          Wide Grip Pullup - BWx3x8

Hammer Leg Extension - 90x3x8
          superset with
          Dumbell Curl - 35x3x8 *Way too easy. Need to increase weight next time.

Incline Barbell Bench - 205x3x8
          superset with
          Weighed Lower Back Ext - 45x3x8

Hammer Bent Knee Calf Raise - 135x3x8
          superset with
          Overhead Dumbell Tri Ext - 90x3x8

Comments: I didn't feel as much of the tingle from PW as I did yesterday. I think I may have taken it too close to my PreWO shake today. Will separate more tomorrow. Energy was definitely up in the gym and felt like I could have done more weights on some of the exercises I did and more lifts overall, but I had to get back to work. I noticed a little bit of increased pump and vascularity in my forearms today.

Planned Cardio for this PM: 20 min HIIT on treadmill

Comment

26 May

Diet
            Meal 1 - Protein Shake
            Meal 2 - small stuffed red bell pepper, gyro chicken with onions, cheese and tomatoes
            Meal 3 - Chicken Breast
            Meal 4 - PreWO Shake
            Meal 5 - PostWO Shake, 2 packs oatmeal, banana
            Meal 6 - broccoli, carrots, chicken and vegetables, crab salad
            Meal 7 - Muscle Milk Shake

Lift
            Dumbell Lunges - 45'sx2x12
            superset with
            Decline Bench - 225x2x12

Hammer Leg Curl - 70x2x12
            superset with
            T-Bar Row - 135x2x12

Push Press - 135x2x12
            superset with
            Dumbell Calf Raise - 85'sx2x12

Weighted Dips - 45x2x12
            superset with
            Dumbell Shrugs - 85'sx2x12

Dumbell ISO Hammer Curl - 30x2x12
            superset with
            Hammer 4-way neck - 55x2x12

Cardio
            HIIT on Treadmill: 1:30 jog at 6.5 mph; :30 sprint @ 10 mph for 20 min

Comments:I felt a little sluggish in the gym today. It may have just been an off day or it may be because I cycled off of the Vasopro this morning for two weeks and switched to the cAMPHIBOLIC twice a day. No change in weight, probably because I've been downing about 2 1/2 liters of water right before the gym in order to get the PW and GG down; along with the Protein shake.

Comment

Great log so far... preworkout hydration is definately important, but also keep your total daily hydration up as well for best results with the GlycerGROW.

Comment

Thanks! I generally drink about 1.5 gallons a day, probably over 2 since I started taking GG/PW

Comment

27 May

Diet:

Meal 1: 2 whole boiled eggs, 4 egg whites, handfull of trail mix, whey shake
                  Meal 2: Chicken breast, broccoli
                  Meal 3: Chicken breast, cucumber & onion salad, almonds
                  Meal 4: PreWO Whey Shake
                  Meal 5: PostWO Whey Shake w/1 pack oatmeal
                  Meal 6: Chicken and veggie stir fry (no rice) with hot garlic sauce
                  Meal 7: Bedtime Shake
                  Calories: 2500 Protein/Carbs/Fat grams 340/93/77

[B]Comments:[B] Today was my off day but I did 100 pushups and 150 situps...PT test in 1 week. I'm running a 10k race tommorrow morning. I like the results I'm feeling from the GB/PW/GG. My muscular endurance seems to be up and vascularity is definitely increasing.

Comment

28-29 May

28 May

Cardio: Memorial Day 10k run. 6.2 miles in 48 min. Could have went faster but I passed a friend from school around mile three and we ran together for the rest of the race BSing. This was my first 10k race and I felt pretty good.

Comments: I took an extra day off from lifting because I was feeling pretty lazy after the run, plus I was dehydrated because it was about 100 degrees here in Baghdad that early in the morning. I took in more water than regular, but wasn't feeling the workout later in the day.

29 May

Diet

Meal 1: 2 whole hard boiled eggs, 4 egg whites
                    Meal 2: Chicken breast, Collard Greens
                    Meal 3: Shrimp, broccoli, red bell pepper, sprout, red onion, and hot garlic sauce stir fry
                    Meal 4: PreWO Protein Shake
                    Meal 5: PostWO Protein Shake w/1 pack oatmeal
                    Meal 6: 2 thin slices Roast Porkloin, collard greens, corn
                    Meal 7: Muscle Milk Shake
                    Calories: 2150 Protein/Carbs/Fat grams 266/140/63

Lift:
                    Incline Dumbell Bench - 95'sx4x6
                    Seated Military Press - 185x4x6
                    Wide Grip Pull Down - 87x4x6 *I'm not sure what the measurment is on this machine? I thought Kilograms initially, but it's a lot heavier than the kilogram conversion. I read the panel on the equipment and it says "resistance."
                    Single Arm Overhead Tri Extension - 40x4x6
                    Barbell Curl - 95x4x6

Cardio: 20 min HIIT on Elliptical; level 12, jog for 30 seconds above 6 mph, sprint for 30 seconds above 11 mph

Comments: Took Legs out of the workout today because they are a little sore from yesterday's run. I was also up 1.5 lbs from two days ago (i know, i know... I shouldn't weigh myself everyday, but after wrestling for 16 yrs, it's a hard habit to break). I definitely retained a lot of water today b/c I was a little dehydrated yesterday. I drank 1 1/2 gallons throughout the day before I got to the gym and only peed twice all day. Still drinking though. I think the GlycerGrow may also be contributing to the water retention, but not positive. Anyhow, I feel/look like I'm losing bodyfat, but it's not showing on the scale. Maybe I'm gaining LBM while losing bodyfat or maybe I'm taking in more calories than I'm calculating on fitday??? I definitely feel stronger though. I never did four sets of 95's on the incline before, and I felt like I could have squeezed out the 100's if my partner was there to spot me.

Comment

30 May

Diet:
                      Meal 1: Protein Shake, handful of mixed nuts
                      Meal 2: 3 slices roast turkey breast, broccoli, peas and carrots
                      Meal 3: 2 slices roast turkey breast
                      Meal 4: PreWo Protein shake
                      Meal 5: PostWo Protein shake w/milk and 2 packs of oatmeal
                      Meal 6: baked fish, mixed veggies, yams
                      Meal 7: protein shake
                      Calories: 2285 Protein/Carbs/Fat grams 287/195/42

Lift:
                      Deadlifts - 275x3x8
                      superset with
                      Dumbell side lateral raises - 25x3x8

Hammer Seated Row - 270x3x8
                      superset with
                      Incline Fly - 45'sx3x8

EZ Bar preacher curls - 85x3x8
                      superset with
                      Close grip triangle pushups - BWx3x25 *PT Test in 4 days

Cardio: Off

Comments: Felt good in the gym today. I read Ddawg's deadlift tips and tried them, but I'm not getting it for some reason... Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I had a hard time keeping my shoulders behind the bar and the bar away from my shins. It seemed like as soon as I started the lift, the weight came naturally back to my shins/knees. Tomorrow will be my last lift before the PT test on Saturday. I'll keep the journal updated with diet and any cardio that I do. Lovin the results of the GG/PW combo so far.

Comment

31 May

Diet:
                        Meal 1: Protein Shake
                        Meal 2: Ham,Cheese and veggie sandwich on wheat bread, small bowl chili
                        Meal 3: PreWO Shake
                        Meal 4: PostWO Shake
                        Meal 5: Chicken, Shrimp and veggie stir fry, bean soup
                        Meal 6: Bedtime Shake

Chin ups - 25x3x6, BWx1x6
                        superset with
                        Flat Barbell Bench - 275x4x6 (last two on 4th set w/help)

Hammer Leg Curl - 90x4x6
                        superset with
                        Hammer Seated Bent Knee Calf Raise - 150x4x6

Dumbell Hammer Curl - 40'sx4x6 (easy, increase weight next time)
                        superset with
                        Bench Dips - BWx4x15 (PT Test in two days, then I can stop this high rep nonsense)

Rear Delt Cable Ext - 35x4x6
                        superset with
                        BW Squat - BWx4x25

Cardio: 20 min HIIT on elliptical, level 12; 2 min warm up, 30 sec jog at 6.5-7mph, 30 sec sprint at 11.5-13mph for 20 min; 3.3 miles, 480 cals burned

Comments: I was off yesterday so I did cardio directly following my lift. I would prefer to do that everyday, but I don't have time to fit them both in during the workday. I felt great during this workout and set a couple of PR's on the weighted chins and bench. I've never done 3 sets of 6 weighted chins and never done four sets @ 275 on the flat bench. I attribute this too a much healthier diet and the addition of GG/PW/GB into my stack I can really notice a decrease in bodyfat too so I hope the strength continues to increase while the bf decreases. Hope to get some pics up here as soon as I get a hold of someones camera.

Comment

2 Jun - 3 Jun (morning)

2 Jun
                          Diet:
                          Meal 1: Protein Shake, Banana
                          Meal 2: 2 small slices rib eye w/fat trimmed, glazed carrots, macaroni pasta w/tomato sauce (carbing up for tomorrow's PT Test )
                          Meal 3: Protein Shake w/oats
                          Meal 4: 2 small lobster tail, broccoli and cauliflower, baked potatoe w/skin (still carbing )
                          Meal 5: Prebed Protein Shake

Comments: I've used the last two days to relax, stretch and prepare for the Army PT test. Not really a big deal, I just don't like to be sore/tired when taking the test. I'll be back at it as soon as the test ends.

3 Jun
                          PT Test: 75 pushups, 83 situps, 14:45 2 mile run; 220 lb weigh in, 36.5 waist measurement, 17.5 neck measurement

Comments: PT Test went well. I stopped the Pushups and Situps after I hit my maximum score. No sense pushing to muscle failure when I still have the run which is my weakest event. Weight was down 5 lbs this morning from the start of this log and my waist measurement down 1/2 inch. Maybe I'm doing something right I'm getting back in the gym this afternoon. Will update my workout and diet later.

Comment

Awesome detail.. one of the best logs / journals I've seen

Comment

awesome stack man

why dont you add WB?

Comment

Working...
                              X