Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rich's New Beginning: WNBF Pro Stage in 2009!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dogsofgold View Post
    How do you make yours? We've been fiddling around with recipes for this and can't find any without crazy amounts of fat in it!
    The alfredo sauce was not homemade, but I did blacken the chicken. I bought Classico's sun dried tomato alfredo and then blackened my chicken with just a touch of olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and lots of paprika. Chopped up mushrooms, spinach, tomato and green onion for some flare. YUMMMM!!! Hope you're training hard again!

---------------------------

SATURDAY LEGS:

Knee was feeling better, but my lower back was not. I felt okay on Squats thanks to my belt, but ditched the Straight-Legs and High Stance Press.

Squats
    Nice and low as usual.
    135 x 8
    185 x 8
    225 x 8
    265 x 8
    305 x 8 ---> getting back up there

1-Leg Machine Curls
    Nice and controlled focusing on eccentric and contraction.
    60 x 10/leg
    65 x 10/leg
    70 x 10/leg
    - SUPERSET -
    Hyperextensions
    2-second hold at top. Wanted to get some blood in the lower back.
    BW x 10
    10 lbs x 10
    BW x 6

Walking DB Lunges
    Finally counted out how many steps down was for me.
    BW x 11/leg
    35's x 11/leg
    55's x 11/leg
    70's x 11/leg

Hammer Leg Press
    Strictly a horizontal press eliminating lower back strain.
    180 x 10
    270 x 10
    320 x 10
    370 x 10
    - SUPERSET -
    Angled Calf Raises
    320 x 12
    340 x 10
    340 x 9

Then hit some sets of Toe Out Angled Calf Raises, Seated Calf Raises and Twisting Decline Crunches.

Stepped on the Scale......and it measured 172 lbs! Yup, I am up about 15 lbs and have been REALLY loose with my diet. I have gained quite a bit of ab fat, am holding water on a continual basis, but more importantly have thickened up all over with good gains in muscle density. Vascularity has remained though despite the gaining. Today is an off day. Time to clean the house. Have a blessed Sunday!
    **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
    **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
    WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
    http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
    http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

• IT'S BABY TIME!!!

Oh yeah....that's right......IT'S BABY TIME!!! Our little baby girl is going to be delivered tomorrow! Ava Elizabeth Lauro will enter this world and we will begin our journey together as parents. We are so excited and are getting ready for our trip. I'm taking a week or so off from work and looking forward to spending such crucial time with our newborn baby girl.

There is not another log or journal on the internet where you will find all of the following news that have happened in less than a year's time:

- PRO CARD WIN
      - ENGAGEMENT
      - MARRIAGE
      - PREGNANCY
      - PRO DEBUT
      - BIRTH

New beginning indeed! And if you ask how all that is possible in eleven months? God makes all things possible!! He gets all the glory for each and without Him not one of these life-changing occurrences would have happened. Angie and I remain strong in our faith and joy, while clinging hard to Him who strengthens and empowers us with wisdom. I can only imagine what the next few years will bring with this exponential growth! Stay tuned!!

TRAINING UPDATE:

We hit PUSH & PULL hard the last two days. I've been eating BIG.....no REAL big!! My mother and father-in-law are staying with us spreading love and good home-cooking. No way am I passing up on this delicious grub! Lifts are going up, I'm getting bigger and don't really care about the fat gain. Muscle is being built. I will recomp later. I'm thinking 195 awaits at this rate haha

"DON'T TOUCH MY WEIGHTS" PUSH YESTERDAY:

Clint was back on the scene after being sick for a long haul. He strength was fine, but endurance was down. Big James was looking mega strong and as if he was eating an offseason diet. Ah, group dynamics lifts everyone up!

And yes if you get help from a spotter with strength training, then is does not count. I yelled at James for prematurely touching my weights that were squeaking upward haha.

Incline Bench
      95 x 10
      135 x 8
      185 x 8
      205 x 8 ---> this is where he touched my weights
      215 x 4

Close-Grip Bench
      135 x 8
      165 x 8
      185 x 8
      205 x 7

Slight Incline DB Press
      70 x 8
      80 x 8
      90 x 8
      95 x 5

Fly Machine
      110 x 10
      120 x 10
      130 x 8

Hammer Wide Chest
      115/side x 8
      135/side x 8
      160/side x 8 ----> got it!

3-Way Shoulder Raises
      Front, Bent-Over then Lateral with hands at sides. Used 10 lb barbell plates as they are harder than the DB's at our gym.
      10 lb plates x 20 each way
      10 lb plates x 20 each way ---> had to really push to finish

Decline DB Extension
      30 x 10
      32.5 x 10
      35 x 6

Overhead Rope Extensions
      90 x 10
      95 x 10
      100 x 7

Felt just incredible during this workout! Mega strength gains over last workout.

PULL DAY BEFORE THE BIRTHDAY:

Found out the news momentarily before our scheduled workout. Charles jumped in for back again and added some fresh new competitive blood to the mix!

Bent-Over Barbell Rows
      All the way over, good stretch and squeeze. Overhand, slightly wider than shoulder width grip.
      95 x 8
      135 x 8
      165 x 9
      195 x 7
      205 x 5

Rack Deads
      Knee high. Went all out since I don't know when I'll be smashing weights again next.
      135 x 8
      225 x 8
      315 x 8
      405 x 8
      455 x 8 ---> said a prayer, got fired up and ROCKED it!

Seated Zottman Curls
      Simultaneous and strict.
      35 x 8
      40 x 8
      45 x 8 ----> nailed it!
      50 x 4 --> spot on #5

Chins
      BW x 8
      10 lbs x 7
      20 lbs x 7
      25 lbs x 6

Wide-Grip Pulldowns
      160 x 8
      170 x 8
      190 x 7 ---> broke out my versa-gripps to save my dying hands/grip

EZ Preacher Curls
      75 x 8
      85 x 8
      90 x 5
      - SUPERSET -
      Behind Back Bar Shrugs
      135 x 10
      225 x 10
      265 x 10

EZ Reverse Curls
      75 x 10
      85 x 8

Felt diesel strong! Putting all that food to good use to grow. See you guys and gals on the flipside when I'm a daddy!!

http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

• Congrats!!!

Be sure to post pictures!!!
        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
          Congrats!!!

Be sure to post pictures!!!

Thank you, thank you!!!

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Ava Elizabeth Lauro has arrived!!! She was born about a month premature, but is ABSOLUTELY beautiful at 4 lbs 14 oz and 18 inches long. Check her out:

TRAINING UPDATE:

After 5 days off taking care of mommy and little Ava, I'm getting back into the swing today with a little bit of both push & legs. I will then hit pull either tomorrow or Wednesday and full push and leg workouts across the weekend. I began cleaning up my diet again yesterday. I'm taking off from training clients most if not all of this week to catch these amazing moments with our baby girl and to take care of Angie while she recovers. We are very blessed to have Angie's mom staying with us to help out as well.

Comment

• She is sooo adorable!!!

So are mommy and baby home? She doesn't even look like a premi. Congrats again!!

Edit: I notice a slight attitude in that 4th picture....does she get that from you?
            Last edited by bull.dogz; 08-24-2009, 02:08 PM.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by rich55 View Post
              Thank you, thank you!!!

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Ava Elizabeth Lauro has arrived!!! She was born about a month premature, but is ABSOLUTELY beautiful at 4 lbs 14 oz and 18 inches long. Check her out:

TRAINING UPDATE:

After 5 days off taking care of mommy and little Ava, I'm getting back into the swing today with a little bit of both push & legs. I will then hit pull either tomorrow or Wednesday and full push and leg workouts across the weekend. I began cleaning up my diet again yesterday. I'm taking off from training clients most if not all of this week to catch these amazing moments with our baby girl and to take care of Angie while she recovers. We are very blessed to have Angie's mom staying with us to help out as well.

Nice man. Congrats. And way to sport the CL beanie! New baby on board. You may need to get a ton of WF and toothpicks for your eye lids.

Comment

• Nice, very nice! She's a cutie, must take after her mom!

Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                  She is sooo adorable!!!

So are mommy and baby home? She doesn't even look like a premi. Congrats again!!

Edit: I notice a slight attitude in that 4th picture....does she get that from you?
                  Thanks so much! She is!! Yup, we were in the hospital for 4 days and got out on Sunday. She is well-proportioned The attitude comes from her red-headed, fiery mother haha.

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
                  Nice man. Congrats. And way to sport the CL beanie! New baby on board. You may need to get a ton of WF and toothpicks for your eye lids.
                  Thanks! Yeah not much geling in the hospital so CL beanie all the way. Seriously, good thing I've been off this week from work. She does sleep well when she does, so things could be worse.

Originally posted by HotRod View Post
                  Nice, very nice! She's a cutie, must take after her mom!

Congrats!
                  Yes she does take after her very attractive mother!!

Comment

• MANNING UP

The first week our little Ava's life has been incredible. Every little step along the way has been just beautiful and truly miraculous. This past week I stayed the full entire 4 days in the hospital after birth taking care of my girls and am still leading much of effort around the house as Angie recovers and gets back on her feet. That is truly "manning up".

TRAINING:

I have got back into the swing with my workouts lifting just Monday, Wednesday and tomorrow Friday. I combined Push and Legs on Monday, Pull and Core on Wednesday and will hit a full Push day tomorrow. After a week off my crazy legs still managed to...

Squats 315 x 8 ---> nice and low
                    Straight-Leg Deads 295 x 10 ------> very good control
                    High Stance Leg Presses 7 plates/side x 8

After 5 days of little mobility at all, I was sucking wind pretty fierce even with a slow pace. Leg strength was fine and my upper body strength was down just a touch. Sticking with same training as I feel there is still room for improvement there since I was just getting in the groove.

DIET:

Diet has been back in rhythm much better. I ate like a champ at the hospital packing a big full cooler of food and slamming back plenty of goodies, but it left me feeling a bit soft for my liking following weeks of binging. Sunday through today has been pretty clean with only 2 meals of Hunan King Chinese and a little peanut butter candy from the mother-in-law. Eating is pretty instinctive at this point. Wednesday's eats:

9am- apple, scoop MaxPro & flaxseed oil then back to bed after feeding Ava
                    Noon- giant stack of buckwheat pan***** (mixed with egg, cottage chz, lowfat buttermilk, canola oil, honey), natural PB & simply fruit jelly, 4 egg whites
                    2:30pm- very big bowl of low fat yogurt, kashi cereal, walnuts, scoop High5 and some peaches and strawberries
                    4:30pm- PURPLE INTRAIN & Pull workout
                    5:45pm PWO- scoop MaxPro, 2 rice ***** & banana --> missing my Golden Gains which are at my other gym location locker
                    7:00pm- giant sized portion of Chicken with Cashews over rice with some Crab Rangoon
                    10:00pm- lean beef hamburger with a bit of hot pepper cheese, lots of tomato, lettuce, red onion, spicy mustard, ketchup on a sprouted grain english muffin
                    12:30am- cottage cheese, scoop High5, little bit of strawberry and pineapple, 3 Omega3 fish oil caps
                    ~3:00am- 1st Ava morning feed - Daddy slammed ----> scoop High5 and spoonful almond butter
                    ~6:00am- 2nd Ava morning feed - Daddy grabbed ---> a plum and big few bites of cottage cheese

SUPPLEMENTS:

- Orange Triad
                    - Flaxseed Oil
                    - Omega3 Fish Oil
                    - Green Magnitude
                    - Purple Wraath
                    - Purple Intrain
                    - Insuload
                    - R-ALA & ALCAR

Comment

• GETTING BIGGER & STRONGER

The last two workouts have been awesome! I checked the scale today and I'm already back up 180 lbs. Strength and thickness is up, so I am not worried about the body fat. I'm not stopping till I reach 190. Heck, maybe 195 at this pace. I'm jumping back in with the fellas next week. This week I was extremely crunched on time to limit time away from home.

PUSH 8/28:

First full push workout since the baby break. Strength was improved, but endurance is still improving.

Incline Bench
                      95 x 10
                      135 x 8
                      185 x 8
                      215 x 7

Close-Grip Bench
                      135 x 8
                      175 x 8
                      205 x 8

Slight Incline DB Press
                      65 x 8
                      80 x 8
                      95 x 5
                      95 x 4

Fly Machine
                      120 x 10
                      130 x 8
                      130 x 7

Hammer Wide Chest
                      115/side x 8
                      135/side x 8
                      160/side x 6

Decline DB Extensions
                      35 x 7
                      35 x 5
                      30 x 10
                      - SUPERSET -
                      3-Way Shoulder Raises
                      Front, bent-over, then lateral hands at sides.
                      10 lb plate x 20 x 20 x 20 each way
                      10 lb plate x 20 x 20 x 20 each way

Overhead Rope Extensions
                      100 x 9
                      100 x 8
                      100 x 6

LEGS 8/29:

Felt REAL strong today!!! Holding back a touch still, but much better.

Barbell Squats
                      135 x 8
                      185 x 8
                      235 x 8
                      285 x 8
                      325 x 8 ----> rock solid REAL low

Straight-Leg Deadlifts
                      185 x 8
                      265 x 8
                      315 x 8

High Stance Leg Presses
                      4 plates/side x 10
                      5 plates/side x 10
                      6 plates/side x 10
                      7 plates/side x 10

Walking DB Lunges
                      Continuous strides throughout set one leg after the other.
                      BW x 11 steps/leg
                      35's x 11 steps/leg
                      55's x 11 steps/leg
                      75's x 11 steps/leg

Angled Calf Raises
                      320 x 12
                      340 x 10
                      340 x 8
                      - TRISET -
                      with Hyperextensions and Situps

Comment

• Originally posted by cawiau
                        Strong workout bro
                        Thanks Carl! Yup, getting MUCH stronger. Check it out:

PULLING SOME WEIGHT!!!

Back in the fold today with James and Clint. Felt real strong!!

Bent-Over Barbell Rows
                        Shoulder-width, overhand grip for full stretch and squeeze.
                        95 x 10
                        135 x 8
                        165 x 8
                        195 x 8
                        205 x 6 + 2 after a little rest pause

Knee High Rack Deads
                        225 x 8
                        315 x 8
                        405 x 8
                        495 x 8 -------> HEAVY, but got it!

Seated Zottman Curls
                        30 x 8
                        40 x 8
                        50 x 6
                        50 x 4

Weighted Close-Grip Chins
                        Strict with good stretch, squeeze and slow eccentric.
                        BW x 8
                        25 lbs x 8
                        35 lbs x 4
                        25 lbs x 6

Wide-Grip Pulldowns
                        170 x 8
                        180 x 8
                        190 x 8

EZ Preacher Curls
                        75 x 8
                        80 x 8
                        85 x 6
                        - SUPERSET -
                        Behind Back Barbell Shrugs
                        2-second squeeze at top
                        185 x 10
                        235 x 10
                        295 x 10 ---> lil sloppy

EZ Reverse Curls
                        80 x 10
                        85 x 8
                        85 x 5

Feeling this workout already!! Eating to grow this evening

Comment

• PUSHING STRONG

Yesterday's push workout ROCKED!! Strength was again up and I'm starting to near PR's Oh yeah!!!

Incline Bench
                          95 x 10
                          135 x 8
                          185 x 8
                          215 x 8
                          225 x 4 -----> can't wait to try this fresh next time

Slight Incline DB Press
                          65 x 8
                          80 x 8
                          95 x 8 ---> Nailed it!!
                          100 x 5

Hammer Wide Chest
                          115/side x 8
                          135/side x 8
                          160/side x 7

Fly Machine
                          120 x 10
                          130 x 10
                          140 x 8

Decline DB Skullcrushers
                          35 x 10 ----> MUCH better
                          35 x 8
                          35 x 7
                          - SUPERSET -
                          3-Way Plate Raises
                          10 lbs x 20 x 20 x 20
                          10 lbs x 20 x 20 x 20 -----> just brutal burn
                          -- crunched on time with clients so only 2 sets --

Rope Overhead Extensions
                          100 x 10
                          110 x 5
                          100 x 7

SUPPLEMENTS
                          Orange Triad
                          Green Magnitude
                          Purple Wraath
                          ALCAR
                          Purple Intrain
                          Golden Gains
                          Insuload
                          Super Enzymes
                          Omega3 fish oil
                          Flaxseed Oil

Off today. Legs tomorrow!

Comment

• Little behind logging here, but do not worry training is going strong. I've been busy with some business opportunities in addition to getting back into the swing with clients and the little one. We have had family in all week and today I knocked out 5 hours of yard work with my dad. Busy, busy!

We blasted out legs on Thursday hard and heavy, pull yesterday and push today. I was a little tired today hitting chest maintaining on most lifts with my tri portion feeling great. Now is a deserved two days of from training as I'm just totally beat. Some highlights:

Squats 335 x 8
                            Straight-Leg Deads 335 x 8
                            High Stance Leg Press 720 x 10
                            Bent-Over DB Rows 80 x 8
                            1-Arm Hammer Low Rows 180/side x 6
                            Seated DB Zottman Curls 50 x 6
                            Incline Bench 225 x 4
                            Close-Grip Bench 215 x 7
                            Slight Incline DB Press 100 x 5

I've made some small changes to the training. I just bought some of own personal bands for benching since our gym's were stolen and am now looking into some chains for squats. OH YEAH, time to grow!!!! I'm up 2 lbs since last week to 182 lbs.

Comment

• SLEEP DEPRIVATION & POISON IVY CAN'T HOLD ME BACK!!

I battled being blind during carb depletion during contest prep, so you can bet that 4 hours of sleep due to baby feeding won't hold me back...or even the most severe case of poison ivy I've ever seen. Yes, my yard work landed me with a terrible rash all over my arms, legs and midsection. I gave it a few days and then just took the shot and prescription meds kill this major nuisance. I must say that training legs heavy during summer in pants and long sleeves is not fun.

LEGS 9/8:

I was pleasantly surprised at my leg strength today despite baby feedings at 1 and 4 am to help mom get some sleep and then starting a very long day at 7am. Squished my workout between clients, so I had to make it quick and wanted to save my core a bit for rack deads today. Light on the volume, but no worries it worked!

Squats
                              Still REAL low.
                              135 x 8
                              205 x 8
                              245 x 8
                              295 x 8
                              345 x 8 ------> heavy, but I got it!!! A PR awaits

Hammer Leg Press
                              Low and slightly closer than shoulder width stance.
                              3 plates/side x 10
                              4 plates/side x 10
                              5 plates/side x 10 ----> PR on this machine! #'s 7-10 were real tough

Walking DB Lunges
                              Leg after leg with no stopping.
                              BW x 11 steps/leg
                              55's x 11 steps/leg
                              85's x 11 steps/leg

Standing 1-Leg Curl Machine
                              60 x 10/leg
                              70 x 10/leg
                              75 x 9/leg
                              - SUPERSET -
                              45 Degree Calf Raises
                              360 x 11
                              360 x 9
                              360 x 8

BACK 9/9:

The pace was pretty fast knocking it out in 45 minutes due to time constraints.

Bent-Over DB Rows
                              Both arms simultaneously squeezing hard at the top.
                              60's x 8
                              70's x 8
                              80's x 8
                              90's x 6 + 2 after a few breaths setting them down

Rack Deads
                              Knee high, unloading on the rack.
                              225 x 8
                              365 x 8
                              455 x 8 ----> almost feels light now
                              525 x 5 ------> PR!

Wide Overhand Seated Rows
                              180 x 8
                              200 x 8
                              210 x 8 --> 7 & 8 could have been more strict

Pullups
                              Strict with full stretch & squeeze. 2 sets wide & 2 sets close. Hard this late in the workout, but they'll get better.
                              BW x 5
                              BW x 4
                              BW x 7 ----> switched back to close
                              BW x 5

Standing DB Curls
                              Alternating & strict. Gotta work on these despite pace & prior pull work.
                              35 x 8
                              40 x 8
                              45 x 7

Preacher EZ Curls
                              Close-grip with full stretch down. Pace wore on me but felt good.
                              75 x 8
                              80 x 7
                              80 x 5
                              - SUPERSET -
                              Standing DB Shrugs
                              110 x 10
                              115 x 10
                              115 x 9

Oh, and here is a pic that James took during our last leg workout. Glad to see I'm not looking too chubby yet haha. Just slammed an ample portion of cottage cheese, natty peanut butter, chocolate MaxPro and blueberries mixed together. GROWING TIME!

And perhaps my favorite pic of our little girl. She by the way grew 8 oz in 10 days!! She is eating to grow too hehe.

Comment

• What a cutie!! Good thing there's some white flood to give you some energy!!

Reading about your rash made me itchy too.

Comment

Working...
                                X