Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rich's New Beginning: WNBF Pro Stage in 2009!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training is getting better.

Are you guys staying in Vegas for your honeymoon?
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz
      Training is getting better.

Are you guys staying in Vegas for your honeymoon?
      Better is good. Keep after it!! Be an example for all other CL fans.

We are staying there for 3 nights after the wedding. We are planning on taking a cruise in the spring to get away once we settle in.

----------------------------

Mixing up Chest & Shoulders 11/13:

I mixed it up by going to my girl's gym nearby her current place on the east side of Columbus, Lifestyles. The gym is more family oriented and comes equipped with rubber dumbbells and barbells. I don't like lifting these fake-feeling dumbbells, but it got the job done.

Angie work's out upon occasion, but she wanted me to show her a thing or two that she could repeat a few times before the wedding. I taught her in between my sets and she even managed to give me a spot on the incline with a little coaching. Awe, how cute haha. Don't really track weights or reps much when in a new gym.

Incline Benchpress
      Flat DB Press
      A1- High Cable Crossovers
      A2- Semi-Sup Incline DB Press
      Machine Chest Squeezes
      Incline/Flat/Decline Machine Press Triple Set
      Seated DB Laterals
      Seated DB Shrug to Lateral Push
      B1-Underhand DB Lateral Raise
      B1- Standing DB Press
      Shoulder-Width Shoulder Pushups

Yeah, I am sore today. Looking back, I know why. I took today off, ate a lot of food (including massive amount of chinese) and had date night. Tomorrow , I am hitting arms with James.
      **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
      **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
      WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
      http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
      http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz
          NICE! That was awesome Laurie!! And you probably didn't even know that Angie is a singer with heavy country influence.

http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

Limb Blasting 11/15:

I blasted my arms today setting fire to my bis and tris. I also threw in forearms and calves to full crush my limbs in an hour.

A1- Barbell Curls 65 x 10, 90 x 12, 95 x 8 x 6
            A2- Rope Pulldowns 75 x 10, 100 x 14, 105 x 10 x 8
            B1- EZ Bar Skullcrushers 80 x 10 x 9 x 8
            B2- Seated DB Strict Curls 30 x 11 x 9 x 9
            C1- Alternating DB Extensions 20 x 9, 21.25 x 7, 22.5 x 6 ---> holding the stretch throughout kills!
            C2- Across Chest Hammer Curls 25 x 13, 27.5 x 10 x 10
            D1- Strict Pushdowns 50 x 15, 55 x 13, 60 x 11
            D2- EZ Reverse Curls 70 x 12, 75 x 8 x 6
            Lying DB Kickbacks 25 x 13 x 11, drop to 15 bent-over (10 out/5 straight)
            Behind-Back Bar Curls 95 x 13 x 9
            Seated Calf Raises 127.5 x 13 x 11 x 9
            Donkey Calf Raises 270 x 11 x 10 x 9

I slammed 2 rice ***** & some Golden Finish. After hitting up Lowes, I smashed a stack of buckwheat pan***** filled with berries, banana High5 and a little cottage cheese and topped with natty PB and jelly.

I then spent 2 hours assembling a cabinet and was so hungry I decided to make a North Star-motivated concoction:

Spicy Eggs & Sweetened Potatoes
            1 whole egg & 7 whites scrambled and topped with parmesan cheese, salsa and seasoned pepper. I nuked a medium-sized sweet potato most the way through and then tossed it in the pan with a little canola oil butter and substitute brown sugar. Ate it all on a big plate all jumbled up. SO GOOD!!

Comment

Originally posted by rich55
              NICE! That was awesome Laurie!! And you probably didn't even know that Angie is a singer with heavy country influence.
              I'm sure she can sing it a lot better than I can. I've had several requests not to sing anymore.

Comment

I AM MARRIED!!!

Woohooo!!! Our Las Vegas wedding was fantastic!! Angie Damron and I have now become one.

Pre-Wedding:

We arrived early last Thursday, worked out and then had dinner with family that evening. We then went to the Hoover Dam that night. Friday we had a barbecue at Sherry's (Angie's old roomie and BF) parents who live in Vegas. I was not nervous at all...

...then Saturday came! We met with our minister and got our marriage license that morning. After that, I had to chill until shortly before the wedding at 7:30pm. WAY too much time to sit around and wait, haha. I tanned and grabbed an arm workout to kill some time and relax. The butterflies kicked in again.

At that point, I just wanted to do get married but the build-up was severe. Plus, I wanted to make sure that I was looking top notch for Angie. My dad helped me prep and get my tux all straightened out. I met up with my groomsmen Greg and James at about 6pm at the Wynn hotel outside our chapel there. I started to relax more greeting family and friends.

The Wedding:

Then, I walked into the chapel with the minister to go over the logistics. Everything began to go very fast at this point. Next thing I knew, I was lined up outside the chapel with my heart pumping through my tux! I walked in with the minister and watched the wedding party proceed into the chapel. The door shut and the music kicked in with my heart pumping even more (getting excited just thinking about it, haha).

When she walked in with her father, I smiled REAL big and straight-up had tears come to my eyes! She looked SO BEAUTIFUL!! Heck, she couldn't even look at me though because she would have lost it, haha.

We held hands through the entire ceremony with eyes fixated on each other. Our ceremony included our declaration of faith in Christ, reading of scripture from Ephesians, prayer and our vows. All of our experience performing did not help our nerves at all on this most important day. My face went numb from smiling so much, haha. I enjoyed the reading of our vows very much and of course the kiss (which produced one of our best pictures). After the kiss, I calmed and was simply filled with joy.

Our pictures turned out AWESOME too and we are gonna try to scan a few to have the digital images. We went to the incredible Bellagio buffet after and then spent the next 3 full days in Vegas fully enjoying the beginning of our marriage as we should. We did get a chance to see the Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian, which was AMAZING.

Now, we are fully getting settled in at my pad (now our pad). I am so thankful on this Thanksgiving day and truly ecstatic to be with my most wonderful wife.

Comment

STRENGTH, POWER & CONTROLLED LABS BLOW-UP STACK!

That is right! The next phase of my training includes some straight-up STRENGTH and POWER training combined with Controlled Labs Blue Gene & Blue Up.

The first 2 months following the Naturalmania has included mostly volume-based hypertrophy training. The next 3 months will be strength & power. And, then I will do a hybrid of power & hypertrophy. My goal this phase is to increase my strength, improve weaknesses (particularly my bench) and of course add size.

I took off 4 days from training following my wedding and got started back up on Thanksgiving Day. Yes, my gym is open. I must thank Elite Fitness Systems for the old-school booklet I used as the base of this routine.

TRAINING SPLIT:

Monday- Dynamic Effort Upper Body
                  Tuesday- Max Effort Lower Body
                  Wednesday- Off
                  Thursday- ME Upper Body
                  Friday- DE Upper Body
                  Saturday- Back, Traps, Bis, Calves & whatever I feel necessary
                  Sunday- Off for the Sabbath

Thanksgiving ME Upper Body 11/27:

Flat Benchpress w/ red bands doubled
                  95 x 5
                  115 x 5
                  135 x 5
                  155 x 5
                  165 x 5
                  175 x 4 --> fail

Wide-Grip Pullups = performed strict & controlled
                  BW x 9 max --> been a while = weak
                  5 BW sets x 5 reps thereafter --> tough but no failure

3-way shoulder raises
                  10 lbs x 20 to front
                  10 lbs x 20 to side
                  10 lbs x 20 bent-over
                  Performed as a tri-set 3 times. Last 2 sets included breathing reps due to excruciating burn.

Lying DB Skullcrushers
                  20 x 10
                  25 x 10
                  30 x 10 ---> last rep inched up = weak

Comment

Originally posted by rich55 View Post
                    I AM MARRIED!!!

Woohooo!!! Our Las Vegas wedding was fantastic!! Angie Damron and I have now become one.

Pre-Wedding:

We arrived early last Thursday, worked out and then had dinner with family that evening. We then went to the Hoover Dam that night. Friday we had a barbecue at Sherry's (Angie's old roomie and BF) parents who live in Vegas. I was not nervous at all...

...then Saturday came! We met with our minister and got our marriage license that morning. After that, I had to chill until shortly before the wedding at 7:30pm. WAY too much time to sit around and wait, haha. I tanned and grabbed an arm workout to kill some time and relax. The butterflies kicked in again.

At that point, I just wanted to do get married but the build-up was severe. Plus, I wanted to make sure that I was looking top notch for Angie. My dad helped me prep and get my tux all straightened out. I met up with my groomsmen Greg and James at about 6pm at the Wynn hotel outside our chapel there. I started to relax more greeting family and friends.

The Wedding:

Then, I walked into the chapel with the minister to go over the logistics. Everything began to go very fast at this point. Next thing I knew, I was lined up outside the chapel with my heart pumping through my tux! I walked in with the minister and watched the wedding party proceed into the chapel. The door shut and the music kicked in with my heart pumping even more (getting excited just thinking about it, haha).

When she walked in with her father, I smiled REAL big and straight-up had tears come to my eyes! She looked SO BEAUTIFUL!! Heck, she couldn't even look at me though because she would have lost it, haha.

We held hands through the entire ceremony with eyes fixated on each other. Our ceremony included our declaration of faith in Christ, reading of scripture from Ephesians, prayer and our vows. All of our experience performing did not help our nerves at all on this most important day. My face went numb from smiling so much, haha. I enjoyed the reading of our vows very much and of course the kiss (which produced one of our best pictures). After the kiss, I calmed and was simply filled with joy.

Our pictures turned out AWESOME too and we are gonna try to scan a few to have the digital images. We went to the incredible Bellagio buffet after and then spent the next 3 full days in Vegas fully enjoying the beginning of our marriage as we should. We did get a chance to see the Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian, which was AMAZING.

Now, we are fully getting settled in at my pad (now our pad). I am so thankful on this Thanksgiving day and truly ecstatic to be with my most wonderful wife.
                    congrats man, thats great!
                    Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

DE LOWER BODY DAY 11/28:

DE Band Squats w/ blue bands
                      185 lbs for 10 sets of 2 reps w/ explosive positives

DE Deadlifts
                      I have switched my stance up on those going with a shoulder width stance and wider grip pull more from my hams and glutes. I want more thickness back there!
                      225 lbs for 10 sets of 1 rep w/ explosive positives

Reverse Hypers
                      BW x 10
                      30 x 10
                      40 x 10
                      50 x 10 ---> last few reps were real tough

45 Degree Oblique Bends
                      Have not done these in ages and I have been sore since! Haha.
                      BW x 10
                      BW x 10
                      BW x 10

Hanging Knee Raises
                      Controlled crunch upward bringing knees to my chin
                      BW x 10
                      BW x 10
                      BW x 10 ---> last few were brutal

SATURDAY BB'ing DAY 11/29

This day is to make sure that I don't miss anything that powerlifters don't care about. I need more back, bis, traps & calves. Didn't get to calves today as I had to get back to the wife.

Barbell Curls
                      65 x 8
                      75 x 8
                      85 x 8
                      95 x 8
                      100 x 5 ---> fail

Hammer Low Rows
                      135/side x 6
                      150/side x 6
                      165/side x 6 ---> hard, but not no failure. Wanted to ease into this split of back training.

Seated Cambered Bar Shrugs
                      135 x 10
                      185 x 10
                      205 x 10
                      215 x 10
                      225 x 10

DE UPPER BODY 12/1:

Greg joined me today for this one and he was psyched to begin this new training.

DE Flat Bench w/ Various Grips
                      We rotated narrow (17"), moderate (26") and wide (32") grips between index fingers each set.
                      165 for 8 sets x 3 reps ---> explosive

3 Board Press
                      165 x 3
                      225 x 3
                      255 x 3 ---> tough but nailed it

Incline DB Press
                      65 x 10
                      75 x 10
                      85 x 10 ---> touch on elbows from Greg to keep control

Bent-Over DB Rows (both arms simultaneous)
                      55 x 10
                      65 x 10
                      75 x 10 ---> tough but doable

Strict Cable Pushdowns
                      60 x 12
                      70 x 12
                      80 x 9 ---> fail

Comment

Originally posted by rich55 View Post
                        Didn't get to calves today as I had to get back to the wife.
                        Honeymooners!

Comment

ME LOWER BODY DAY 11/2:

Low & Narrow Box Squats
                          Feet slightly closer than shoulder width using a box a few inches below parallel.
                          45 x 5
                          95 x 5
                          135 x 5
                          175 x 5
                          205 x 5
                          245 x 5 ---> tough, but a good start

Homemade Glute Ham Raises
                          Quite rough with a pad, mat, toes against the wall and Greg holding my heels. But it got the job done.
                          BW x 5
                          BW x 5 --> 2 pushing off ground
                          BW x 5 ---> 3 pushing off ground
                          BW x 5 ----> Pushing off ground a little on each, working negatives and finish

Walking Lunges = nice & slow
                          BW x 10 steps each ----> Just found out our normal run is 25 or so, haha!
                          30 lbs x 10 each
                          50 lbs x 10 each ---> pretty tough, but its been a while

Hyperextension
                          Lots of core on this routine. 2 second holds.
                          BW x 15
                          BW x 15

Weighted Situps
                          2 second holds
                          BW x 10
                          8 lb medicine ball x 10
                          8 lb medicine ball x 10

Comment

Originally posted by Quelly View Post
                            congrats man, thats great!
                            Thanks Eric! Much appreciated.

Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                            Honeymooners!
                            That is right, haha! Now if it was chest or arms, I would have just asked for forgiveness.

Comment

ME UPPER BODY 12/4:

Yesterday, was awesome as I moved up on every movement. This was my first day back last week after the break, so I had plenty of room for improvement this week. TIME TO GROW!!

Flat Bench w/ Bands
                              Red bands doubled. Controlled, slow negatives & powerful positives.
                              95 x 5
                              135 x 5
                              155 x 5
                              175 x 5 ---> previous fail, but tore it up this time!
                              185 x 5 -----> real tough, but inched up the 5th one!!
                              190 x 3 -------> fail

Wide-Grip Pullups
                              1-second squeeze, controlled negative and 1-second stretch
                              BW x 6
                              BW x 6
                              BW x 6
                              BW x 6
                              BW x 6
                              BW x 6 ---> MUCH better than last week

3-Way Raises
                              Front, Side & Rear performed with control
                              10 lbs x 20/20/20 reps
                              10 lbs x 20/20/20 reps
                              10 lbs x 20/20/20 reps ---> better than last week, no pauses needed

Lying DB Extensions
                              Made these more difficult by touching the end of dumbbell ALL the way down to shoulders for deep stretch. Quite hard!
                              25 x 10
                              30 x 10
                              31.25 x 9
                              30 x 9

DE legs tonight!!

Comment

bands and chains are the bomb

Comment

Working...
                                X