Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

I have recently purchased some of the Controlled Lab products. So far I love them. I feel they are working great, but I may not be using them to the best of their abilities. I have read other threads that partially answer my question, but since my situation differs from everyone's else's I thought it would be wise to post.

I am 34 yrs. old..... 6'3 230lbs.... I put on a lot of weight last winter but started doing a lot of Cardio around Easter and I went from 275 down to 230. With in the last month i have started doing weight training. I do not work out like most of you.... what i mean is I do not use free weights, nor do i go to a gym. I own a bowflex. I use to use free weights in my teens and 20's, so i realize there is a big difference. However, results I have already attained using CL products have been pleasing. I am still looking at losing about 20lbs. of fat. I am large frame, so if I'm working out I really dont want to get any lighter than 200-210lbs.

I am taking GM, PW, Orange Triad, and AM/PM Reduction.... Plus a protein supp. I do aprox. 25-40 sets 4 days/ week. Plus aprox 4 days/week I ride my mountain bike for cardio. I walk or jog a few miles each morning.

Now for the questions.

1.) W/ the exception of Orange Triad and Reduction... which supps do i take on non weight training days? If so when is the best time of day?

2.) I feel like I'm losing more weight and my gunbelt at work is needing to be adjusted.... yet the scales seem to be going up slightly. Is this a direct result of GM ? Is it just muscle mass that is tipping the scale in an upwards direction? Does creatine make me retain extra water? Should I hold off on doing the creatine until i reach my desired body weight?

3.) Due to my rotating hours I take Ambien as a night time sleep aid. I usually only use it when i work midnight shifts. Is the effects of Reduction PM lessened w/ the use of other sleep aids? Should i not use Reduction PM when I am using Ambien?

4.) What order should I take my Protein, PW, and GM in? When I'm biking for long distance can PW or GM be used during my ride? Before, After, not all??

Thank you in advance to anyone that has been able to make it through this. Sorry it was so long. I appreciate the feedback. A lot has changed in lifting since I was younger, so I am behind times. I wish I had these products in my late teens and early 20's.

adding muscle mass will decrease your body size -- hence why your clothes fit looser -- but at the same time cause your weight to go up -- muscle weighs almost 2x as much as bodyfat

keep protein on non -training days, protein is more of a food type supplement than training type --- more protein = better recovery/growth etc. and recovery/growth occurs outside of training

creatine (green mag) can be taken on off days, i believe it is directed as such, i personally have found creatine to be beneficial when only taken on training days (saves $ as well) -- if you eat a fair amount of meat (steak especially) you should get a decent amount of dietary creatine as well (just something to consider)

don't know much about ambien off the top of my head -- generally, i would say avoid sleep aids at all cost; they can turn into a crutch in that you need them to get good quality sleep! (no good) -- there are numerous healthy foods that are great before bed at promoting deep good sleep (i love bannas blended into an ultra peptide bannana cream shake!) -- google for a bigger list of them

PW is best used pre/intra workout -- though amino acids are great supplemented all day (costly though) -- protein powder has a significant amount of aminos in them as well, which is something to consider .

I would say take GM + PW pre, some PW intra (during), and protein + oats/a good carb source post (replenishes glycogen/glucose --- apples, bannanas are good whole food options; i use ground up oats for convience/cost as well)

and liek you said, dumb bells/free weights are way better than a bowflex; but the more important thing is you've begun exercising and taking steps to get yourself back into shape!

Fitness & health is a journey not a quick race. plus there are tons of at home workouts you could do, being creative and using various things for weighted resistence to increase the intensity.

Comment

Looks like your questions were answered in the above post. Congrats on the great progress your making. Keep us posted.
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Working...
      X